Menu

Valentine dinner party w/ kids 11 and up--fun suggestions?

madteaparty

My kids never tired of making Valentines, even as they got older.  We'd have more sophisticated supplies so that they could make a couple special ones.  Could you have a card table set up for those who want to do that?  Also, we made individual heart-shaped pizzas once for Valentine's Day.  The dough was ready ahead of time, and each person shaped it into a heart (just big enough for one person).  After it had risen, they put toppings on it from an assortment I had.

Edited by J-rap
  • Like 1

Pandemic? Seriously? At a Valentine's party? ??? :lol:

That's kinda twisted.

I mean that in the best possible way.

So, make a craft (or have supplies out), play Charades, play Pictionary with Valentine words, show a video (UP would be appropriate, since it's about  love and letting go), have them decorate sugar cookies (frosting/lots of sprinkles/tubes of icing to write or draw with)...

THEN play Pandemic. :laugh:

ETA: You could make Valentines for soldiers at a local VA.

Edited by Chris in VA

Pandemic? Seriously? At a Valentine's party? ??? :lol:

That's kinda twisted.

I mean that in the best possible way.

So, make a craft (or have supplies out), play Charades, play Pictionary with Valentine words, show a video (UP would be appropriate, since it's about love and letting go), have them decorate sugar cookies (frosting/lots of sprinkles/tubes of icing to write or draw with)...

THEN play Pandemic. :laugh:

ETA: You could make Valentines for soldiers at a local VA.

I am a totally socially inept person :)

I did think of having an origami activity too

• Like 1

So what size group are you looking at ? Consider more party games like Geek Out, Werewolf, Dixit?

They can play with larger groups and mixed ages better than say, Pandemic.

Are you playing original Pandemic? Do you have expansions?  On the Brink adds a 5th player... or In the Lab/State of Emergency take that further...

Also bingo with candy hearts for markers - you know, the kind with sayings on them like "I love you"  or "U R cute" -

bingo is often overlooked as a party game, but it is so simple to play and allows everyone to be silly or quiet! 

And I second cookie decorating - you could even buy unfrosted sugar cookies at the grocery store and canned frosting/sprinkles to let the guests decorate the cookies.

Myra

Older kids are THE BEST! They entertain themselves. Just throw food at them. If they have games and grub they're good. Maybe set up a top-your-own pizza station?

This, plus a build your own sundae station, and you're golden. 

(We always do build your own sundae party at school for my 4th graders and it's their favorite school party.)

• Like 1

Fondu party. They can help cut fruit/bread/stuff, make chocolate and/or cheese dip, etc. and eating fondu can be time consuming. Even more if they make their own bread or something.

Eta - make chocolate lollipops. Have molds and colored chocolate melts, small brushes to paint molds, etc.

Edited by displace