• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Happy Saturday.

I've been sorting books to get them ready to sell.  I should probably eat lunch sometime soon.  Dh took a few of the girls to the store to do grocery shopping.  Which means I get to stay in my pj's.  And (if all goes well) we'll have coconut shrimp at dinner!  :hurray:

• Like 5

That said...my husband rolled over when I went up to bed, sniffled and said, "I don't feel well, my throat is sore."  

People...man flu is upon me.  I covet your prayers.  

Oh, sick peoples need the bunny slippers...

classic-white-bunny-slippers-bb-2-lg-01.

• Like 4

Ds wants to get an apartment with his two best university friends for next year. One friend already lives in the complex, which caters to university students - students lease their bedrooms individually. Even with rental insurance and paying through the summer months, it would be $800 cheaper than a room at the school. Each bedroom has a private bathroom, they come fully furnished, and internet, cable, and utilities are included in the rent. There is around-the-clock security. It is only about 1.5 miles from his primary classes on campus, he has a bike, and there is a free university shuttle that runs regularly to and from the apartment complex, though ds is considering working extra all summer to buy a car. Walmart is across the street.

What else do we need to be asking?

I should probably ask on the college board.

• Like 7

Ds wants to get an apartment with his two best university friends for next year. One friend already lives in the complex, which caters to university students - students lease their bedrooms individually. Even with rental insurance and paying through the summer months, it would be $800 cheaper than a room at the school. Each bedroom has a private bathroom, they come fully furnished, and internet, cable, and utilities are included in the rent. There is around-the-clock security. It is only about 1.5 miles from his primary classes on campus, he has a bike, and there is a free university shuttle that runs regularly to and from the apartment complex, though ds is considering working extra all summer to buy a car. Walmart is across the street.

What else do we need to be asking?

I should probably ask on the college board.

Sounds great. Will he feed himself decently without a meal plan? What about bed bugs? College girl rented a townhouse with bedbugs and it was unpleasant. Expensive to deal with unless the complex pays for it. Edited by texasmama
  • Like 1

Sounds great. Will he feed himself decently without a meal plan? What about bed bugs? College girl rented a townhouse with bedbugs and it was unpleasant. Expensive to deal with unless the complex pays for it.

We will probably still get him a meal plan on campus, at least for during the week. I suspect one of his friends will make sure he eats on the weekends - she is the mothering type. :D

I will definitely find out about handling a bed bug or similar situation. That could be a real mess.

• Like 3

We will probably still get him a meal plan on campus, at least for during the week. I suspect one of his friends will make sure he eats on the weekends - she is the mothering type. :D

I will definitely find out about handling a bed bug or similar situation. That could be a real mess.

Okay. Sounds good.

College girl's complex paid for the first treatment. But she refused to live there after that. I don't blame here, but it was mid year. You just need to know the policy of the complex.

• Like 1

Our smoke alarms never go off.  Hope that doesn't mean they aren't working.  :leaving:

(Actually, I think I remember the kitchen one going off when something was burnt in the recent past.)

Tomorrow is the perfect day to check the batteries and to make sure they are working. 

(Every 6 months, so time change is an easy remember.)

I'm currently watching Suffragette. It's really good. 

Women's rights have come a long, long way.

• Like 3

I slept for two hours more or less.  I got grumpy when dh (who is the one who practically pushed me toward a nap) woke me up by talking to the dog right next to me.  #whodoesthat?   And I got up and grumpily shut ds's door because he was loudly coughing in his room.  #hecancough,justdon'twakemeup.  But other than that, I slept heavy.  The down side is that I can now feel just how exhausted I am. 

• Like 3

I haven't ketchupped yet. Note to self: begin on page 806.

I was looking at getting dd16 this planner: http://www.amazon.com/Work-Smart-Academic-Planner-Write-Down/dp/1462519563/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457821768&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Work-Smart+Academic+Planner. There's even an Executive Skills questionnaire, goal-setting, and stuff. Anyone ever heard of it?

• Like 1

I haven't ketchupped yet. Note to self: begin on page 806.

I was looking at getting dd16 this planner: http://www.amazon.com/Work-Smart-Academic-Planner-Write-Down/dp/1462519563/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1457821768&sr=8-1&keywords=The+Work-Smart+Academic+Planner. There's even an Executive Skills questionnaire, goal-setting, and stuff. Anyone ever heard of it?

I hadn't seen that before but it looks promising. 

• Like 2

I think I'm done lenting. I've pretty much failed in every area. Yay me. Matt's dying of a man cold. I've decided to get a refurbished iPad for school. Most of our actual curriculum is PDF and it just sucks on my phone. So much. We might go see Zootopia on Tuesday because it's like half price and they're old enough now to really enjoy the movies. I've finally discovered the Great Courses and I've been drooling like a school girl at Backstreet Boys concert.

Yay Jo! Congrats to both of you! Matt and I are proud, John and Mary don't care and Alex has yet to share an opinion.

• Like 11

Holy.Cow.

Jo went into the Countdown Round in 5th. In head to head competition she bumped the girl ahead of her and took over 4th. We are all utterly gobsmacked. The state finals were amazing. Nationals? Oh.My.Word. It makes her one of the 224 top middle school mathletes in the nation (and its territories.) Wow.

All members of the team will get an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C. May 7-10. I have not yet tried to figure out what the plan is. DH and I are definitely going to tag along. I don't care what the cost is going to be; I'll figure something out.

How many extra days do you think I should try for in DC? Because if we're going I want to do it right.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

If money was no object I would go for 2 weeks. I used to live there. It's so awesome.
  • Like 3

Holy.Cow.

Jo went into the Countdown Round in 5th. In head to head competition she bumped the girl ahead of her and took over 4th. We are all utterly gobsmacked. The state finals were amazing. Nationals? Oh.My.Word. It makes her one of the 224 top middle school mathletes in the nation (and its territories.) Wow.

All members of the team will get an all-expense paid trip to Washington D.C. May 7-10. I have not yet tried to figure out what the plan is. DH and I are definitely going to tag along. I don't care what the cost is going to be; I'll figure something out.

How many extra days do you think I should try for in DC? Because if we're going I want to do it right.

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :w00t:

That is so totally awesome!
  • Like 2

It's so hot today I had to change to shorts.

Dh is making scones for our movie night with 7 friends coming. We host a movie every six weeks. We watch the movie and discuss right afterwards.

The boys have their own movie they watch in their bedroom. Dh is an introvert and loves to lead this relaxed yet structured social event.

• Like 7