Menu

Picture of Hive Members from our get together

Garga

Jealous!  Invite me next time and I will bring bean dip and cupcakes.

Wonderful picture!  You all look too sweet to have such opinionated posts.   :lol:   Those must be your "Clark Kent" disguises...we know who you really are at The Hive. :coolgleamA:

• Like 17

Even though our families thought we were a little odd for meeting Strangers From the Internet everyone presented themselves as pretty normal people.  
The kids had a good time playing with each other just as if they aren’t hidden in the basement all day.  Go figure.  

Great pic!  Thanks for posting it, Garga!

And you're telling me it wasn't just my family thinking I was crazy meeting folks off the internet?  

I'm under the natural assumption that we all coached our kids on how to behave with other kids... ;)

Jealous!  Invite me next time and I will bring bean dip and cupcakes.

Wonderful picture!  You all look too sweet to have such opinionated posts.   :lol:   Those must be your "Clark Kent" disguises...we know who you really are at The Hive. :coolgleamA:

Everyone is invited.  Unfortunately, until one of us wins some sort of super lottery, travel costs are an issue for some, but if they aren't...please come!  Meeting people IRL is fun - esp that first moment where everyone is wondering who is who.  I'll freely admit I didn't imagine some folks looking like they do.  :tongue_smilie:  Now when I read posts I feel like I have a far better understanding too.  I thoroughly enjoyed it and the hours flew by.

• Like 7

OK, be honest-did anyone else look at this and think: they all look so young!! Compared to me...

It sounds like you all had a lovely time. Wish I could have made it.

Yes, that was my first thought. Eveyone looks so young and healthy.

It does sound like it was a lovely get together. I would have brought cupcakes.

• Like 4

OK, be honest-did anyone else look at this and think: they all look so young!!  Compared to me...

It sounds like you all had a lovely time.  Wish I could have made it.

Um... you and I aren't much different in age and you'd have fit in fine in our pic.  Hope you can make it next time!

Yes, that was my first thought. Eveyone looks so young and healthy.

It does sound like it was a lovely get together. I would have brought cupcakes.

Looks can be deceiving, no?  ;)  Hope you can make it next time (though not sure about your travel options) with or without cupcakes!

• Like 2

Everyone is invited. Unfortunately, until one of us wins some sort of super lottery, travel costs are an issue for some, but if they aren't...please come! Meeting people IRL is fun - esp that first moment where everyone is wondering who is who. I'll freely admit I didn't imagine some folks looking like they do. Now when I read posts I feel like I have a far better understanding too. I thoroughly enjoyed it and the hours flew by.

Me too. I wish there could be a mass meet-up and location was no obstacle. Maybe once we all get our Apparition License.

• Like 7

OK, be honest-did anyone else look at this and think: they all look so young!!  Compared to me...

It sounds like you all had a lovely time.  Wish I could have made it.

My first thought was...wow, Creekland's got quite a nice tan. :) Bahamas for a month seems to agree with her. 

I wish I could have come. I'm close enough that it's possible so maybe next time.

• Like 4

My first thought was...wow, Creekland's got quite a nice tan. :) Bahamas for a month seems to agree with her. 

I wish I could have come. I'm close enough that it's possible so maybe next time.

I'd love to all meet in the Bahamas... next Feb would work for me!  I know a nice laid back island. :coolgleamA:  

Would love to see you next time - summer perhaps!

• Like 2

It's fun (and kinda world's colliding) to meet online friends IRL.

Y'all should have just taped your conversation using your phone and put the podcast up for another summer session. I'm sure there was lots that we all could have learned!

Lisa

Yes, podcast! So often I wish I could play the boards in audio form to listen to while I do mundane things like fold laundry. In my mind you each have your own voices.

Lovely pic. So nice you all had the opportunity to meet up IRL.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing the photo with us!  Some here on WTM (like me) have a photo for their posts, but there are some who don't and it would be nice to see what they look like.  The in person meeting you had sounds great. In May 2009, I met approximately 20 people from the web forum I participate in for my favorite singer/band. Mostly people from Colombia, but the webmaster came down from Puerto Rico and 3 people came up here from Lima, Peru. A very awesome experience, as was being able to spend time with the singers and his Manager and attend 2 concerts with the group. Prior to that, over the years, I'd met 2 or 3 people who I "knew" over the Internet.

• Like 3

And to those who met middle son (or anyone else who cares to), you can rejoice with him.  He just got notification that he was accepted to a summer internship at Stanford.   :party: 

The competition was very intense based upon numbers they sent him.  I think this one is his first choice, but I know he was also invited to interview for one with Harvard, so I've sent a message back asking if he's going to pursue the others or if we just need to make him some California plans.

AND, it also means he's not likely to be around for a summer meeting if we get together (sigh).  I'm ecstatic for him, but I'll miss him terribly.  I love watching my young birds fly, but I miss their nesting years.  Those of you with kids still at home, enjoy the time.

• Like 15