• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Good morning!

Dd15 and dd18 got all their NaNoWriMo words in!  Now they can get back to regular schoolwork, lol.

I’m in the parking lot of the Depot of Home - got some things for the Christmas lights. I have no idea how dh got the remote control light plug thing to work in the porch outlet without taking off the outlet cover, which I don’t think he did. So I am going to cobble some things together and see if I can make it work. 

Aldi (which is across the street from here) doesn’t open for a little while so I am just waiting around for a bit.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

Three days from now I will be leaving Texas and going to Disneyland, where Mr. Ellie and I will spend four glorious days with the Mouse, the first time since 2018. (We did WDW in '19 and '20, but although we enjoyed ourselves, Disneyland is HOME.)

That is all.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Ellie said:

Three days from now I will be leaving Texas and going to Disneyland, where Mr. Ellie and I will spend four glorious days with the Mouse, the first time since 2018. (We did WDW in '19 and '20, but although we enjoyed ourselves, Disneyland is HOME.)

That is all.

Yay Disneyland!  So I have a friend here who will also be at Disneyland next week.  It would be a good idea for you to just randomly yell out her name ("Sherri") and see if you can find her. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

I just spent a very pleasant 45 minutes outside giving the runaway forsythia bush a heavy prune. (There’s probably a spiritual lesson there). I have filled the yard waste bin but I still have a huge mound of branches on the yard. I still have more to prune- more of a tidying up kind of prune but that can wait a bit. I had started pruning in the summer but it was so overgrown that I couldn’t even see where the branches went. But now it’s easy since the leaves are all off. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay Disneyland!  So I have a friend here who will also be at Disneyland next week.  It would be a good idea for you to just randomly yell out her name ("Sherri") and see if you can find her. 

That would be funny. Maybe Mr. Ellie will not be too embarrassed to let me do that...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Once we were at Disneyland and we ran into our neighbor. That was kind of weird.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Morning.  Sorry about missing kitty.  I hope he turns up soon.

Heading in to work early today.   We are dropping my car off for an oil change, then tomorrow we can finally bring dh's truck in for the hood hinge.   He's supposed to go to his mom's tomorrow so hopefully things will stay on schedule.  I can't be without a car this weekend, dd has a test toward her next black belt on Saturday.  

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Slache said:

Please pray for Tara. She hurt her back so badly she can't function. She has a baby and a toddler and her husband doesn't have much time off.

She can't get out of bed or walk but won't go to the hospital because Dr. Google says to wait 72 hours. I talked to my chiro and he said send her to him and he won't charge her, so she's going today.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I’m in the tutorial parking lot waiting for the high schoolers to finish their Christmas party. I just couldn’t make myself go in there, so instead I went to AFSA to find a couple Christmas gifts. 

In other news, I have not ordered or even contemplated Christmas (/Epiphany/Lent) cards. Yet.  Might or might not do them.  

• Like 5

Our new bed came today.  It's a dream cloud premier I think. Something like that.  It's a memory foam/spring hybrid and comes squished into a big box.   We're putting it on the bed in the morning so it has all day to expand (technically you're supposed to give it 24 hours or something, but I"m sleeping on it tomorrow night anyway).   Hopefully it will be good for my back.

I started doing yoga and Tai Chi again in the mornings.  I go upstairs to my storage room at work.  Now that it's better organized, there is enough space as long as I don't do much traveling with the tai chi.   That seems to be helping my back some. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

Our new bed came today.  It's a dream cloud premier I think. Something like that.  It's a memory foam/spring hybrid and comes squished into a big box.   We're putting it on the bed in the morning so it has all day to expand (technically you're supposed to give it 24 hours or something, but I"m sleeping on it tomorrow night anyway).   Hopefully it will be good for my back.

I started doing yoga and Tai Chi again in the mornings.  I go upstairs to my storage room at work.  Now that it's better organized, there is enough space as long as I don't do much traveling with the tai chi.   That seems to be helping my back some. 

We have one of those kind of beds. Love it!

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I’m in the tutorial parking lot waiting for the high schoolers to finish their Christmas party. I just couldn’t make myself go in there, so instead I went to AFSA to find a couple Christmas gifts. 

In other news, I have not ordered or even contemplated Christmas (/Epiphany/Lent) cards. Yet.  Might or might not do them.  

I think you should send Arbor Day cards.

I haven’t ordered mine, either. Oldest DD and I are having words regarding the picture.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Autumn wouldn't be so bad if it came with warm weather.  But it doesn't here.  It does where Slache lives, but not here.  Here it comes with cold rain.  So much cold rain. 

I've met so many chronic pain patients that moved here for the weather. Just a huge percentage of people. Between the warmth, ability to swim year round, dryness, lack of pressure and lack of allergies it's a major upgrade to so many people's lives. Even if it is 115° every summer. 🦎

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!! 

We ended up sleeping in a little bit this morning.   We woke up briefly in the middle of the night because the dog knocked over a water cup because his water bowl was empty (he drinks a ton when we are out of the house, then drools everywhere).  Ds refilled it but we had to ask him to do that (he was up and walking around).  Then dh didn't get back to sleep right away so didn't wake up at his normal super early hour.  

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I won't ever live in Texas again, but I wouldn't mind being a snowbird somewhere warm and dry.   Four seasons are only fun the first time it snows.   And on the two or three nice Autumn and Spring days we get each year.   Lately we seem to shoot right from hot summer to freezing winter and visa versa in the Spring. 

• Like 3

Good morning!

I'm now grumpy because dd18 is still struggling with basic driving skills and I am losing hope that she will ever be able to drive a car.  And I have a ton of things to get done this morning before my sister comes to visit which means I need everyone else to do their part and no one seems interested in that.  Therefore, Drill Sergeant Susan makes an appearance.  

Who has the Grumpy Pantz?  I need the ones with coffee dispenser and chocolate in the pockets.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Well we have gotten quite a bit done.  I got a voice mail from a guy who is supposed to make another key to the new car and he wants to schedule for either today or next Friday, both days which are packed and the thought of having to call and make an appointment makes me feel like my head is exploding.  So I am ignoring the issue for now.

While cleaning off the small table in my room, I came across a bunch of paperwork that also needs to be dealt with and I am also ignoring. 

Right now, my only goal is to take a shower.  Ready, set, GO!

• Like 1