Menu

Ignore this thread!

15 minutes ago, Slache said:

Several people think we are having marital problems because I didn't go to the funeral.

Um.  Maybe they've forgotten that you have four kids and someone needs to take care of them?

ETA: Booyah.  What could go wrong if you left the kids to themselves for a few days.  

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

Apparently nephew threw a car in the casket and no one got it. Now Pawpaw has a car forever. Or at least until the cremation.

3 minutes ago, Junie said:

Um.  Maybe they've forgotten that you have four kids and someone needs to take care of them?

ETA: Booyah.  What could go wrong if you left the kids to themselves for a few days.  

With John, probably nothing. I really, really didn't want to go.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, Slache said:

Several people think we are having marital problems because I didn't go to the funeral.

17 minutes ago, Junie said:

Having young children gives you an excuse to get out of absolutely anything and everything you don’t want to do. I’m finding out that an early bedtime or the sniffles doesn’t work when people know you have teenagers.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

Spam Sandwiches

1 can spam (or Aldi equivalent)       
8 hamburger buns   
butter   
1/2 C mayo    
2T finely minced onion   
1T poppy seeds    
2 tsp mustard   
8 oz swiss cheese, shredded    

Heat oven to 350*.  Separate buns and butter each half.  Arrange onto a baking dish, buttered-side up.  Mix together spam, mayo, onion, poppy seeds, and mustard.  Divide and spread among bun halves.  Top with swiss cheese.  Bake for 7-10 minutes, then turn oven to broil and bake 2-3 minutes more or until cheese is melted and starts to brown in spots.  Monitor closely to avoid over-browning.  Makes 16 open-faced sandwiches.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Slache said:

@73349 Your exercise streak is amazing!

What's your bribe?

It's been a series of bribes. At first, it was something every 3-4 days, then every week, and now it's every 30 days. Yesterday was 180 days, and since it's time to replace a kitchen towel, I'm going to order a handmade one from Etsy instead of getting one from Target/Walmart/Amazon.

I'm thinking if I make it a year, I might buy myself a bike.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

8 minutes ago, 73349 said:

It's been a series of bribes. At first, it was something every 3-4 days, then every week, and now it's every 30 days. Yesterday was 180 days, and since it's time to replace a kitchen towel, I'm going to order a handmade one from Etsy instead of getting one from Target/Walmart/Amazon.

What exercise streak?  What are you doing?  

• Like 2

Just now, Jean in Newcastle said:

What exercise streak?  What are you doing?  

I have done *some* kind of exercise--anything from three minutes with 5-lb. weights to an hour walking on a park trail--every day since April 11.

If I fail to keep up the streak, I have to change my signature on here and also my phone background.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, 73349 said:

We (adults) aren't getting allowance right now, but when we get back to it I wanted us to have to earn it through fitness. I thought $1 per half hour.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Slache said:

We (adults) aren't getting allowance right now, but when we get back to it I wanted us to have to earn it through fitness. I thought $1 per half hour.

Makes sense. I did the math, and even if I spend a dollar a day rewarding myself for exercise for the next 30 years, it's cheaper than one night in the emergency room with a stroke or something.

Some rewards I already earned include a new pair of everyday shoes (kind of needed because of wear, but I didn't need ones that are this nice), 3 different new books, a new blank bullet journal (again, I needed one, but this was an upgrade), washi tape, and a sheet of stickers.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, 73349 said:

Makes sense. I did the math, and even if I spend a dollar a day rewarding myself for exercise for the next 30 years, it's cheaper than one night in the emergency room with a stroke or something.

Some rewards I already earned include a new pair of everyday shoes (kind of needed because of wear, but I didn't need ones that are this nice), 3 different new books, a new blank bullet journal (again, I needed one, but this was an upgrade), washi tape, and a sheet of stickers.

Those are like, really good rewards...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I do virtual 5K's or step challenges for the tshirts.   I have to get back to it, as well as get back to my yoga/Tai chi.   Since classes started I haven't worked out with dd in the mornings because of all the driving ds to school and work makes the timing rough.  And I'm having a hard time getting up earlier and doing even MORE driving around.   Since I drive him to school, I'm not able to go into work early so I don't have the quiet space to do yoga/tai chi.  I was hoping to do it at home but so far haven't managed to get that to work.    

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I can't watch the game, but I'm rooting for the Ravens.

Baltimore is the city closest to where I grew up.  Plus, the English teacher in me likes to root for the team named after a work of literature. :)

Edited by Junie
because wear and where are not the same word
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, 73349 said:

This is a really good idea. Bribes usually don’t work on my because I am likely to get it anyway, but the idea of an upgrade. Now, that I can see working.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Busy but good weekend. Great church services again this morning. I cannot believe how comfortable we all feel. A family invited us for lunch. We couldn't go, but really a nice family and we appreciated the gesture. So much friendlier people than the church we visited the past summer. 

I have sticky buns rising overnight to celebrate Columbus day tomorrow. We generally try to do some kind of exploring, but the weather is miserable and I'm a fairweather explorer...  maybe we could do art.

I need to bribe someone else to give me time to exercise. I can't fit it in. Dd has an early class and I can't get up before that to exercise. I used to get up at that time before baby dd, but haven't been able to do it again yet. I still get up most nights to find her lost pacifier. She's almost 2. I'm very slow in the mornings nowadays. 

• Like 5

IT'S MONDAY!!!!

No hula for me tomorrow, as I'll be finishing up all my packing so I can leave the house at o'dark hundred to go to the airport so I can GO TO HAWAI'I Wednesday morning. Also, when I come home FROM HAWAI'I, I'll do one class, and then we'll be on hiatus until January. I have only one student, and truly, you need more than one student to make a good class. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  It's The Queen's favorite day!  And also Columbus Day!

I slept in until 7:30 though it was really occasional dozing and then took Pup to the vet to check out his left ear and his scrotum which has clipper burn.  So now we have cream and more ear cleaning medicine.  

Dd24, her boyfriend, ds27, and I went to the Immersive Van Gogh exhibit yesterday afternoon.  It was pretty neat.  The "program" itself only lasts about 25 minutes, but it's on a continuous loop so we watched it twice and then on our way out the lady said we could go up to the balcony and watch it from there even though we didn't have the super duper upgrade tickets.  (It was not terribly busy.)  So we did that.

Coffee!

• Like 4