Menu

Ignore this thread!

Due to all the backpack talk, and plus the fact that little dd has convinced me that she NEEDS a separate backpack for each of the co-ops she will be attending next year, I ordered this:

http://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/62783?attrValue_0=Flower%20Power

Free shipping, paid with paypal, durable, cute, and all the things.  Score.

Are you the reason that it is backordered until June?

• Like 1

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

A quick google was fairly unhelpful so you are going to need to spell this one out, little missy. <hair toss>

He was big on logic, see? If Karl had penguins, they would not be fanciful.

They would however be falsifiable (haha. Thank you, thank you. I'm here all evening. )

That was his thing.

#epistemologyftw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 5

I never saw this.  Maybe I should.  (I don't think so, anyway....I never remember when I have seen movies.)  Why does he have to be so short?  This eliminates him as a marriage prospect.  Well, that, and so many other things.  

The only reason I saw Iron Man is because a previous prek class I taught talked about him and the avengers sooo much. Finally, during a couple of breaks, the fam and I watched the entire series of everything iron man and avenger related. I could finally relate to the kids, and was able to throw in several lessons as well. ("Well, Iron Man shoots!" "Yes, he's hurting people." "But, they're bad people." "It doesn't mean they're not getting hurt. There is no shooting in school. People are not safe with shooting. Thank you.")

Would your dh mind a second husband if he's rich? Maybe RD,Jr. doesn't mind tall women?  :leaving:

• Like 1

He was big on logic, see? If Karl had penguins, they would not be fanciful.

They would however be falsifiable (haha. Thank you, thank you. I'm here all evening. )

That was his thing.

#epistemologyftw

I think I'm starting to see you through the weeds here.

The only reason I saw Iron Man is because a previous prek class I taught talked about him and the avengers sooo much. Finally, during a couple of breaks, the fam and I watched the entire series of everything iron man and avenger related. I could finally relate to the kids, and was able to throw in several lessons as well. ("Well, Iron Man shoots!" "Yes, he's hurting people." "But, they're bad people." "It doesn't mean they're not getting hurt. There is no shooting in school. People are not safe with shooting. Thank you.")

Would your dh mind a second husband if he's rich? Maybe RD,Jr. doesn't mind tall women?  :leaving:

I will ask him and get back to you.

• Like 3

Another classic I've never heard of? Sigh.

It has Harrison Ford. 

And if you watched figure skating in the late 80s early 90s, you will recognize the soundtrack. 

dh & I had a fight about this movie way back before we were married. I want to see it again (by myself) and see what I think about it now but then, I really hated it. 

• Like 3

I am currently planning out the history and literature schedule for little dd next year.  I am done with the weekly plan of independent reading, and I am now working on literature read alouds.  I will read aloud 2,000 pages of literature to her next year, which does not include poetry (or history or science)

1)  You're going to need more prednisone.

2)  She's going to be a genius. 

• Like 2

I think I'm starting to see you through the weeds here.

Are you saying my jokes are so flat I'm sinking in the bog of wet muddy weeds????? 

hmph. 

:lol: 

I was going to write these down, a la Mr Collins, so I could whip them out when conversation turns to penguins. As it does, so often. 

• Like 2

Queen of Evil!

Tell us what film it is. C'mon - we can keep a secret!

It would be cool if it was a film, and one that my niece also auditioned for. My sister started telling us something a while back, but then stopped, and I'd forgotten until Evil Ellie said something about a secret.

• Like 1

I hate recipes which call for just a bit of tomato paste. The rest of the can just goes in the fridge for a month of purgatory before the mould grows and it goes in the garbage.

I hate that, too.  Once...I read a tip about how you can freeze the rest of the paste in ice cube blocks and then use them as you need them.  I always mean to do that...but the can ALWAYS ends up in the fridge where "I'll get to it later" and then before I know it...fluffy tomato paste.  

• Like 5

It has Harrison Ford. 

And if you watched figure skating in the late 80s early 90s, you will recognize the soundtrack. 

dh & I had a fight about this movie way back before we were married. I want to see it again (by myself) and see what I think about it now but then, I really hated it. 

I never saw it.  But if it has Harrison Ford, maybe it's worth it.  Is it better than Cowboys & Aliens?  I only saw parts of that one. 

• Like 1

Are you saying my jokes are so flat I'm sinking in the bog of wet muddy weeds?????

hmph.

:lol:

I was going to write these down, a la Mr Collins, so I could whip them out when conversation turns to penguins. As it does, so often.

Not flat, just esoteric. :D Edited by texasmama
  • Like 2

I never saw it.  But if it has Harrison Ford, maybe it's worth it.  Is it better than Cowboys & Aliens?  I only saw parts of that one. 

I think the topic is excellent. The execution I quibbled with. It's based on the scifi novel Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?

Hm. I can't remember enough of Cowboys & Aliens to compare. 

There's supposed to be a Blade Runner sequel out in a couple years. 

• Like 1

I made a schedule for the read alouds, but it is crowded.  Sigh.  So many books, so little time.  (not a complete sentence)  I don't know what I'm going to do about it.  It pains me.  If things go as planned, little dd will be unavailable on Mondays due to fine arts school so we will be shoving all of the main academics into three days. :mellow:  I like the books I kept (already did my weed out) so I don't want to ditch any more.  Sigh.  Okay, maybe The Iron Peacock....but I like it!  I won't commit yet.

Maybe move some to summer read alouds.

• Like 1

I am ketchupped again. I am checking in only after putting down my 2000 or so on the day. Finished one chapter and am currently sitting precariously at 4,008. Well ahead of my cabin mates, yo.  :coolgleamA:

Movie actor talk went way over my head. I know the names, I know some of the faces, but I just can't get all that over a movie actor. Now a character in a book, yeah. 

Buy your tomato paste in a tube. Awesome stuff. Keeps well. Every tube I've ever bought stayed great in the fridge and got totally used.

• Like 6

Changing gears from the SAT vocabulary, I made a lot of smoke in an oven. 

Someone (not saying it's dh...... but it's not aliens)  left a dirty casserole dish (I'm guessing lemon potatoes) and a cookie sheet with parchment (lots of brown crumbs. Probably roast cauliflower) in an oven. 

I have two ovens. I can't remember when we had that meal. We usually use the other oven so it might have been weeeeeeeks. 

I preheated one to make muffins & made lots of smoke. 

I don't know why I'm so domestic suddenly. Made a hot lunch, baked muffins, and now am making soup (hence the leftover tomato paste).  I should sit down until this illness passes. 

• Like 4

Buy your tomato paste in a tube. Awesome stuff. Keeps well. Every tube I've ever bought stayed great in the fridge and got totally used.

I saw it in a tube but it said use by 20 days once opened? It was all fancy and imported from Italy now I regret it. But really, does it last longer than that? 

• Like 1

I hate recipes which call for just a bit of tomato paste. The rest of the can just goes in the fridge for a month of purgatory before the mould grows and it goes in the garbage.

It freezes well.  Or you can use the stuff in the tube; it's more concentrated, too.

I heard a rumor that the next Star Wars movie is supposed to do some filming in my state. Apparently they needed a heavily wooded planet, complete with thick underbrush, buzzing insects and plenty of ticks, I guess. 

I don't know if that's true or not. The Star Wars part. I can vouch for the woods, underbrush, the buzzing insects and the ticks.

• Like 7

I think she is going to star in her very own "Teach Yourself To Hula" video series. Complete with historic and cultural lessons.

Will she have a male assistant who wears one of those interestingly revealing garments on the lower extremities?

Because I think that would be important. 

• Like 3

Major bummer...

I placed an order with Crazy 8 the other day...I think it was Friday night...maybe it was Saturday morning...they all kind of blend together to me.  

Anyways...there were some new things in there that I wanted to bring on our trip.  Well our stuff isn't scheduled to arrive until two days AFTER we leave.  :-(  

And...AF is definitely on her way.  GAH!  Seriously?  I mean...c'mon...we're three? weeks late!  She's an evil wench, that AF.  Let's hope she's done by the time we get to the waterpark next Monday.  

• Like 1

Will she have a male assistant who wears one of those interestingly revealing garments on the lower extremities?

Because I think that would be important. 

You mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4byaD9Jb2jg

Or this? (start at 4:00. I can't find the original)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9dof5o64H8&ebc=ANyPxKorcmPyZj2rRvIhPu-fMwQ8I3mOwJ7HdUO2SLnhODftaNjFA7yCnNE5bip98-ev9NPdqP-c0Hl4r00TXgRCpcAio2iLYQ

• Like 3

Freeze it in ice cube tray-sized portions?

I see others told you this already. Late to the party...

Edited by ikslo