Menu

Ignore this thread!

Chester is massively stressed out.  Normally he is not allowed on the sofa or beds and if he sneaks onto the sofa, he will slink off as soon as he sees me.  But today he is brazenly lounging on the sofa AND on my bed right in front of me.  And when he is shoved off he jumps right back on.  Poor puppy.  It's been a hard day what with getting ear fur plucked and getting more medicine and having to wear a t-shirt diaper and the rug disappearing from the living room (dd24 took it with her).  

Tomorrow is another day.

• Like 4

Just now, Susan in TN said:

Chester is massively stressed out.  Normally he is not allowed on the sofa or beds and if he sneaks onto the sofa, he will slink off as soon as he sees me.  But today he is brazenly lounging on the sofa AND on my bed right in front of me.  And when he is shoved off he jumps right back on.  Poor puppy.  It's been a hard day what with getting ear fur plucked and getting more medicine and having to wear a t-shirt diaper and the rug disappearing from the living room (dd24 took it with her).  

Tomorrow is another day.

He wants cuddles!  

• Like 3

Marvelpo.

There's a meme online about how ridiculous it is that the shawarma restaurant stayed open during the invasion, and I'm like, I guess y'all haven't been to New York because no, they would not have closed restaurants for an alien invasion, they would have have just named a new dish after the aliens and offered a discount if you made it in before the fight was over.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Plus, they didn't have shawarma DURING the fight, it was right after.   So the grill may have been shut down for an hour or so, that's all.  And even if it closed for an hour or so during the invasion, it would have reopened up immediately after.   

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

We ended up letting ds drop his precalc class.  He really bombed his test, which we knew, but he was also really discouraged and finding it all overwhelming, and I don't think he would have been in the mental space to recover from it.    He will still have to take it, but he can finish up his high school precalc program that he never completed, take it when he's not also working for the first time, and go with a different professor.  He hasn't liked the professor from the beginning, which didn't help anything.   From what he said, she wasn't very helpful.  

We opened up registration for our second session of classes at work.  Usually I would have waited another week but we have a lot of new students and a lot of people were asking about it.  I figured it would be easier to just put the information out there for everyone.   The deadline isn't for another 3 weeks but a lot of people seem ready/eager to register right away.   Which is great, evidently they are happy with their classes.  

• Like 5

Good morning!

Puppy is still sulking and has not gotten up to say good morning to anyone.  He did eat some of his dinner, at least.  I told dd19 that I would take her to the gas station this morning and teach her how to put air in the tires.  I need to do something about laundry.  

Coffee!

• Like 3

We went to the gas station but someone was just getting started on their tires so we came back home.  We'll have to try later.  So after that I took out the trash bins, broke down some boxes, cleaned some of the garage, collected the guest linens, and watered the flowers out front.  I haven't done the guest bed yet because I need at least 2 people to deal with the mattresses.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I can't find our FLL 1 book. I took it to the dentist or something in town and can't find it now. I guess I'll look in the car one more time. It's been lost for a month and I don't want to buy a new one. I need it to show proof of work to our charter school. Super frustrating. And I would just go into book 2 since we were almost done with book 1, but I can't find book 2 in our homeschool cabinet. Maybe I never ordered it. Ugh. I'll look in my emails.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I think I should follow Jean's method to deal with the Garage of Doom - 15 minutes each day.  

I had to run to the grocery store because after I made cilantro lime sauce for the fish tacos, I realized that I didn't have any fish for the fish tacos.  So now we have some pollock.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I am here. Long day. Lots of driving and meetings with families, but all good. I have a Dreadful headache, but I finished book #36 for this year’s reading challenge. It may be a record breaking year.  My record was 38 books in ….. 2020, I believe.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3

I did 152 books for a 2016 reading challenge (plus a few one hour romance reads that I didn't bother to record).    I always read a ton, I pretty much always have a book I"m reading.  The challenge was in reading books that fit the categories.   

I haven't done one since 2017 or 2018, just haven't had the time since I started the science center.  I mainly read light, simple fiction that's easy to put down and pick up again these days.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 10/2/2022 at 6:06 AM, Servant4Christ said:

I dont know. It puffs up good, but it's definitely denser than a regular cake or bread.

I freeze any bananas that are over ripe and use them for banana bread. (Usually takes 4 bananas per loaf.) Just let them thaw, cut the end, and squeeze them into a glass measuring cup. Add the other wet ingredients, stir and pour into the dry ingredients bowl.

I mix everything with a fork, pour it into a buttered and floured loaf pan or bundt pan and bake at 350 for an hour-ish. 

I can PM you the recipe I use if you want.

Nearly forgot - I definitely need your recipe!  Also, your frozen banana technique...so awesome!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!

Things have gotten underway...school, work, etc.  I voluntold a couple of the kids to help me with the guest bed right after breakfast so that major job is nearly done.  Ds17 is supposed to meet with a lady from the county at 1:00 today but is still trying to find out where the meeting will be.  A family from church is coming over later in the afternoon to play games.  No youth group tonight but there is Advent choir.  Not sure if the kids will do that.

I need to Pantz before doing my 15 minutes in the Garage of Doom.

Coffee!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I had super duper insomnia last night and only got a couple of hours sleep. I see a nap in my future. 

Yep, same.  I finally fell asleep sometime after 4 and I woke up around 8:30.

Naptime is now.

Hope that you're able to get a nap today, too. :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!! It is still morning, technically, where I am, so I can say that.  But I am eating an early lunch because I have office hours at noon. 

I spent the morning writing an awesome lecture (and creating slides) beginning our Child Development unit. Child Development is pretty fascinating. But, I got nothing else done and I have piles of stuff that needs to get done today. Will Nilly.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Awesome lecture was given. And I thought of a great assignment.... we were talking about stages of development for infant and toddlers. I found an adorable video of a 2 year old being interviewed by her parents, so I'm having the kids watch the video and take note of the things she does that are where she should be developmentally.

• Like 4

The kids were playing gagaball and I was walking in the park with the mom and Chester when the tornado siren went off.  At first I thought it was a test but then looked at the sky so we made a beeline for the house.  It was stormy and then just rain and we played cards in the basement.

Vespers and choir and everything was cancelled for tonight, so we have had a quiet evening.

When I don't sleep well it's usually because I wake up around 4am.  I've heard that that means it's an issue with my adrenal glands.  

• Like 3

Morning.  I woke up at 6:30am because this is my early day and I had to drive ds to school, and his one class today (since he dropped math) was cancelled.   So no trip out to school and I have a couple extra hours before I go in.  Which is preferable to having to make the drive but more notice so I could have slept later would have been nice.  

• Like 4

So a little birdie told me the building I rent space in IS being sold.  That the deal is pretty much done.  

But on Tuesday, the current landlord asked me when we would want the new bigger space if we were able to come to terms.  

Which makes no sense because why would he care when we'd move spaces if he will no longer own the building?   And if it was a question from the new people, I'd expect it to come from the realtor.  

I'm supposed to hear officially by the end of the week about the sale and what that could mean for our move.  I guess I should just be patient and not speculate. 

• Like 3