Menu

Prayers needed please!! Pain is bad tonight and can't sleep

Mosaicmind

Howdy!!

I've told my story in another post about my chronic back pain that is pretty bad, especially the last 2 1/2 years. Still appealing insurance denial of the 2 surgeries I need but, I don't want to get into that tonight.

I've only gotten 7 hours of sleep since Tuesday evening when I took a nap around 7pm for a little more than an hour. My pain has gotten bad again and the med I'm using for break thru pain isn't enough this week. I have a string of days like this sometimes when I've done things during the week I shouldn't or I've been sitting upright too much. This is part of the reason but also the longer I'm made to remain like this damage is done and nerves can be trapped or pinched, bone on bone damage is happening, or it could be that my sacroiliac joints are being pulled farther apart or my piriformis muscle has had more damage. I just never know.

I threw up earlier because of the pain and now I have a huge headache. I'm doing everything my spine doc and pain doc have told me to do but it's not working as well tonight. I am asking for prayers and good thoughts so the pain will subside just enough that I can get to sleep. I took extra pain meds (doctor has okayed this early on), using my tens unit, and using heat and or ice per Dr's instructions for when this happens.

I've already had a good cry. Just waiting for things to turn around. I'm not asking for advice on what to do because I deal with this 24/7 and it's been this way for years. I only go to the ER under certain circumstances that both of my doctors and I have agreed to because you have to be very careful when you have chronic pain and are on a couple of high powered narcotics like I am. I will not hesitate to go but I'm not there yet.

Thank you to those who will pray and send good thoughts tonight so I can get thru this.

A blast from the past! I haven't seen you here in a loooong time!

I hope you will get relief from your pain very soon. That sounds very difficult.

P.S. You may need to change your avatar to a non-copywritten image. That is a big change from years ago.

• Like 1

Update:

Finally fell asleep at 3am and slept until around 8. I woke up still tired but my pain had gone from an 8 to a 6, so that's good. Today, we are keeping it low key, which we usually do on Sundays. I'm a big believer in resting on day 7 after a big and busy week. My hubby isn't big on lots of hoopla for Father's Day so if I feel good then the only thing we are doing today I'd going out later for supper and I don't have to get dressed up because he wants something cheap and very unhealthy ðŸ˜.

I appreciate more than you guys know the prayers last night because they gave me the much needed lift to keep sane until I could fall asleep. I've found with chronic pain that you look at making it thru the next minute and not the next hour, because an hour can be like a day when you're in severe pain.

• Like 4

Update:

Finally fell asleep at 3am and slept until around 8. I woke up still tired but my pain had gone from an 8 to a 6, so that's good. Today, we are keeping it low key, which we usually do on Sundays. I'm a big believer in resting on day 7 after a big and busy week. My hubby isn't big on lots of hoopla for Father's Day so if I feel good then the only thing we are doing today I'd going out later for supper and I don't have to get dressed up because he wants something cheap and very unhealthy ðŸ˜.

I appreciate more than you guys know the prayers last night because they gave me the much needed lift to keep sane until I could fall asleep. I've found with chronic pain that you look at making it thru the next minute and not the next hour, because an hour can be like a day when you're in severe pain.

We prayed too and are so glad you are feeling a tiny bit better today.  May it continue to be so every day.