Menu

Must brag on my son!

momofkhm

Son plays chess.  This morning he had a 1708 rating.

He played a tourney today, tied for first.  But the big deal is that he beat a 2200 National Master!  The tourney is already rated officially.  His rating shot up to 1830!!!

When I got there to pick him up, he had just finished the game against the National Master.  He was beyond excited.

So so happy for him!

• Like 43

Son plays chess.  This morning he had a 1708 rating.

He played a tourney today, tied for first.  But the big deal is that he beat a 2200 National Master!  The tourney is already rated officially.  His rating shot up to 1830!!!

When I got there to pick him up, he had just finished the game against the National Master.  He was beyond excited.

So so happy for him!

That is truly amazing! I am very happy for your son. You must be so proud.

• 1 month later...

Congratulations to your son!

For those of you who have kids who play chess competitively, do you have any tips as far as resources/books/websites that you recommend. My dd6 learned to play from a stellar chess player(family member who isn't around often) and I do not have the strategy skills/knowledge(beside knowing the basic moves) to teach her and she is begging to play.