Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good morning!  It's Friday!

So much going on.  We have to do some thorough house cleaning.  I need to go to Aldi for groceries and take dd12 to another grocery store for scout groceries.  The two youngest have a scout campout tonight.  I need to get things ready for dd22 and her roommates who are borrowing camping gear for the weekend and having lunch here tomorrow.

The girls got out the summer clothes bins just in time for a major weather cool-down. Dd12 couldn't find an Easter dress, so I may need to take her shopping this weekend. Dd14 and I need to go to REI and look for a few things.

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!~D .... is not ready yet. I was up until 10:30 working on DS’s final essay on “Night” and I got distracted and forgot to finish putting grounds in the filter and set it. So, it’s coming, just not yet.

School and work today and then Spring Break. I gotta go to the AFSA tonight. Oldest DD’s belated birthday party is tomorrow. It’s all pretty under control. Just gotta get some s’more stuff.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 4

40 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

I visited four (4!) grocery stores and had story time and did a bit of gardening and took the Pup for a walk and IP'ed some eggs for egg salad and found out that scout camping was cancelled due to more thunderstorms.

Now imma read a book for a bit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It hit 80 degrees here today too.  Way too warm for this time of year.

I'm waiting until Friday rush hour traffic is over and I'm running out to Target and maybe Home Depot.  I need an outside trash can for the science center and ice cream.  The ice cream is why I'm doing it tonight. 

• Like 2

My mom is going to come and hang out tomorrow.  She just wants to get out of her house for a little while.  It's supposed to be nice and in the 60's so we'll sit outside.  My neighborhood is quiet, we have lots of birds and we're on a river so she likes sitting outside.   We have a ton of construction trash still out there that is no longer covered with snow, but we'll still be able to have a few chairs and a small table to sit at.

ETA:  A hanging out booya.  

Edited by Wheres Toto
  • Like 6

Wouldn't it be nice if construction/renovation got done in nice, orderly 8-4 M-F type hours?

Yeah, they're not doing that. Some days they come and some days they don't; some days they arrive at 9 AM and others at 1:30 PM; some days they're gone by 3 and others they're still here when we have to take our masks off because dinner's ready. Some days I can see what they accomplished and others I... like, really? Two people were here for 4 hours and the only visible difference is 1 piece of beadboard hung (but not painted)?

Shower walls are up. Floor is down (but not grouted) except the shower. Vanity/sink/countertop is in (but no knobs or faucet). New ceiling fan is in.

Not done yet: Ceiling (will be scraped and painted); most beadboard for the walls; shower floor, showerhead & handle; glass (goes in last); toilet is still out on the screened porch (obvs needs floor finished); hang towel bars & medicine cabinet.

I just want it D O N E.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 5

Good morning!

We have the Major ThunderBoomers coming through.  I went out with Chester for his morning constitutional and then came right back in.  Too much lightning.  Pup will have to wait.  Or, like every other dog within a 3-mile radius, just go potty in our yard. I'm glad the girls are not camping out there right now.

I have dog obedience class today, but we're not supposed to bring dogs to the first session.  Just paper and pencil. Dd22 & Co are stopping by for lunch and to pick up camping gear.  I hope the forecast clears up for them.  This afternoon I hope to bring the girls to a store to find an Easter dress and to REI.

Coffee!

• Like 4

Morning, Happy Saturday.   I slept in a little bit (after getting up to let dog out then going back to bed), I'm doing laundry and thinking about cleaning but I still have 8 of my WTM tabs open to read threads.    When mom calls that she's on her way over, I'll give the bathroom a quick wipe down.   

• Like 4

I'm trying to tidy up the house a wee bit and clean a very little bit.  Meh.  But it's for a good cause - friends are coming over tonight.  

All of dd's friends are traveling for spring break and she is sad to be home and bored.  I should give her something to do <grin> but I'm not young and tough anymore.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Mom is still here but we're just relaxing with our respective screens on the couch.  She's looking at RVs that she could park in our driveway and live there when she sells her house.  She hates her house and her neighborhood and this seems like it could be a viable option.  

We sat outside for hours enjoying the fresh air, the quiet, the birds, and the river. Had nice salads for lunch, then ordered pizza for dinner for us and the kids.   It's been pleasant and she seems to appreciate getting out of her house for a little while. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wheres Toto said:

Mom is still here but we're just relaxing with our respective screens on the couch.  She's looking at RVs that she could park in our driveway and live there when she sells her house.  She hates her house and her neighborhood and this seems like it could be a viable option.  

If you have nosey neighbors, you might check town regulations on the RV living situation.  One of our neighbors was reported for having an RV on their property that they just used sometimes for extra office space or whatever.  No one was actually "living" in it.  They lost their case in court. 🙁

10 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

Wouldn't it be nice if construction/renovation got done in nice, orderly 8-4 M-F type hours?

Yeah, they're not doing that. Some days they come and some days they don't; some days they arrive at 9 AM and others at 1:30 PM; some days they're gone by 3 and others they're still here when we have to take our masks off because dinner's ready. Some days I can see what they accomplished and others I... like, really? Two people were here for 4 hours and the only visible difference is 1 piece of beadboard hung (but not painted)?

Shower walls are up. Floor is down (but not grouted) except the shower. Vanity/sink/countertop is in (but no knobs or faucet). New ceiling fan is in.

Not done yet: Ceiling (will be scraped and painted); most beadboard for the walls; shower floor, showerhead & handle; glass (goes in last); toilet is still out on the screened porch (obvs needs floor finished); hang towel bars & medicine cabinet.

I just want it D O N E.

You're not working with a good crew. Every crew my husband has worked on had a time to be at work (usually 8am), and a time to leave. The last crew my husband worked with (2 weeks ago) had workers that were too slack with time, and he left them after 3 weeks.

• Like 4

Dog obedience class did not happen.  I got there and the trainer said today's class had been cancelled.  Apparently I wasn't on the email/text list for notification.  🙄

Dd22 & Co. came and had lunch and visited for a bit.  I think they get a kick out of our whacky family and extra whacky pup.

After that, dh took dd18 out to a couple places to do her senior photos while I took the Two Youngest to Goodwill where we found a nice Easter dress for dd12 and then to REI for backpacking stuff.  They were out of pretty much everything we were looking for.  Even women's medium socks.  We did manage to get 4 pairs of good hiking socks and 2 silk liners - if not for the 10% sock discount, 20% 1 item discount, and our REI dividends, it would have cost a small fortune.  Like over $100.  Un. Freaking. Believable.  

Thunderboomers have started back up.  Dd22 & Co. fortunately decided against camping tonight.  We've gotten over 3 inches of rain already just today.  I better check our neighbor Bob's back yard and make sure the creek isn't overflowing it's banks.

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

I finished Seeking Allah, Finding Jesus and next I might try Ready, Player Two. I should probably re-read Ready, Player One.  Except I don't want to.

I had a revelation today regarding hot flashes.  I have been sleeping better the past couple nights and realized it seems to be a lack of hot flashes.  I also haven't taken my vitamin D for the past couple days, as I am supposed to stop all vitamin supplements before my surgery.  I looked it up, and sure enough, vitamin D can cause hormone fluctuations which cause the hot flashes.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

If you have nosey neighbors, you might check town regulations on the RV living situation.  One of our neighbors was reported for having an RV on their property that they just used sometimes for extra office space or whatever.  No one was actually "living" in it.  They lost their case in court. 🙁

Yeah, we know the situation for our town.  We wouldn't have even been able to have it in our driveway until we got rid of dh's boat.   Our next door neighbor actually has an RV in his driveway that someone is living in.   We are on a dead end street in a dead end neighborhood so there are limited people who would see enough to be aware (there are literally two houses that could even see our driveway at all and only about 6 total on our 1/2 mile long street).  It would technically be a risk but not much of one.  

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Wheres Toto said:

Yeah, we know the situation for our town.  We wouldn't have even been able to have it in our driveway until we got rid of dh's boat.   Our next door neighbor actually has an RV in his driveway that someone is living in.   We are on a dead end street in a dead end neighborhood so there are limited people who would see enough to be aware (there are literally two houses that could even see our driveway at all and only about 6 total on our 1/2 mile long street).  It would technically be a risk but not much of one.  

Sounds like a plan!

Or, "I love it when a plan comes together!" 😂

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2

Good morning! A Blessed Palm Sunday to you!

It has stopped raining.  We got about 7 inches.  Creek is high, but not over it's banks at this point.  Getting ready for church and Sunday school, then bringing ds16 for a scout hike.  No other major plans for today.  Except nap. And

Coffee!

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

A Blessed Palm Sunday to you all!!

Church this morning!!

Baby gives her testimony for baptism this evening. Baptism will be on Easter Sunday.

Woke up early this morning. Lily-cat avoided being let out last night and walked across my feet at 5:30am. Never did fall back asleep.

• Like 4