Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dd10’s Lego set came!  A big set from the “Elves” series that she has been drooling over for a ling time. She bought it with her own money, mostly earned from busking. 

The wedding this afternoon only has one “last minute” request - 1000 Years from a Twilight movie or something. We’ve played it for other weddings, so not a big deal.  After this, I can buy my own Lego set!  Or pay for Scout camp. 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

Dd10’s Lego set came!  A big set from the “Elves” series that she has been drooling over for a ling time. She bought it with her own money, mostly earned from busking. 

The wedding this afternoon only has one “last minute” request - 1000 Years from a Twilight movie or something. We’ve played it for other weddings, so not a big deal.  After this, I can buy my own Lego set!  Or pay for Scout camp. 

Or get a mani-pedi and a new outfit!!!

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

May your quartet leader keep her music in order!  😳😁😊

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Survived my phone call.  We are meeting at the Museum of Natural History in NYC next weekend.   Dd is thrilled.   I figure having something like the museum to walk around and look at things will keep it from being awkward.

Don't think I"m going to make it to visit my dad today.  I feel slightly better, although still achy stomach, but there's no way I'll stay awake on the hour long drive up to the boonies and back again.  I barely slept last night and feel like I could fall asleep in my chair at any moment.  I guess I should also be careful in case I do have a mild stomach bug.  Probably a bad idea to visit a rehab/assisted living facility.   I'll give him a call later on (ugh, another phone call).  

Going over to my mom's for corned beef and cabbage tomorrow.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

May your quartet leader keep her music in order!  😳😁😊

Amen!  I got here 45 minutes early because it’s in The Big City and I was worried about finding parking. So I’m sitting here in the van.  I just saw her go in. Imma wait a few more minutes and let her get things situated. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

🎉 Happy Nirthday, Matt! 🎉

He says "I'm one year away from being halfway through my 30s." When he turned 30 it was "I'm 1/3 of the way to being old." At 25 he was "A quarter of a century old." Age is such a thing with him. I never know how old I am.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The wedding went pretty well.  MUCH less stressful than last week's, and my esophagus didn't spasm and I ate dinner!  The only hitch in the wedding was when the bride was coming in, and we got to the end of the song at the perfect time, but Cello Lady didn't notice that the bride was already at the front, and went back to repeat the chorus of 1000 Years.  Oh well.  Extra music.  Also, the wedding wa scheduled to start an hour later than we were told.  Not sure how this happens, but there it is.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Morning. I'm still half asleep. I'm dreading next week because of all the travel and early mornings, and I need my caffeine. Going to do some work on a synopsis for a story I have in first draft form.  My stomach will be rolling all week. Sigh.

How's Juliet this morning? I missed all the dog trouble!

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!!!!~D

Sunday!!!

Church!!!

Birthday lunch with the Grandparents for DD1 and DS. I’ll be serving sandwiches and broccoli-cheddar soup. And I made turtle cheesecake for dessert. We’ll see how that turns out. I have never made it before, and I made 1.5 recipes and put it in a 9x13 pan instead of a pie plate. Nothing like experimenting for company.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

There’s an ambulance at the neighbor’s house. The lights aren’t flashing..... they just pushed their gurney back in without anyone on it. I guess everything is ok. Neighbor’s adult child pulled up a few minutes ago.

Ambulance left. 

One thing I love about our new house is the abundance of conveniently placed windows facing the front. Our old house had two smallish windows and they weren’t very useful because they weren’t well placed and you didn’t have a panoramic view of the street because the garage was poking out.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2

I'm thinking of trying intermittant fasting again.  It appears that tea with bone broth doesn't irritate my stomach.  But does that void the fasting?  I'm not sure I understand all the rules.   

It's almost warm enough to switch to iced tea and that I know I can drink without honey or anything else added. :  

ETA:  A fasting booya.  I guess that's better than a cramping booya.

Edited by Where's Toto?
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I'm thinking of trying intermittant fasting again.  It appears that tea with bone broth doesn't irritate my stomach.  But does that void the fasting?  I'm not sure I understand all the rules.   

It's almost warm enough to switch to iced tea and that I know I can drink without honey or anything else added. :  

ETA:  A fasting booya.  I guess that's better than a cramping booya.

Yes, that's fine if it's good bone broth (no sugar). Ask me anything after you read what I sent. If I don't know the answer I'll know where to find it.

• Like 2

I had something yummy at a friend's house tonight - corned beef, sauerkraut, and swiss cheese rolled in pizza crust dough and baked.  Served with thousand island dressing.  Super yummy!  

Our St. Patrick's Day dinner was corned beef & cabbage with boxty cakes and mustard sauce.  It was particularly easy since I didn't actually make boxty cakes (like potato pancakes) and just baked hash browns instead.  Corned beef cooked in the instant pot.  Very yummy.  https://www.eatlikenoone.com/corned-beef-cabbage-with-boxty-cakes-mustard-sauce.htm

• Like 3

I started typing up a weekly planners for the kids and they keep not looking at them.   Ds had a question about what to do and I AGAIN mentioned about the planner.  He just looked at it "wow, this is actually kind of helpful".  Gee, ya think?

Running late this morning because dh's car was dropped off for repair and I had to drive him to work.  Stopped for breakfast sandwiches on the way, after getting up a little later than planned.   But, today's first class is done on tablets (Scratch Jr) so not much set-up, so not really in a hurry.   Will still get to the science center at least 30 minutes before class.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

I started typing up a weekly planners for the kids and they keep not looking at them.   Ds had a question about what to do and I AGAIN mentioned about the planner.  He just looked at it "wow, this is actually kind of helpful".  Gee, ya think?

Running late this morning because dh's car was dropped off for repair and I had to drive him to work.  Stopped for breakfast sandwiches on the way, after getting up a little later than planned.   But, today's first class is done on tablets (Scratch Jr) so not much set-up, so not really in a hurry.   Will still get to the science center at least 30 minutes before class.

I'm not sure whether to post a crying emo or a laughing one.  (This is when I think, Could I have PTSD from motherhood?  kidding/not kidding.)

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Do you know for sure if you need course descriptions?  I think a lot of places just want to check the box on the transcript and then see that the test score meets requirements.  

ETA:  To answer your question about transcript services, I've never used one.  So far, I've just used excel.  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Good morning!  I'm having a leisurely, quiet morning in bed, taking my supplements and having coffee.  Dc are still sleeping.  Well, hopefully, since ds32 just used the blender to mix his morning shake and the windows are open so the front door sorta slammed as he left.  No one has spoken to me yet, though, so that may be a good sign.

I'm so bad at coming up with words to describe things!  I posted the question about transcripts on the forum, but my biggest issue is course description!  We use such an eclectic mix of curricula for dd, based on her needs, etc., and it's been a long time since I even looked up what each grade SHOULD include, since we just do the next thing.  I really need help

This is from our Umbrella program - they do transcripts for us, but the course guide might be helpful.

http://homelifeacademy.com/academics/high-school/high-school-planning-course-guide/

2 hours ago, Where's Toto? said:

Just point. I have two children with ADD (ages 8 and 34) and when they ask what they're supposed to be doing I point to the list. If they ask how to do it I point to the directions. I will probably be pointing to planners soon.

• Like 3