Menu

Ignore this thread!

It was 74 degrees in my classroom today.  And stifling with no air movement.  I actually ended up turning on the AC.  Not very high, set for 71.  Just enough to get some air movement since it was making me feel light headed.

One more class and then during teen hangout I have a ton of cleaning to do.  One class did bubbles (which I don't think counts as dirty but sure was messy), but the next one did blubber and the last one is doing hydrophobic sand.  So my current mess is just going to get worse in the next hour.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Another Lynn said:

i tired.  

Me too. I am so befuddled from lack of sleep that I got stuck on DD’s sweet potato chips. My brain could not process sweet potato as a thing. I was thinking sweet as opposed to salty potato chips. Dd is laughing at how very out of it I am. 

Trying to grade algebra in that state was cruel and unusual punishment. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Susan in TN said:

What's the catch?  There has to be a catch.

Finished the massive pile of dishes, now I'm sitting with the turtle while he eats in his feeding tank.  It keeps his main tank cleaner to feed him separately.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I think that’s it!! I even saw Rocco and Roderigo running around changing towels on the beach chairs.

And this is an ITT Island Booya/h. Where we all wish we could be right now.

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So, we had a nice morning. Took all three girls to the dentist, even though one girl dodn’t Have an appointment. But they saw here there and said they had a cancelation that morning and would third girl like to have her cleaning this morning instead of in two weeks? Sure, why not.  Then we went to the library and saw the Crazy Museum Lady (our small town has a very small historical museum that is open twice a week and this awesome lady volunteer walks around town in a crazy get up advertising the museum. She is a hoot.) and she convinced us to visit the museum. Didn’t take a lot of convincing on my part because it was 10:30 and I was not even close to looking forward to cracking the whip on schoolwork when we got home. So, we went to the museum, called it a field trip, came home and wrote little essays about the field trip and that is school today. Whew!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Wow. That’s cheap for an entire island. Right?  

I think so.  Can't exactly tell, but it looks to me like the cabins and things are on the mainland and the small islands are part of the property.

1 hour ago, Where's Toto? said:

What's the catch?  There has to be a catch.

Could be that the owners made a go at running a resort and gave up.  We have a ton of ITT staff who would be able to handle any issues that arise, though.

23 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I think that’s it!! I even saw Rocco and Roderigo running around changing towels on the beach chairs.

And this is an ITT Island Booya/h. Where we all wish we could be right now.

And they're getting the umbrella drinks ready!  Using solar-powered blenders!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just pulled the trigger on a new pair of $160 sneakers.  My old Brooks aren't as cushioned as they used to be and since I'm on my feet all day, I'm starting to feel it.  My back hurts, knees hurt and plantar fasciitis is showing up again.  

Over 10,000 steps today without trying.  About 8,000 just from classes, then one trip to Walmart and two trips to Target.  Although the Target trips didn't go farther than the service desk.  We picked up a patio table and chair that were on order, then had to run back because we ended up leaving the hardware packet behind.  We had to take it out of the box to get it in the car and dh and the guy helping swore they checked the box and there was nothing more in it.  Whoops to them.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

Just pulled the trigger on a new pair of $160 sneakers.  My old Brooks aren't as cushioned as they used to be and since I'm on my feet all day, I'm starting to feel it.  My back hurts, knees hurt and plantar fasciitis is showing up again.  

Over 10,000 steps today without trying.  About 8,000 just from classes, then one trip to Walmart and two trips to Target.  Although the Target trips didn't go farther than the service desk.  We picked up a patio table and chair that were on order, then had to run back because we ended up leaving the hardware packet behind.  We had to take it out of the box to get it in the car and dh and the guy helping swore they checked the box and there was nothing more in it.  Whoops to them.

What do you wear? I used to wear Glycerins :wub: but switched to something else for my back.

19 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

He wants to eat a live rat???

Dead rat. It's safer for the snake, more humane for the rat and super fun to be grossed out every time I open my freezer.

Edited by Slache
Save the kittehs!
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Where's Toto? said:

My expensive sneakers have a 100% return guarantee for the first three months of wear. No questions asked. 

• Like 2

My house no longer looks like a slob lives here after I finished vacuuming. It looks like a messy cluttered person lives here but not a slob. My friend who loves me no matter what is coming tomorrow. I didn’t have to clean up for her but I like to take advantage of the motivation. But now I am dead. (It’s ok- Whitehawk- I’m not really dead). 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Slache said:

What do you wear? I used to wear Glycerins :wub: but switched to something else for my back.

Dead rat. It's safer for the snake, more humane for the rat and super fun to be grossed out every time I open my freezer.

I got the Ariel 18 this time.  They didn't have my old ones in my size.    Previously I had Adrenalines.  Not sure what my current ones are since the order isn't coming up in my Amazon list.  

I have about 50 frozen mice in the bottom of my freezer.  Our previous order came double bagged and they were more translucent than transparent.  These came single bagged and you really can't miss what they are.    Our snake finally shed over the weekend and I put off feeding her to bring her to class on Monday.  I had already postponed Reptiles a week waiting for her to shed.  We brought her home today so we could feed her since she hasn't eaten in about 2 weeks (it took her a really LOOOOONG time to shed).  Three thawed mice and she sniffed at them and didn't eat.   We'll try again at the weekend.

• Like 4

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Happy Spring!!!!!

The Kids have Enrichment Academy this morning!!! It’s Career Day, so DH is going and will talk about being a mechanical engineer. DSmade a very nice slide show of the machines DH’s company makes. They make man-lifts for construction sites.

Piano lessons this afternoon. Awana tonight.

• Like 4

Nuts.  I forgot to stop at the bank.

The Kroger bakery had some packages of naan on clearance plus 75-cent off coupons!  And they had some "discontinued" organic ketchup on clearance with 50-cent coupons!   

I think I have everything needed for our day of hiking on Saturday.  Dh said he would dig out the roasting sticks and campfire pie irons from the garage.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1