Menu

Ignore this thread!

Morning, Happy Friday.

I haven't posted for a few days, I'm not even sure how many.  It's been a tiring week.  Nothing particularly unusual happened, but it started off rainy and gloomy which always makes me tired.   

Ds basically failed a precalc test because he thought it would be open book so we've been talking him down and we'll be helping him study for the next one.   He cut his hours at work to not work weekdays after school which will help things be less crazy.  

Other than that, I'm halfway through the first session of the year and things are going pretty well.  Had one student drop a class that was too chaotic for them.  It was primarily middle school boys.  I always emphasize safety and will not let a student do a lab if I think they can't do it safely, but the class was never going to be quiet.   Plus, typical tween/teen goofy behavior, didn't work for this student.   After 6 years, I'm well aware that I'm not a good fit for everyone.  

ETA:  A Friday update booya

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 5

Good morning!

I had a plan for this morning but an outlet converter fell on my toes last night and I'm having trouble with the walking part of doing stuff.  I have a bag of frozen green beans on my toes now.  I'm supposed to vacuum, dust, go to Aldi, and have a meeting.  And I'll need a nap due to lack of sleep.  We're out of milk and cheese.  Dd24 is coming home today for the weekend.  Willy. Nilly.

Coffee!

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I hate looking up recipes and having to hear the person's life story before getting to the recipe.  It's particularly bad with videos.   It's why I hate video instructions for anything. 

I always hit the  “jump to recipe “ button. I very rarely do a recipe with a video but will if it’s a dessert which is more of an art project than a baking project. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

This is how I cook. But I don’t read reviews of recipes. 

13 hours ago, Ellie said:

I might do it sometimes, but for crying out loud, why do a review of a recipe if you didn't actually, you know, follow the recipe??

I have no problem with people cooking that way. Tweak the recipe any way you want. But don’t review the recipe unless you made the recipe as written. 

• Like 3

I'm OK with reviews even if you change the recipe, because I like to see how people tweak things.  That's how I cook and sometimes seeing how things were changed helps me understand the recipe better.  But I don't want to see BAD ratings if you made changes without first trying the original.

Eldest girl is here.  Younger girls are in town at their meeting.  Middle girl is camping.  I have frozen green beans on my toes again.

I have no desire to go to a theme park, though I'd go if it was free.

Farmhouse Chili is for dinner.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Slache said:

The first is amazing. The second is very good.

#ControversialOpinion  The first has a plot hole you could drive a zamboni through, and character development is weak. That's what happens when a film is written for a song, adds visual sparkle, and doesn't bother with story development because the target audience is girls under 7. ❄️ I'm sure Disney's made a fortune with it, but their writers have to have a little shame in their hearts.

Delight today: DS and I went somewhere slightly different as we went for a walk, and we discovered a Little Free Library we hadn't known was there. I went back and put a book in tonight.

Tomorrow, I gotta Do All the Things. I'm volunteering Sunday afternoon, and we resume school on Monday.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Slache said:

The first is amazing. The second is very good.

I liked the first one all right. But, I agree with CW, the music was what made it. When we were at Disney World we were there for the fireworks show and it’s pretty awesome standing there with like 10,0000 people watching fireworks and the castle change while belting out “Let it Go,”. I almost started crying.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

There was a dead wild rabbit on the deck. I am not sure how it got there.

Maybe dropped by a bird of prey. Or was injured elsewhere, escaped, but then expired.

I slept well for the first time in like a week! Will start a-thinging (but not singing, because I'm not mean to my family like that) soon.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Saturday!!

I slept really late this morning! Felt good to wake up when the sun is already up.

Busy day today. Baby turned 12 on Thursday, which means she can get her ears pierced. So, we invited 2 friends and her sisters are coming , too, and we are all going up to the Big City, doing the deed, lunching at Panera and then swinging by the Lobby of Hobbies. The quintessential Chick Trip.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I’m worried that the dead wild rabbit might have had rabbit hemorrhagic fever and Juliet just found it and brought it up on the deck. 

Dogs can’t catch hemorrhagic fever but they can spread it. The vet told me that the rabbits could get it just from hopping around the floor if we track it in. I had bagged the corpse. But today I think that I should disinfect the deck. That wasn’t on my to-do list!

• Sad 6

He just called. John answered because he's playing Call of Duty on my phone.

John: "This is John. I'm playing my game. Do you need Mama?"

Matt: "Wait, you're using your game time?"

Me: "You're at your father's funeral and your biggest concern is playing Call of Duty when you get home?"

Matt: "Yes."

:laugh:

I said it doesn't count and he said to call me after the game. Dorks. All of them dorks.

In case you didn't know it says "Japanese writing in red" in red and "Japanese writing in white" in white in Japanese all over one of the Call of Duty lands.

• Like 5

Good Afternoon!

Happy Saturday!

I didn't wake up well, but I killed a headache already today.  And I sorted through a ton (not literally, but probably a hundred pounds) of little girl clothes that dd12 has outgrown.  This project has been waiting (and growing) for several years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I just got off the phone with him. His brother in law knows about MIL. He knows she's manipulative, and lies and is dangerous. He told stories that completely backed me up. I cannot stop crying. I've been crying for like half an hour. I feel so validated. I've been lied to and gaslit for 12 years and only had one other person tell me about it but she wouldn't tell Matt because she was afraid. Can you imagine being afraid to talk about someone like that? I feel so validated. I. am. not. crazy. BIL is in exactly my spot, with the entire family against him. I feel so sad.

The other kids that have gone no contact did not go to the funeral, but he did see his sister and one of the boys. And like 50 relatives he hasn't seen in 15 years. He had a good time. The brother that raised FIL was a crying mess the entire time.  I think FIL's dad died when he was 2, so he was close with his brother.

• Like 5