Menu

Baby uodate

MedicMom

I know, I know!  I bet the folks at Workman's Comp saw/knew that you'll have a new helper coming home, so thought that would help you with your hubby!  I mean, kids are supposed to help care for their folks, right?  ;)

Otherwise, glad things are going well and hope you have real help around you for the upcoming time period.

• Like 2

Wonderful!!!

and, start enlisting help for that time period now...all 3 of you are going to be in a recovery of some sort.  There is a website to help organize help (laundry, meals, etc...), and I think this situation calls for something like that.  :grouphug:

And, perhaps your dh should start practicing doing baby care one-handed.  :lol:  

Wonderful!!!

and, start enlisting help for that time period now...all 3 of you are going to be in a recovery of some sort. There is a website to help organize help (laundry, meals, etc...), and I think this situation calls for something like that. :grouphug:

And, perhaps your dh should start practicing doing baby care one-handed. :lol:

My mom actually set up one of those when the baby was born....we had three people bring meals and that was it. I'm not expecting a lot of practical help. DH won't be able to move his arm at all for at least two weeks and of course it's his right arm.

I used all my vacation time on bedrest and my six weeks of disability following a birth is up in a week and a half. Fortunately my coworkers are amazing and donated vacation time and enough cash that I can take a month off when the baby comes home with no worries even if DH isn't working. Worker's comp only goes so far.

We will be fine, I think. I will just be very very glad when it's all over.

My mom actually set up one of those when the baby was born....we had three people bring meals and that was it. I'm not expecting a lot of practical help. DH won't be able to move his arm at all for at least two weeks and of course it's his right arm.

I used all my vacation time on bedrest and my six weeks of disability following a birth is up in a week and a half. Fortunately my coworkers are amazing and donated vacation time and enough cash that I can take a month off when the baby comes home with no worries even if DH isn't working. Worker's comp only goes so far.

We will be fine, I think. I will just be very very glad when it's all over.

Kudos to your co-workers!  It sounds like a great group of people to have in your life.

If there's a church/religious group you're involved with, someone there might be able to coordinate things.  When we've had needs, co-workers (both my side and hubby's side), church friends, and neighbors pinched in.  Many more offered to than we ended up needing.  The key though, was that they had to know there was a need.  Someone had to fill them in (specifically).  Many feel uncomfortable asking, but don't mind helping at all.

I suspect there will be a need in your near future.  It's time now to be thinking about who's out there and what niche they might be able to fill (mowing lawn, fixing meals, helping with ???).  Then whichever way works to communicate best - FB/personal talks/asking or similar.  I had a contact at school I could count on and two really, really priceless neighbors.