Menu

Ignore this thread!

Poor ds, his allergies are killing him. Trees are in full bloom around here so it's bad.  He's discovered the benefit of continuing to wear a mask - it filters out the pollen.   

We may have to explore medications for him.  But he's a 180 pound 16 year old who can't swallow pills which makes it harder.

My doctor just put me on a new nasal spray prescription.  It appears to be working really well.  

ETA:  An allergy booya, really?  Ugh.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

My 4-H leader is quitting next year.   Her kids aren't as into in anymore.  She also travels a lot so that's made things interesting anyway.  Dh will come back on as my primary co-leader but doesn't want to do the two separate clubs we do now.  So looks like we'll be combining them back together (what a mess with bank accounts) or at least holding their meetings the same night.  

My kids aren't super interested anymore either.  Ds already quit with all his college stuff, dd still goes but mainly to see her friend that is current leader's son.  We'll see how long she stays interested if he no longer comes.   I think I'll have to advertise some more see if we can get some new teens.  

We have a meeting this week of our younger group and dh is going to help.

• Like 7

The guy doing my bloodwork this morning asked me where my last name came from.  I told him "my husband" 🤣   I knew what he was really asking and told him FIL was from Puerto Rico.  Evidently he is Puerto Rican and it's a very common name.  

The guy was very chatty and jokey but it didn't bother me like that kind of thing usually does.  Maybe because he didn't really need me to talk much and it was clearly very light-hearted.   

• Like 8

I'm looking for a Bible reading program/schedule/app. The program our former church did was too lengthy and complicated for us to ever stay on track. It was a Proverb, several Psalms and several chapters of OT and NT every day. I think it was reading the entire Bible 3 times per year plus several times through Psalms and Proverbs. It was so much and difficult to stay consistent and then if a day was missed, I'd never be able to catch up. I never made it past the first month. I've been hit and miss with my reading during our time out of church due to the pandemic. Sometimes I'll just do a Proverb and sometimes also through the NT. I'd like to get a plan so my dh and I are reading the same thing daily and can keep each other accountable. I'd like us to start with the NT.

Any recommendations?

• Like 6

Good morning! It's The Queen's favorite day!

I am completely emotionally and mentally spent from the weekend.  Dd15 had a really bad migrane and slept with me last night, which means I didn't really sleep much. Half the kids are still sleeping.  I put breakfast together and have dealt with my laundry.  

I may have a couple overnight guests tonight or maybe tomorrow depending on how long it takes to drive here - my cousin's youngest son is moving to Florida.  Also we are hosting a birthday party tomorrow (I think) at an unknown time, so I have a lot to get ready.  The kids are going to have to do a good bit of helping today.  I need to run to the grocery store.  Good thing there is

Coffee!

• Like 5

33 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I'm looking for a Bible reading program/schedule/app. The program our former church did was too lengthy and complicated for us to ever stay on track. It was a Proverb, several Psalms and several chapters of OT and NT every day. I think it was reading the entire Bible 3 times per year plus several times through Psalms and Proverbs. It was so much and difficult to stay consistent and then if a day was missed, I'd never be able to catch up. I never made it past the first month. I've been hit and miss with my reading during our time out of church due to the pandemic. Sometimes I'll just do a Proverb and sometimes also through the NT. I'd like to get a plan so my dh and I are reading the same thing daily and can keep each other accountable. I'd like us to start with the NT.

Any recommendations?

The Bible app has multiple plans and you can just check it off right there. You don't have to read in the app, but you can.

Pick it up and read, using a bookmark.

I go through moods using both of those options.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Slache said:

All of my Facebook friends uploaded lovely photos of their family standing in front of the church or in their yard with the caption "Happy Easter", but the girl I'm closest to uploaded a pic of her toddler in nothing but a diaper, church shoes and pacifier, running across the lawn while her dad chased her down waving a little pink dress in the air like a flag with the caption ♥️Happy Easter, from my family to yours♥️

I know my people when I see them.

Our picture was of Gymnast in a tree getting a plastic egg, but I didn't post it to FB. 😅

35 minutes ago, Spirea said:

Any recommendations?

YouVersion? There are several schedules. I'm currently working on the Bible in a Year. It is still Psalms, Proverbs, OT, NT, but not several chapters a day of each. It will be portions, depending on how long they are. I'm currently behind, but I can catch up. I've done it before.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just did this one, but wish it downloaded to my calendar. Baby steps right now.

@SlacheI can't get that link to work.

Eta: well, pick up and read is good idea, except my husband and I want to be reading the same thing daily.

I do much better reading the hard copy though. I had to read out loud to stay on track on my phone. I just start scrolling and phase out alot of it. 😔 

Edited by Spirea
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Spirea said:

I just did this one, but wish it downloaded to my calendar. Baby steps right now.

@SlacheI can't get that link to work.

Eta: well, pick up and read is good idea, except my husband and I want to be reading the same thing daily.

I do much better reading the hard copy though. I had to read out loud to stay on track on my phone. I just start scrolling and phase out alot of it. 😔 

It's called You Version, which is what Renai mentioned. You could also just google " Bible Plan PDF, which I've also done. Find, print, read.

• Like 1

Ok, I've downloaded the app. It's a little complicated/cluttered but finally found what I'm looking for in the "Through the Bible" section. I think it's too distracting right now. If dh likes the plan I sent (posted above), I think that's a simpler way to start, but I think I'd like the app for the next step. Thanks.

Eta, I would like an app with tracking and a reminder, but hopefully we can just text each other in the mornings.

Edited by Spirea
  • Like 1

I'm very tempted to stress eat the rest of the confetti cake.  I don't even like cake all that much - though this one does have cream cheese frosting, which redeems a multitude of cakey sins.  

Dd13 begged to start peeling and slicing the apple pie apples.  Uh, sure, if you REALLY want to, lol.  I need more coffee.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Spirea said:

Ok, I've downloaded the app. It's a little complicated/cluttered but finally found what I'm looking for in the "Through the Bible" section. I think it's too distracting right now. If dh likes the plan I sent (posted above), I think that's a simpler way to start, but I think I'd like the app for the next step. Thanks.

Eta, I would like an app with tracking and a reminder, but hopefully we can just text each other in the mornings.

YouVersion has tracking and reminders. I skip the devotional on thi one because I'm only interested in the Bible, so I just check it off.

Screenshot_20220418-141749_Bible.jpg

• Like 3

School is FINALLY done for today.

Son 2 is still sick, but he says he feels better than he did Saturday. DD made homemade strawberry ice cream for him in her personal ice cream maker. The thing is woefully underpowered and makes just 1 pint but she loves it.

Chicken fajitas and peppers are marinating in the fridge fir dinner. Kids are chilling all over the house. I get to fold towels. Oh joy!

• Like 4

How did my day go, you ask?  I'm drinking at 5pm on a work night when I have an auditor coming before 10am.  

A Monday that starts with fasting blood work, you'd think it would be all up hill from there.

Bird seed with peanuts spilled everywhere when we don't allow any nuts due to allergies.

Popcorn left all over the floor and not cleaned up.

Discovering said popcorn after cleaning up the bird seed, when I have less than 5 minutes for my class to start, in the room covered with popcorn. 

• Sad 7

8 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

How did my day go, you ask?  I'm drinking at 5pm on a work night when I have an auditor coming before 10am.  

A Monday that starts with fasting blood work, you'd think it would be all up hill from there.

Bird seed with peanuts spilled everywhere when we don't allow any nuts due to allergies.

Popcorn left all over the floor and not cleaned up.

Discovering said popcorn after cleaning up the bird seed, when I have less than 5 minutes for my class to start, in the room covered with popcorn. 

Does one of your teacher's not know the peanut rule and/or how to clean up?  I'm sorry that it's been such a rough day. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Does one of your teacher's not know the peanut rule and/or how to clean up?  I'm sorry that it's been such a rough day. 

She didn't notice that it had peanuts in it.   I previously had to tell her that her 5 year old eating peanut butter crackers outside before coming in for class wasn't okay, today I added that most bird seed that's not a single type will possibly have nuts in it.  

I think she's just really unfamiliar with allergies.

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

(((Toto)))

Today ds17 was being felpful by cleaning his own bathroom, lol, and spilled powedered oxyclean all over the laundry area.  My kids feel as though they have been overworked but they don't realize that I do 10-15 minutes of cleaning for every 5 of actual work they do.  My eyes are better at seeing dirt.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

She didn't notice that it had peanuts in it.   I previously had to tell her that her 5 year old eating peanut butter crackers outside before coming in for class wasn't okay, today I added that most bird seed that's not a single type will possibly have nuts in it.  

I think she's just really unfamiliar with allergies.

Quoting myself to mention, I didn't assume it would have peanuts in it.  It had entire peanuts in it.  Immediately visible on the floor when I saw them.  

She has young kids and I'm sure just didn't look closely.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I'm very tempted to stress eat the rest of the confetti cake.  I don't even like cake all that much - though this one does have cream cheese frosting, which redeems a multitude of cakey sins.  

Dd13 begged to start peeling and slicing the apple pie apples.  Uh, sure, if you REALLY want to, lol.  I need more coffee.

I have been stress eating all the chocolate in the house. And I’m not even stressed.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Good morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Last day of vacation.

I was going to use today to get caught up on work stuff, but I am so sick of work, even after a week of vacation that I am just going to lazy around and get caught up on reading.🤣

I spent two hours on my laptop. Now I am outside on a perfect afternoon, trying not to doze off and trying to figure out what to make for dinner.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I did doze off and I still have no idea what to make for dinner.

Drive through or pizza are my go to’s.

I just ate 2 chocolate chip cookies and figured out why they don’t taste right- DD used milk chocolate chips. Bleh! I have half a bag left. Ideas for these things?

Dinner was delicious but we all lamented that there is always a lack of guac even when I use 4. Next time, I’m using 6! DD ate 3 huge servings so I am very pleased. She is underweight so more calories the better. She eats a lot of ice cream to help with that but is still a stick.

movie time

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Tuesday.

I slept like crap last night.  Not sure if it was the beer or the bbq beef ribs I had for dinner.  It was like I had a massive dose of sugar or caffeine right before bed.  No caffeine but either of those things could have had pretty massive doses of sugar.

I have to go in early today because an auditor is coming from my insurance company.   Shouldn't be a big deal, they are looking at my employee records.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

On 4/18/2022 at 10:20 AM, Spirea said:

I'm looking for a Bible reading program/schedule/app.....

Any recommendations?

I use the Daily Lectio app, which doesn't require navigating through anything. You just open the app and it has the passages to read today quoted. It follows the Vanderbilt lectionary, which a lot of churches use. There's a Psalm, an OT passage, and a NT passage each day; you can your DH could scroll down and just do the NT if you prefer.

@Junie We are also testing this week. We're testing with another family at their house, which is pleasant but takes a little longer. Got computation out of the way yesterday, so hopefully nothing too bad the rest of the week.

Edited by 73349
  • Like 5

We still have 6-8 weeks left of our school year  depending on how math progresses (sometimes concepts click faster than others) so I'm waiting until at least closer to then to test Oldest. We will still be done nearly a month ahead of the local public school. I got my R&S order and am excited looking through the Pre-K books for Middle. 

• Like 4

Good morning!

The two birthday apple pies are in the oven.  Outer crusts got too dark quicker than I expected, as usual, but they should be acceptable.  

We have a bit more cooking to do but not much.  It turns out our surprise overnight guests may not be stopping by.

Coffee!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

My blood results are always fantastic, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever because I'm on death's doorstep at least once every 3 years. I've had full blood panels, MRIs, EEGs, EKGs, sleep studies, biopsies, lumbar punctures. I think if a test exists I've had it and I've passed with flying colors, but then I nearly die six months later. It was probably all that test prep they had us do in middle school.

Anyway, I'm starting this one early so I can retire early. Wish me luck.

20220419_101257_HDR.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Edpo.

I want to get back into nature journaling. Not tomorrow, because I don't have the energy or time. Does anyone do this? If so, do you have any favorite supplies? I have or need field guides, a general nature journaling book for inspiration, sketchbooks and pencil cases, a book on local parks and a photo printer. I already have a lot of that, I'm just trying to make a complete list of needs.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We have some leftover bbq, fruit, salad, cheese, muffins, pie, leftover confetti cake,  veggie tray...anything sound good?

All of it! Thanks!

1 minute ago, Junie said:

Cheese steak for dinner here at 6pm. 🙂

I'll go there next. Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Our guests which we thought would not come, came.  Such sweet boys - my cousin's son and his friend on a road trip to Florida.  They're back on the road.

The weather is gorgeous right now and dd15 took me to the park to show me where to look for bluebirds and we saw one!!  I was so excited!

• Like 4

Good Afternoon.

My audit was easy.  I gave him the printouts from my payroll company (a free online service) and quickbooks, he looked at them for about 15 minutes, asked a few questions and was done.  Evidently this is going to be an annual thing due to new rules but may be online next year.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4