Menu

Ignore this thread!

46 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Thank you!  How’s your shoulder feeling?

Not too bad.  It twitches here and there, but so far is behaving fairly well.

My CT scan went fine.  The stuff they put in you makes you feel like you are wetting yourself, and also like you are having a super-charged hot flash.  Naturally when the tech told me not to swallow, there was nothing I wanted to do more than swallow.  Then when he said I could swallow and relax I was worried that I'd heard him wrong, so just stayed frozen until I was out of the Giant Donut. 😁

• Like 3

Dd just walked by cheering because she got the last ice cream sandwich.   I let her have her joy and didn't tell her I purposely left it for her.  I already had dark chocolate covered almonds.  Plus, evidently junk food with mint in it keeps me awake at night.  It happened with mint cookies and I stopped eating them, and it happened again with these mint ice cream sandwiches.   I really like mint so this totally stinks.   I guess it's going to have to be a very occasional treat. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

We ate pie on Sunday.  Lots of it.  Except Renai who went crazy and had coffee cake.  Anniversary was yesterday.  You were supposed to start ITT but now we'll have to wait another year.  Today is Lynn's nirthday!  Mr. ikslo retired and ikslo is bringing in the big bucks and airline miles.  Jean is weeding the Northwest like there's no tomorrow.

Susan does good summaries.  She probably teaches this to her kids or something. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Morning.  Happy Wednesday.   Today is my short day so I have to stop at the store on my way home.  Ds is complaining he doesn't have any of his usual foods.  I pointed out the leftovers he could eat so he doesn't starve with only 9 pizza bites and 5 taquitos for lunch.   Teenage boys eat a LOT.     In two weeks I actually finish up one of my Wednesday classes so it will be back to being an even easier day and I can't wait.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Happy St. Patrick's Day.  This is the first time in years I won't be making corned beef and cabbage.  It's usually the one time of year I cook dinner but I've been cooking dinner (sort of) for the past two weeks and enough is enough.  Plus the kids won't eat it at all and it's definitely not worth doing just for myself.  Maybe I'll talk to dh and make it this weekend. 

I also didn't make pie on pi day.  I'm a homeschool failure.  boo hoo.  😛

• Like 3

Good Morning!

Happy... Wednesday!  (I had to think about what day it is.)

I woke up with a headache (of course) but it seems to be getting a bit better.  And I'm not crying and chasing everyone out of my room.  This is a good sign. :)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Morning.  Happy Wednesday.   Today is my short day so I have to stop at the store on my way home.  Ds is complaining he doesn't have any of his usual foods.  I pointed out the leftovers he could eat so he doesn't starve with only 9 pizza bites and 5 taquitos for lunch.   Teenage boys eat a LOT.     In two weeks I actually finish up one of my Wednesday classes so it will be back to being an even easier day and I can't wait.  

Yes, they do.  I remember a few years ago trying to figure out why we had so many leftovers building up in the fridge.  And then I realized that this started happening at exactly the same time that ds20 went off to college.  I hadn't realized before how much he ate!

• Like 2

Good morning!  Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Toto, we are also not having corned beef and cabbage, as usual.  They had some "authentic Irish bangers" and some fancy Irish cheeses at Aldi last week so we are having bangers and mash.

Dd12's fever is down quite a bit this morning (99.something vs 102.something yesterday morning) so we are glad for that.  Very stuffy but nothing that can't be managed and throat is feeling a little better.  (She tested negative for everything that can be tested for.)

I am hoping my surgeon will call today and get the thing scheduled.   I have a meeting with my health coach this morning.  Zoom music history this afternoon and youth group cancelled due to schools on spring break.

Irish Coffee!  😂

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Wheres Toto said:

I need to get back to my Tai Chi.  I've been forgetting about doing it with all the crazy lately and I think it really makes a difference in my mornings.  

Late students: late fee - $1 per minute or so

I also need to get back to Tai Chi in the mornings. We'll have to keep each other accountable.

7 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I finally finished my Challies Challenge book.  Took me a month to finish one book - started 3 and managed to finish the 3rd (I'm a Stranger Here Myself).  The first 2 were digital books and maybe that was part of it.  I think my next book will be The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking, since dd12 has been pestering me to read it for weeks.

I have started several books since January, and haven't finished a single one. (I'm not counting the read alouds I do with Gymnast.) I don't know what my deal is. This time last year, I had about 7 books under my belt.

7 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We ate pie on Sunday.  Lots of it.  Except Renai who went crazy and had coffee cake.  Anniversary was yesterday.  You were supposed to start ITT but now we'll have to wait another year.  Today is Lynn's nirthday!  Mr. ikslo retired and ikslo is bringing in the big bucks and airline miles.  Jean is weeding the Northwest like there's no tomorrow.

I've missed these summaries. 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Critterfixer said:

Storms most of the morning, here. Great sleeping weather. But I need to be writing.

Your storms have reached my house now.  Yay thunder!  (Not expecting anything severe.)

Turns out the tech didn't get the "specialty pictures" that were requested, so I have to go back in a while and do the CT scan again.  They're going to run out of places to stick needles in my arm!

• Sad 4

Dh and I are schedule to get our COVID vaccines later this week. :)  I have never been so happy to get a shot before.  Actually, I have.  The Rho-gam shots after each of my baby's births were actually more important than this one.

So thankful for medical technology. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3

5 hours ago, Critterfixer said:

Yay for COVID jabs! I get mine next week. DH gets his on Friday. 

The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking is awesome!

Bob!  I was so worried about him!  What a fun story!  Imma see if there are sequels.

Next book on the reading challenge (category: published by Zondervan) is Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi.  

• Like 1

Good morning!

Go Junie, go! Give 'em the One-Two Punch!

Dd14 and Sir Pups-a-lot are playing hide and seek - I generally stay near pup while she's finding a hiding space to make sure he sits, but then he won't go find her until I say OK.  (Dd makes an annoying whooping sound when she's ready.)  It's a goofy mad scramble, but pup loves it.

We ran into pup's good friend, Sandy, on our walk this morning.  They did the Puppy Play Dance for a bit.  Sandy is elderly, but still likes to play with the annoying young punk, lol.

Bringing high school kids to tutorial, then hiking up and down a hill for a half hour, then Aldi.  Or maybe I should do Aldi first, then hiking.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!,

COFFEE!!~D

Friday Eve!!!

School and work!!!

I’ve been sleeping late all week. I don’t know if it’s the combination of Daylight SavingS Time, allergies and a lot of stress, but I’m feeling like garbage. I’m not sick... just..... bleh!!

I’ve been doing well on the Challies Challenge. I’m reading a couple of good books right now.... “The Great Debate: Edmund Burke, Thomas Paine and the Birth of Right and Left” by Yuval Levin has been tremendous, though it takes a lot of thought to read. I’m also in the middle of “Between Sisters” by Kristin Hannah, which is good. I finished her latest “The Four Winds” which I thought was completely depressing. I hated it.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

Bob!  I was so worried about him!  What a fun story!  Imma see if there are sequels.

Next book on the reading challenge (category: published by Zondervan) is Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus by Nabeel Qureshi.  

I read Seeking Allah... just a few months ago (November/December). It was interesting, I liked it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Renai said:

I read Seeking Allah... just a few months ago (November/December). It was interesting, I liked it.

5 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I heard of that book. I had made a mental note to read it. I should order it.

Dd22 has been recommending it to me for ages, so I finally stole her copy. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I was able to get up and down the Big Hill three times in about a half hour.  I only went to the very tippy top once because it was very steep, wet, and slippery on that part of the path.

At Aldi I meant to grab two different varieties of granola bars but when I got home I found that I'd grabbed two of the same thing.  I do that so often and don't know how I can grab two blue boxes when I mean to grab a blue and a red.  Not paying attention, I guess.

• Like 3

I did another half hour of hill climbing on the way to pick up kids from tutorial, with pup this time.  My surgeon called while we were at the park and got the surgery scheduled.  April 14th.

We had sheet pan honey mustard chicken/carrots/brussels sprouts for dinner and now I want to sleep.

Nuts.  Pup was just chewing on dd14's favorite hat.  Now he just burped at me.  So impertinent! 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

51 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Easter clothes shopping for the girls.... done! Yay for Old Navy. I hate shopping for dresses. My girls don’t even like wearing dresses and neither do I, but you gotta wear a dress to church on Easter Sunday.

My girls are likely wearing pajamas for Easter Sunday. :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Today was supposed to be the last day of the contractors being here.  They were supposed to put in the farmstyle sink and then the last cabinet.  The farmhouse sink that the Home Depot guy told me would fit did not fit the sink base.  So I had to spend a lot of time on the phone figuring out a new sink and ordering it and moving the appointment for the countertops because the sink has to be there for that.  Then the contractor realized that one of the cabinets that they put in yesterday was put in slightly wrong.  Which I guess is good that they realized and fixed but it took a lot of extra time.  And then today's cabinet was put in totally wrong.  But dh has figured out a way to fix it so when they come back again in a week, that will be fixed.  So it was a bit of a frustrating day.

Also tonight he was working on the venting for the new stove hood and realized that the measurements don't match.  And dh felt like a transition piece to make it work wouldn't be wise.  But he had done his math wrong and I showed him that so I think that it will be ok afterall.

So to give a Susan'-like summary:  a bunch of things went wrong but I think that we have fixes for all of them. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Junie said:

My girls are likely wearing pajamas for Easter Sunday. 🙂

This could be a Thing!  PJs and Easter baskets...

Every year for I don't know how long, we have taken a picture of our kids sitting on the sofa on Easter morning in their Easter dress clothes.  I can't remember what last years' was, but I think it was something along the lines of pjs, lol.

• Like 3

Morning, Happy Friday!   

I finally got ahead on all my classes and could take a break from working on them this weekend (although it would be smarter to do a little bit each day and get a jump on things).  Plan was to do some cleaning stuff at home and the classroom (we did an experiment involving garlic and it still smells a little bit so I need to do some deep clean to find out why).  With dh home (and basketball on) I won't be able to do as much cleaning at home so I'll probably work on classes like usual to get ahead and just clean the bathroom and kitchen really well.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning!  

Good grief, Jeannie!  Hope your fixes work out smoothly today!

I got a bit of Second Sleep.  It's still daylight in the Alps, so you can see some webcam images around the Tour du Mont Blanc. Very wintery.

It's going to be cloudy and chilly today, but hopefully no more rain.  Might try some bike riding later.  

Coffee!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!~D

Friday!!!🎊🎉🎉🎉

School and work!!!

It’s supposed to rain today!! Yay!! We sure need it.

I slept in again this morning. I’m sure it’s Daylight Savings Time hangover, but it has never affected me like this before.

• Like 4