Menu

Ignore this thread!

5 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

This could be a Thing!  PJs and Easter baskets...

Every year for I don't know how long, we have taken a picture of our kids sitting on the sofa on Easter morning in their Easter dress clothes.  I can't remember what last years' was, but I think it was something along the lines of pjs, lol.

We take our yearly photos of the kids on Easter Sunday, but usually outside.

• Like 4

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Juliet is sniffing up a storm because I helped to train and walk Baxter puppy again. 

I don’t know how many minutes of weeding I got done because of neighbor interactions. But I did my usual three rows in one spot. Then I started a totally new area of virgin weeding. I didn’t get to the maintenance area because it started to pour and I fled inside. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

MAJOR NEWS ALERT!!!

The 2021 Barkley Marathons began at 2am yesterday morning, and is now over.  There were no finishers.  🙁  Congratulations to all starters.  Jared Campbell ran this year, and finished 3 laps.

Few have ever touched

Five times on a Fool's Weekend

Barkley's yellow gate.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

MAJOR NEWS ALERT!!!

The 2021 Barkley Marathons began at 2am Thursday morning, and is now over.  There were no finishers.  🙁  Congratulations to all starters.

Few have ever touched

Five times on a Fool's Weekend

Barkley's yellow gate.

Oh my word, I just love the Barkleys. No finishers? That’s good. I love things that are so challenging that few can ever do.

”Many sink down, and few return to the sunlit lands.” 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Oh my word, I just love the Barkleys. No finishers? That’s good. I love things that are so challenging that few can ever do.

”Many sink down, and few return to the sunlit lands.” 

Looks like Jared Campbell and Luke Nelson finished loop 3 in time for a "Fun Run" finish!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I had a snack and took a short nap.

Then I went out and finished one more small strip in the new area and did  my daily maintenance allotment. 

Baxter puppy came out for another short training session with me.  The trainer works with him but needs me to be a "distraction"/ "extra exciting person" to help for training purposes.  I am always happy to oblige! 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I feel so aimless.  Maybe I should go read.

I think you should go read, Susan.

ok, so this is bad. I’m doing this parallel reading challenge to Challies because in the Challies Challenge we are supposed to read theology, and this other one is the CBR 2021 Reading Challenge, which is theology classics. Anyhow, I’ve read Irenaeus, and Athanasius (this reading challenge the books are prescribed) and I ordered Gregory of Nazianzus.  I got it the other day and got all settled in, ready to start and it’s written in Greek. Literally. 🙄

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

ok, so this is bad. I’m doing this parallel reading challenge to Challies because in the Challies Challenge we are supposed to read theology, and this other one is the CBR 2021 Reading Challenge, which is theology classics. Anyhow, I’ve read Irenaeus, and Athanasius (this reading challenge the books are prescribed) and I ordered Gregory of Nazianzus.  I got it the other day and got all settled in, ready to start and it’s written in Greek. Literally. 🙄

I just ordered Because of Winn Dixie from abebooks.  I'm glad it isn't in Greek!

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Yay school!  How many intensive weekends does he have to do?

Four. Two this month for the national exam, two next month for the state exam, some self paced classes and some shadowing. I'm hoping he can work in May.

• Like 5

Morning, Happy Saturday!  Looks like we are going to have some nice warm sunny weather for the next week.   I hope it sticks around this time.  I have snowbells and crocuses coming up in my yard and garden.    Maybe dd and I will be able to walk in the mornings. 

My landlord is really really REALLY bad about answering messages and I've been trying to find out about room for expansion.  I finally just called the realtor, who it turns out is the same guy who found me the space three years ago.  He evidently had my number still in his phone since he knew it was me calling.  I didn't realize it was the same person since it has been three years and he's with a different realty company.   Anyway, maybe I'll actually get an answer.  He seemed to think the situation that would be ideal for us might actually be possible.  

• Like 5

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!

Saturday!!!!

I slept until 8:00. Until the cat jumped on me and demanded loves. Though honestly, I can’t think of a better way to be woken up than by a soft purring kitty.

Baby is juicing oranges.

the neighbors are getting concrete poured.

I get to drive to the Big City to the South this morning and get my Covid vaccine. Woohoo. I am so excited. DH got his yesterday. Apparently he is considered an essential worker because his business has to do with construction and infrastructure, and I am a teacher. 

I also gotta go to the AFSA.

DD is having a friend over this afternoon.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

“Because of Winn Dixie” made a cute movie. The casting was great and they stuck pretty close to the book. However, you really can never truly capture the charm of a book in a movie. There’s something about the author’s use of language that just can’t be captured on film.....

• Like 4

Stove is cleaned!  And I put down these gas stove liner things.  Then I mowed 1/6 of the lawn before the battery ran out.  Charging now.  (And by lawn, I mean beautifully thick green swaths of clover.)

Possibly if I start out every day hiking up steep hills, I will manage to accomplish more during the day.  As long as today's weather is perfectly maintained - sunny and 62 degrees.

• Like 2

Well, I got my shot. Didn’t die or turn into a monkey or anything. It didn’t hurt. And then to make my day even more exciting, I went to the AFSA afterward. And I took my two oldest and they took advantage of my weakened state..... which is why I hate taking my kids grocery shopping with me.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Godspeed, my friend.

I have barbarian standards when it comes to stove cleanliness.  However, it is now back to it's former glory, almost.  One time I spent a good deal of time and effort to clean the stove before my parents came to visit, and my dad, being the kind and thoughtful person he is, helped us out by cleaning the stove.

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

I napped. 🏆

Lynn has her priorities straight!

• Like 2

On 3/19/2021 at 3:52 PM, Susan in TN said:

I fell asleep for 2-1/2 hours.  Slept right through late lunch.

Too many things going through my head.  Imma see about playing "If I Didn't Have You" on ukulele.

So did I. It was weird. I just all of a sudden felt tired, walked back home from our short jaunt in the river, laid down and passed out for 2 hours. It was between 4:30p and 6:30p though. And I still slept last night.

22 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Wait, you don't read Greek?!?!

😅

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Well, I got my shot. Didn’t die or turn into a monkey or anything. It didn’t hurt. And then to make my day even more exciting, I went to the AFSA afterward. And I took my two oldest and they took advantage of my weakened state..... which is why I hate taking my kids grocery shopping with me.

I got mine on Wednesday. I didn't have my daughter to hold my hand, but the guy was in Army garb, so I felt comfortable (military brat here). Sore arm 2-3 days, a mild headache first day, very high blood pressure that first day (took 2 doses of meds to bring it down). I went from the shot to teaching an hour class, then stayed on the sofa because I felt a bit tired. Not bad, not fatigue, just blah. Lasted one day. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I forgot to ask, with the CBR, do you read the books in order listed?

Good Morning!

Happy Sunday!

I woke up kind of achy this morning, but tylenol and a shower seem to have fixed it.  I'm not sure if it was a reaction to the vaccine (I got my first shot this weekend) or if it was just the same arthritis and headaches that I usually have.  Anyway, I'm glad to be feeling better now.

Church and Iglesia this morning.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Morning.  Exciting to see so many people getting vaccines.  I'm eligible but still having trouble getting an appointment.  Mainly because of my schedule but I expect it to get easier soon.  

Another nice sunny day today.   I'm ahead on classes and my hardest to plan class is actually skipping this week due to kids on vacation which means I actually only have one more day to plan before that one is done.    On today's agenda is laundry and corned beef dinner at my moms.  

• Like 3