Menu

Do you have rosacea?

Ann.without.an.e

After years of battling it, I have been using something for a few weeks that has made a remarkable difference.  I bought it to help with a dark spot because it was cheap on amazon.  It hasn't really done anything with the dark spot but I have also used it on my whole face and the difference in my rosacea is unreal.  It is only $9.99 and it is organic.  It is called Belitae Vitamin C Serum.  I am not sure I am allowed to link on here and this is not intended to advertise anything.  I have simply found something that works (for the first time ever) and I wanted to share for other rosacea sufferers.  Maybe this will help someone else?  :thumbup1:

• Like 8

Another product I have found success with is Prosacea, a homeopathic remedy After a 6 month battle against a terrible flare-up using Rx's from my (otherwise really great) dermatologist, regular use of Prosacea got it under control (and for a mere fraction of the cost, ~$13 for a tube that has lasted a loooooong time).

I have also realized that I need to stick with mineral makeup. Menopause and liquid foundation are a wicked combination, for me anyway.

• Like 3

Another product I have found success with is Prosacea, a homeopathic remedy After a 6 month battle against a terrible flare-up using Rx's from my (otherwise really great) dermatologist, regular use of Prosacea got it under control (and for a mere fraction of the cost, ~$13 for a tube that has lasted a loooooong time).

I have also realized that I need to stick with mineral makeup. Menopause and liquid foundation are a wicked combination, for me anyway.

I had good luck with Prosacea!  If anyone is suffering from extreme redness a new prescription cream is available.  It really works well.  My redness is more mild so it was to whitening for me.

• Like 1

Are you ladies discussing remedies for the redness? or for the bumps? 

I refused to take an antibiotic for the rosacea breakouts.  I did consent to using the (prescription) Finacea facial gel, and think very well of that product.  I have not had the breakouts/bumps for a couple of years now, and I pretty much don't worry about the redness.  I don't wear makeup (don't care for clogging my pores). 

I don't feel that there are many effective products out there, so I appreciate this thread.  I don't think anyone is going to "call us" on mentioning specific products that help.  There certainly are plenty of companies out there that do nothing other than take ones money!

• Like 1

Are you ladies discussing remedies for the redness? or for the bumps? 

I refused to take an antibiotic for the rosacea breakouts.  I did consent to using the (prescription) Finacea facial gel, and think very well of that product.  I have not had the breakouts/bumps for a couple of years now, and I pretty much don't worry about the redness.  I don't wear makeup (don't care for clogging my pores). 

I don't feel that there are many effective products out there, so I appreciate this thread.  I don't think anyone is going to "call us" on mentioning specific products that help.  There certainly are plenty of companies out there that do nothing other than take ones money!

My derm has recommended laser treatment for broken capillaries (where most of my "redness" comes from), but that's not happening while the kids are still in the school expen$e stage!  I think the mineral makeup provides the best coverage. At home and on casual days I don't bother with makeup (saves money, too!), but when I have to meet clients or do some public speaking, I need a reliable professional look. I use the prosacea to treat flare ups of blistering. Mine seems to be related to stress and hormones these days.

ETA I agree with you that there are a lot of NON effective products out there! You know how each person seems to have her own set of triggers for flare-ups (heat, foods, stress, hormones, allergies, whatever/whatever combination)? I believe we also each have our own successful treatment regimen, and just need to figure out the right combination. There's certainly no "easy" button.

• Like 1

I had good luck with Prosacea! If anyone is suffering from extreme redness a new prescription cream is available. It really works well. My redness is more mild so it was to whitening for me.

Was that Mirvaso? It caused *horrible* rebound flushing for me. I have fairly mild rosacea too, but this actually made it worse for months after I stopped using it.

I've been very happy with Prosacea since finding it seven years ago--in fact, I probably heard about it here on the boards!

Prior to that, I'd been on Metrogel for ~15 years.  It never dawned on me that Metrogel was used for anything other than rosacea, and I casually mentioned to a new doctor that I'd been on Metrogel for 10+ years.  She was incredulous. Apparently, it's also prescribed as an antibacterial vaginal cream.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

• Like 1

Was that Mirvaso? It caused *horrible* rebound flushing for me. I have fairly mild rosacea too, but this actually made it worse for months after I stopped using it.

Oh no! It was Mirvasa! I didn't have any rebound flushing. My redness is mild so it made me appear over whitened. If the effect was a little less intense I would have loved it.

for me I used antibiotics and azediac acid cream (finacea cream)  when it first started happening after I figured out the bumps were not acne stuff.   I did that for about a year then started researching.   I have found for myself that going on a low inflammation diet, getting into fitness big time (p90x cardio level is my regular workout speed) and drinking lots of water that I haven't had a break out in years.

I will still get redness from wine, spicy  foods so I limit those but put ice on my face immediately to cool the skin and closes the capillaries

I do occasionally get a nodule on my hairline of my face, neck or back but they come witth hormonal times.   I have the Finacea cream  for the occasional bump  I"ve had the same cream tube for a couple of years and its still over half full (getting out of date soon)

• 2 years later...

I'm so glad to have found this thread.  I was just diagnosed a month ago.  It was unreal.  Like Monday I had normal skin and Tuesday I had rosacea.  I just tried to sake a selfie for photo to use on a website and I looked so awful.  I've been using Mirvaso for the past month.  The only effect it had was it eliminated the peeling skin I had, but my cheeks seem worse and feel hot.  I see some recommendations in this thread.  Are you still using them with good effect?  

I'm so glad to have found this thread.  I was just diagnosed a month ago.  It was unreal.  Like Monday I had normal skin and Tuesday I had rosacea.  I just tried to sake a selfie for photo to use on a website and I looked so awful.  I've been using Mirvaso for the past month.  The only effect it had was it eliminated the peeling skin I had, but my cheeks seem worse and feel hot.  I see some recommendations in this thread.  Are you still using them with good effect?  

I use Finacea (which is awfully expensive!) twice a day. My rosacea doesn't seem to have a trigger. It is what it is. :-)

• Like 1

My rosacea was apparently related to overgrowth of a common skin mite, and was treated well with Prosacea. The active ingredient in that is sulfur, which controls the mites. I've been able to successfully maintain my skin with a sulfur soap from Amazon. No more redness, bumps, itching, etc.

And Jason sulfur shampoo has finally eliminated my scaly, flaky scalp. Same problem, I'd guess.

Edited by Amy in NH
  • Like 2