Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning, Happy Monday.   

I need to call the realtor and ask about the bigger space.  She said I would have an answer in two weeks, which was last Friday.    Except I'm not sure I want to appear too eager.  Except I am eager.  

Other than that, it's the usual.  Drive ds to school, teach my classes, pick ds up from school.  

On Jean's advice, we've been drinking bone broth every day.  We ran out due to shipping delays and, damn that stuff really works.  Every old injury and arthritic joint was hurting in a way it hasn't in ages.   We have it back now thankfully.  

ETA:  A just another Monday booya

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Ds had me cut his hair yesterday.   He has gorgeous hair - a ton of thick, wavy/curly, soft hair.  It was down to around his waist and we cut it to just above shoulder length.  He was finding it annoying.  I could have told him when he hit the point it was hard to sleep without pulling on it and would knot majorly.   His hair is just like mine was about 20 years ago.  I still have a ton of thick wavy hair but it's not nearly as thick as it used to be.   I told him that and he asked what I did to thin it out.  I told him I got old.  😁  He didnt appreciate that answer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good mornin!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Is she still in Hula Land?

Today would have been Dh's 55th birthday.  We had birthday breakfast of blueberry pancakes and corned beef hash (which I hate but dh loved, lol).  Dh always made a special breakfast for everyone's birthday and other holidays.  Sigh.  I didn't make it through breakfast without crying and Ds27 decided to work from home today.  It's a bit of a heavy day for us and I am trying to muster up courage to respond to texts from people who are sending thoughts and prayers.

Nevertheless, the kids have choir and scouts tonight.  I am doing laundry and planning to make a birthday cheesecake in a bit. How long does it take for eggs and cream cheese to get to room temperature?

Coffee!

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

What's good at Panara?     

I have a lunch meeting at the tutorial and they sent me a link to order.  I thought there would be a small selection of items to choose from but apparently I have to pick something from the whole menu.  I've only eaten there once and that was a cinnamon roll, lol.  I'm so overwhelmed. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

What's good at Panera?     

I have a lunch meeting at the tutorial and they sent me a link to order.  I thought there would be a small selection of items to choose from but apparently I have to pick something from the whole menu.  I've only eaten there once and that was a cinnamon roll, lol.  I'm so overwhelmed. 

Broccoli cheese soup in a bread bowl.

*hugs*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Still can't find our FLL book. 

Am I crazy for considering trying to work? My old office will let me work from home. I told them a max of 20 hrs/wk but now I couldn't swing it with all the activities this semester. Trying to decide if I could do 15 hrs. I keep telling myself that it's possible with better scheduling. I don't really want to work. But I haven't worked in 8 yrs and this would bring me up to date and give me relevance if I need to work. It would help as we have rather depleted our savings with house projects, and now everything is so ridiculous.  I have a meeting on Thursday and I'm starting to stress about it. I'm just afraid I'll run myself into the ground and also that I'll have no time for anything fun with the kids.

• Like 4

We went to a birthday party. It was at a party place with arcade games and a bounce house and a toddler section. I stopped a 12 year old girl from putting a 9 week old baby on a merry-go-round, then from dropping her down the big kid slide, then something else, so I took the baby. In exchange some random woman I hadn't met took care of Isaac. She's from our church so she knew him, but works sound so we never talk. Real servants heart type of family. The big kids had a blast with the arcade the entire time. I taught a bunch of youngins how to play air hockey, pool, and whatever that soccer game is with the little people. 

Now I'm going to take an Epsom salt bath and listen to the Guardian's soundtrack.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 10/17/2022 at 10:20 AM, Susan in TN said:

Good mornin!  It's The Queen's favorite day!

Is she still in Hula Land?

Today would have been Dh's 55th birthday.  We had birthday breakfast of blueberry pancakes and corned beef hash (which I hate but dh loved, lol).  Dh always made a special breakfast for everyone's birthday and other holidays.  Sigh.  I didn't make it through breakfast without crying and Ds27 decided to work from home today.  It's a bit of a heavy day for us and I am trying to muster up courage to respond to texts from people who are sending thoughts and prayers.

Nevertheless, the kids have choir and scouts tonight.  I am doing laundry and planning to make a birthday cheesecake in a bit. How long does it take for eggs and cream cheese to get to room temperature?

Coffee!

(((Susan)))

Eggs and cream cheese usually warm to room temp here in a couple hours, but that's also relative to the time of year/ temp in the house. If you want them room temp faster, defrost the cream cheese in the microwave and set the eggs in a bowl of warm (not hot) water.

I want your cheesecake recipe! I've never made one, but I do have a springform pan and a houseful who all love cheesecake!

Edited by Servant4Christ
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Slache said:

We went to a birthday party. It was at a party place with arcade games and a bounce house and a toddler section. I stopped a 12 year old girl from putting a 9 week old baby on a merry-go-round, then from dropping her down the big kid slide, then something else, so I took the baby. In exchange some random woman I hadn't met took care of Isaac. She's from our church so she knew him, but works sound so we never talk. Real servants heart type of family. The big kids had a blast with the arcade the entire time. I taught a bunch of youngins how to play air hockey, pool, and whatever that soccer game is with the little people. 

Now I'm going to take an Epsom salt bath and listen to the Guardian's soundtrack.

9 WEEKS old????  Where was mom, or dad?  Yikes.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Tuesday.  

Blah blah, same old same old.  

I'm waiting to hear from realtor about bigger space.   She originally told me we'd know by last Friday, I sent her a message yesterday and she replied with "I'll have update for your shortly" which could mean this week, this month, this year......

I have inside information and know we are getting new owners if everything with due diligence checks out okay so I'm surprised she didn't at least give me that update.   

I kind of hate when people don't give updates until they can give every single detail of the information.   I worked as an executive assistant for many many many years, and in generally it was considered good business practice to keep people up-to-date as much as possible, and definitely be sure to give them something when promised.  Even if it was just "we are waiting on information from xyz and will update you when we receive it".  

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I want your cheesecake recipe! I've never made one, but I do have a springform pan and a houseful who all love cheesecake!

I got the recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction and also used her raspberry sauce recipe.  It turned out really good.  It's not the super dense New York Cheesecake, but still very rich.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/classic-cheesecake/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

I agree with Toto.

I have a yearly dr. checkup in a couple hours and parenting group tonight but otherwise a regular day of school lessons.  It's very very cold this morning so I dragged out my bin of winter clothes.  I should probably start a donation bag as I sort through stuff.

Coffee!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I got the recipe from Sally's Baking Addiction and also used her raspberry sauce recipe.  It turned out really good.  It's not the super dense New York Cheesecake, but still very rich.

https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/classic-cheesecake/

Thank you! Yay because I actually prefer the less dense, a little more fluffy but still rich kind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

9 WEEKS old????  Where was mom, or dad?  Yikes.  

We always go to little churches and it's our church culture that everyone takes care of all the kids. I love it in theory, but in reality it often leads to hurt. I get irritable about it.

• Like 4

I am grumpy because ds just had a meeting with the scout guy and he is asking ds to forward all scout related emails from the past 6 months as evidence that he has been working on his eagle rank.  This is not one of the 3 requirements for extension despite the fact that they keep saying it is a requirement.  Dingbats.  Every one of them.  I seriously don't think they can read.  

• Sad 5

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

I am grumpy because ds just had a meeting with the scout guy and he is asking ds to forward all scout related emails from the past 6 months as evidence that he has been working on his eagle rank.  This is not one of the 3 requirements for extension despite the fact that they keep saying it is a requirement.  Dingbats.  Every one of them.  I seriously don't think they can read.  

I don't know about you, but most people clean out their email within that timeframe. I would find the relevant source of up-to-date requirements and email THAT. What they want vs what is actually required should probably be put in front of them to better help others that are being made to do the same. That's just me, though.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

I don't know about you, but most people clean out their email within that timeframe. I would find the relevant source of up-to-date requirements and email THAT. What they want vs what is actually required should probably be put in front of them to better help others that are being made to do the same. That's just me, though.

Um. . .   I haven't cleaned out my email in years. . .   (slinks away). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Servant4Christ said:

I should've said SOME! I either read or discard my emails daily. My trash and spam folders purge themselves automatically every 30 days. I go through my inbox and discard previously read emails usually once or twice a year. 

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

How was it?  Did you have a good time?

Yes, we (my friend Makalea and I) had a great time. 🙂 We learned so much at the conference, and we had many conversations, lots of talk story, with her friend who was hosting us. Also, I have to up my game as a hostess because her friend was amazing. We didn't actually get to do much sight-seeing, but we went to a hula supply store and bought lots of adornments, and to a Hawaiian fabric store we've been buying from for years but hadn't met the owner IRL before, so that almost counts as sight-seeing, lol. We didn't have high expectations for going to All the Places, so we were not disappointed. 🙂 We're planning for next year. 🙂

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1