Menu

Does anyone know where I can get an inflatable tick?

Dmmetler

One of the high school bio teachers who DD follows on Twitter posted a picture of an inflatable flea and tick his vet had given him for his classroom (advertising from a pharmaceutical company) and she thinks it's cool. She has a birthday coming up, and I think it would be neat to surprise her. Any ideas? I already checked EBay and Amazon and tried googling.

Contact the vet - they might give one to you, from the drug rep.

We have a giant tick art project in our studio. I think the body is made of chicken wire, under all the other bits. And it is stuffed with my med bottles and bags, there may even be a sharps container in there (5 years worth), hanging from an IV pole. It's quite scary. But not inflatable. :P

• Like 1

She'd probably like the parasites, but that's getting kind of expensive :). One thing I've realized is that anatomical models are pricey. I can kind of spin them as school, but really it's more that she wants to be able to take them apart, put them back together, compare what different organs look like in different animals and with her vertebrate anatomy book, and so on. She hates the idea of animals dying for dissections, but seeing what they look like inside, now that's cool. 

Yeah...another year where there are a lot of birthday presents that won't get opened in front of too many people....

• Like 3

How about a red grape?  When my son was a toddler, he was chewing on something happily and when I pulled it out of his mouth, I swore it was a red grape...until I saw its little legs!  It was a full tick that had popped off of our dog.  :-O