Menu

what % of income do you spend on shoes?

SparklyUnicorn

A lot more than I used to. After a year of plantar fasciitis, I try to only buy good quality shoes (except that pair of flats from DSW). I don't buy a lot of shoes, but I do aim for quality now. Then there's the kid who is a runner and outgrew three pairs of good running shoes in the last year (but also wore them out). And she has soccer cleats--a pair a year. Her sister gets two pair of pointe shoes for ballet a year. Thankfully dh doesn't buy new shoes until the soles are literally falling apart. And oldest doesn't walk--her shoes last years and years.

Ugh........ shoes are a weakness for me........... my husband cringes whenever I say I'm headed to the Clarks outlet. He knows I'm coming home with two pairs. No clue on percentage. Dh usually has two pairs for work- pair of black and pair of brown, a pair of sneakers, a pair of water shoes and a pair of hiking boots. Plus the pair for his suit. Boys have dress shoes, sneakers, water shoes, hiking boots. I have around twenty pairs and that's after a recent purge.......

Dhand Ds 0.1%  Dh and Ds get about 2 pair a year  

DD9 0.1+% gets 4 pair, but I can usually find her 2 pair of tennis shoes used (she trashes her tennis shoes so I don't buy them new)

Me 0,12% I get 2 pair but my work shoes are $$

DD17 0,2+%  She gets 1 pair that I pay for but they are often close to $200 (boots) for a present otherwise she pays for her own 

Probably more than I would like to admit. I am usually very thrifty, but I can't do low quality shoes....maybe flip flops, but that is it. My kids usually just go for some Vans, so we go to the buy one get on 1/2 off sale at least twice a year. That means $75 for two pair of shoes. (We have four boys, though). In addition, three play competitive soccer, and I have learned not yo go with the cheap shoes sold in the soccer bundles when your child plays serious soccer. For my $15 year old that means about $70 for a pair of cleats that will last about five months, if he doesn't grow out of them. His indoor shoes can be found for about $50. I always buy during some type of BOGO sale (usually the same as Vans store). The younger's shoes run $39-70 for my 6y/o (entire season) and $50-70 for my 11y/o (entire season), so $100-130 for two cleats. Add to that the fact that I jog about 20-25 miles a week and need shoes about every 500 miles and hubby needs work boots, which run about $100-150. [emoji33] honestly, I don't even want to keep going. Yikes. (Hiking boots, wrestling shoes) Looking at it, it sounds so expensive, but after discussing I t with some of the other soccer moms, I realized I spend way less than most because I have learned the sale rotations and use coupons on top of sales when allowed.

The above is likely why I rarely ever go out and buy myself a pair of cute shoes just because I liked them. My everday flip flops were $2 at Old Navy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For me, about $20 every 3 years, LOL.

For my kids, I really don't want to know.  My bigger kid, age 9, is now in a size 6 or so.  Every time she grows, it's a new pair of school shoes, church shoes, gym/play shoes, riding boots, soccer cleats ....  Thank goodness we quit dance and don't need shoes for swim, gymnastics, or TKD.  :p

My other kid doesn't grow as fast, but she loves fancy shoes.  She doesn't get them often, but I can see a lot of shoes in her future closets.  :p

Recently I've been wearing Husband's hiking boots. He bought two pairs that in the end didn't fit well but which were great for me, with my custom orthotics. Yes, we wear the same size. Everyone in the household, ranging from 4'11" to 5'11" can wear our one pair of rubber boots. The men have small feet.

I have had to purchase 3 pairs of shoes in the past couple of months to replace worn out pairs. I only wear those three too, so naturally they all died at the same time. I wear mine for a good 3 to 4 years though, so I don't mind paying for good shoes.

The most expensive was running shoes now that I'm exercising again. If I keep this up, depending on how much I actually exercise, I'll have to replace these in a year. DH runs and gets new shoes about every 6 months. I don't walk/run nearly as much as he does so I'm hoping my shoes last longer.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Me that would probably be about a tenth of a percent.  Not because I'm loaded though.

Mostly this is a joke.

I broke down and bought a pair of shoes today because my other pair is starting to shred.  I cannot believe how expensive some shoes are.  Those Sperry shoes?  $100?!  Oh pulease...are they worth it?  Can't be.  They don't look all that special.

If I buy one pair of shoes in a year, it's a lot. 

Very little is spent on shoes here.  Once every few years, we go out and buy a few well-made pairs, and that's it. 

And oldest doesn't walk--her shoes last years and years.

I to laugh at this as my mom is in a power wheelchair only stands to transfer.....but her shoe budget is bigger than mine and I might walk 4+ miles at a time. I just wish we wore the same size as her shoes look like brand new even years later.

Usually not much but lately I've had to buy shoes that are good for my plantar fasciitis so that ups it a little bit.

In the past year:

1 pair of Brooks running shoes

1 pair of Keens sandals

1 pair of <some kind of expensive supportive> dress boots

Each pair was over $100.  Then I have Uggs that I've had for years, some Keen slides that I've had for 11 years, other cheap boots from Target.

The kids get shoes from Target - usually they have one pair of sneakers, one pair of sandals, and one pair of dress shoes that fit.  And snow boots in the winter.  Dd might have dressy shoes and dressy boots. 

DH buys a new pair of shoes about once a year but usually they are pretty decent shoes and cost around $100.

Oldest dd has plastic bins FULL of shoes.  Tons of shoes.  But she's been the same size for the last 7 or 8 years so she's accumulated them over time.  We wear the same size but there's no way I can wear her 4 inch heels and platform sandals without breaking an ankle.  She bought most of them herself.  I think we bought sneakers when the old pair got too beat up, dance shoes, and maybe a pair for prom.  Uggs that were Christmas gifts.