Menu

I can verify a hive member is real!

school17777

I randomly met a hive member yesterday at a homeschool fair!  Rivka was a vendor and as soon as I saw her banner display, I knew it had to be her!  (She posted about her business recently in a link.)  She was busy talking to someone and as soon as she was free, I went over to introduce myself.  She may be coming to speak to my homeschool support group next month, so I will get to see her again (unless my kids have a game that night).

• Like 26

but wait. How do we know *you're* real?

:laugh:

Because I attended the hive gathering in Central PA last month and (unfortunately - I hate having my picture taken!), there is a picture of me!

Ahem...

http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/545492-picture-of-hive-members-from-our-get-together/

I was NOT standing next to a mirage or cut out...  :coolgleamA:

• Like 7

Wait!  I've always referred to the hive as my imaginary friends.  Now that existence of various members is being verified, I'll have to come up with a new name.  

Any suggestions? "The Source of all Great Wisdom" seems accurate, but a touch long.

• Like 8

Wait!  I've always referred to the hive as my imaginary friends.  Now that existence of various members is being verified, I'll have to come up with a new name.  

Any suggestions? "The Source of all Great Wisdom" seems accurate, but a touch long.

the Homies

• Like 5

Rivka! Of course! Why didn't she come to our meet and greet??? She lives close enough.

She used to live right near a museum in Baltimore I like to visit and before she moved I always intended to see if she'd going to the museum the same day we went and we could meet. But we never went and then she moved.

• Like 2

I'm still imaginary.  :leaving:

Now I'm wondering if *I'm* imaginary too. I might be trapped in the matrix.  :zombie:

I'm thinking we'll have to put it to a vote to see if imaginary Hive members can attend our get-togethers.  I don't think we have a green screen to try to toss folks into a picture.  

In general though, I have to say I've enjoyed meeting the boardies I've met.  It gives me more insight into their posts (positive insight) and seems to fill in mental gaps for me.

Maybe that would differ if I met those of you who are actually grown men living in mama's basement... 

• Like 2