Menu

Ignore this thread!

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Jean, you have inspired me to learn how to prune the overgrown "evergreen of some sort" (juniper?) that is at the corner of our house.  It's awful.  Hopefully I can work at it a little at a time.

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The Juniper of Doom!

Junipers are awful to prune. Too poky. You need to set it on fire, instead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

EdPo:

Little Man’s TGTB Math K came today! Of course he was more interested in the packing “popper” stuff until I opened that magic wooden box. Then he ran for a pencil and insisted we do a lesson right now! So we did. It’s going to be a lot of review but plenty of new, as well. I’m excited about it.

The Kinder Prep arrives tomorrow. Yeah, his math skills are off from his language arts, but who cares? He is also working slowly on OPGTR. It’s my insurance he gets the phonics in while TGTB is for review and fine motor skills work. That’s ok, right? Double cover the bases.

I haven’t found a handwriting I like. HWT is too schooly, TGTB uses the awful ZB font. McRuffy is $$$! If I can find a template for HWT paper, I will create my own again. Anyone know a place?

Servie- it’s sweet how DH’s try, isn’t it? How bad is the damage?

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Green Bean said:

EdPo:

Little Man’s TGTB Math K came today! Of course he was more interested in the packing “popper” stuff until I opened that magic wooden box. Then he ran for a pencil and insisted we do a lesson right now! So we did. It’s going to be a lot of review but plenty of new, as well. I’m excited about it.

The Kinder Prep arrives tomorrow. Yeah, his math skills are off from his language arts, but who cares? He is also working slowly on OPGTR. It’s my insurance he gets the phonics in while TGTB is for review and fine motor skills work. That’s ok, right? Double cover the bases.

I haven’t found a handwriting I like. HWT is too schooly, TGTB uses the awful ZB font. McRuffy is $$$! If I can find a template for HWT paper, I will create my own again. Anyone know a place?

Not sure. I'm hesitant to look. I'm hoping it's just the 1 book I saw that has 4 or 5 pages colored.

• Like 2

We had pizza for dinner. It was good. Local place in the town D’s chiropractor is in. Now Ima out my jammies on and snuggle down with a book. I started a good one. “Hillbilly Elegy” by JD Vance. I finished “Empire Falls.” It was good, but I’m glad I am done with it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Green Bean said:

EdPo:

I think you can get HWT paper off DonnaYoung.org. I know Rainbow Resource has some to purchase.

• Like 2

Good morning!

The Two Youngest and I are off to help do maintenance at the Scout Reservation to help get ready for summer scout camps.  They have been excited to do this for months.  Super exciting things like cleaning bathrooms and repairing tent pads and clearing debris from the lake.  Oh joy, lol.  They love camp, though, so I'm glad for that.

Dd23 is doing a half marathon this morning and then she's going to spend the night here with us before heading back home.

Coffee!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Morning, Happy Saturday.

Oldest dd and my mother came over for dinner last night for dd's birthday.  She's turning 28 today! 😳  I don't understand how that happened.  I'm still 35.   She's going out with friends to their favorite Irish pub tonight.   She invited me to come by since it's in the next town over (I could walk home, it's less than 2 miles) but a crowded bar on a Saturday is not something I do anymore.  I did offer to pick them up if they need a ride home.  

We are committed to getting back to our morning workouts starting Tuesday.  Even if it does mean going at 6:30am.   We are also going to start Movie Mondays and go out to a movie each week.  

Today I'm having fun doing laundry with my messed up washing machine.  

Tomorrow I'll work at the science center.  I went to our habitat restore this morning to look for a locking file cabinet.  I found one that had keys and wasn't broken.  I need it for my confidential files at the science center.  

I'm going to have younger dd start to read "On This Day In History Sh!t Went Down" over the summer and start US history in September.  

• Like 3

We are back from the Scout Camp Cleanup.  We painted gates yellow, replaced batteries in and/or installed smoke detectors in cabins, loaded and unloaded many boxes of ammo, helped clean the swimming pool, and cleared brush.  I have yellow paint on my pants - glad I wore the ripped Philmont pants.  I made some of Slachey's Famous Seafood Salad while waiting for the shower.  I think I'll sleep well tonight.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

This morning started out with the mariachi bands (Gymnast's beginning band and the older advance band) playing a gig at a Girl Scouts art festival an hour away. Everyone was so nervous! But they did a good job. Two other little girls started playing trumpet a month ago so haven't had a chance to practice, so Gymnast is the trumpet section. No pressure...

Dancer, boyfriend, and Baby Dancer showed up, then we left together and ate at a restaurant nearby.

There are fires all over NM and the winds just won't stop! There was a dust storm warning yesterday because with all the winds, dust made visibility very low.  There are digital signs along the highway telling high profile vehicles to reduce speed due to the winds. Two fires a little north of us have merged and is around 43,000 acres right now. I don't know the status of the others. Sometimes I don't know if I'm looking at fire smoke or dust.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I'm cross posting here. Maybe you all can give me some ideas? It's been 6 years since I had a toddler, and I have a wild child that hasn't grown up in church. Crayons don't hold her interest at home, so I doubt it would be a 2 min distraction at church. I really liked this church and want to be consistent again.

She's nearly 18m old. I can't put her in a nursery. We are visiting this church for the 2nd time. Last week, she went through all the snacks I had and I still had to exit the service before it finished. I would like to resist snacks. An usher was watching me give them to her. Books and her pacifier didn't keep her quiet long. What else can I do? She gets excited and screams. Or wants something so screams. Not a quiet baby.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I'm cross posting here. Maybe you all can give me some ideas? It's been 6 years since I had a toddler, and I have a wild child that hasn't grown up in church. Crayons don't hold her interest at home, so I doubt it would be a 2 min distraction at church. I really liked this church and want to be consistent again.

She's nearly 18m old. I can't put her in a nursery. We are visiting this church for the 2nd time. Last week, she went through all the snacks I had and I still had to exit the service before it finished. I would like to resist snacks. An usher was watching me give them to her. Books and her pacifier didn't keep her quiet long. What else can I do? She gets excited and screams. Or wants something so screams. Not a quiet baby.

Exhaust her before the service.

28 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Okay that's better.  I was thinking a dozen.  Yikes.

It's tripled in price!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Slache said:

Exhaust her before the service.

It's tripled in price!

For a morning service? She can take or leave the morning nap. I think she's inexhaustible. And she's so excited to be somewhere new.

We buy 60 eggs at costco. They haven't gone up that much, yet. I'd like to have 2-3 chickens.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Spirea said:

For a morning service? She can take or leave the morning nap. I think she's inexhaustible. And she's so excited to be somewhere new.

We buy 60 eggs at costco. They haven't gone up that much, yet. I'd like to have 2-3 chickens.

Then the chickens could babysit! Good plan.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I had a friend who had 3 chickens and said 3 eggs/day was the perfect amount, though I have more kids. 

I have 3 kids eating 2 a day in the morning, I tend to snack on 2 throughout the day, on weekends my husband makes a big batch of about 10 with veggies and stuff in them. We bake, too. That's 9.42 chickens. I don't want 9.42 chickens.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Junie said:

Agreed.  I'm watching baseball highlights on youtube.

DS and I enjoy watching clips of the ups throwing players and coaches out of the game. It’s hilarious the tantrums these men throw.  One guy pried up first base, threw it on the ground and kicked it.😂

• Like 2

Good morning!

We made it to church this morning, though had to go in the parking garage due to the main street festival going on this weekend.  After service we skipped Sunday School to go walk around the booths for a few minutes, then came home.  Ds17 and I have to leave in a couple hours for a concert rehearsal/dinner/concert in The Big City.  I'll be so glad when this is over.

Coffee!

• Like 3