Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

I waaaaaay overslept this morning!!! I guess it doesn’t matter. Yesterday was definitely not a day of rest, so I guess I needed it.

Please pray for DH’s mom. She was taken to the hospital last week, she’s got blood clots on the lungs and some nodules they biopsied, but do not have results yet. She’s got some sort of autoimmune disease, and they are worried about infection. She is still in the hospital, but she’s got a bed open at some sort of rehab place, but then on the other hand they are saying that they are relaxing their visitors protocol so grandchildren can come visit her because her condition is serious. She’s 82 years old.

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

One of my sisters is in town for a couple of days. Y'all should understand that my parents were divorced when I was a baby, and I did not know my father had remarried and had children until I was about 21. I didn't meet this sister in person until last year, although we have talked on the phone (there's actually a much longer story, which maybe I'll spin for you some day). So last night was the first time ever, in my whole life, that I, the only daughter of my mother and the only granddaughter, introduced someone as my sister. ❤️

Sadly, she's having some serious marital issues, and since she lives in NC and I live here, I won't be able to do much except listen and maybe once in awhile offer some advice if she wants it, so there's that.

Anyway, we might be getting together later today.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, Ellie said:

One of my sisters is in town for a couple of days. Y'all should understand that my parents were divorced when I was a baby, and I did not know my father had remarried and had children until I was about 21. I didn't meet this sister in person until last year, although we have talked on the phone (there's actually a much longer story, which maybe I'll spin for you some day). So last night was the first time ever, in my whole life, that I, the only daughter of my mother and the only granddaughter, introduced someone as my sister. ❤️

Sadly, she's having some serious marital issues, and since she lives in NC and I live here, I won't be able to do much except listen and maybe once in awhile offer some advice if she wants it, so there's that.

:wub:

3 hours ago, Ellie said:

That’s really cool, Ellie!!

I MISSED THE ANNIVERSARY!!

Sorry, guys, but here I am to say hello! Let's see...

I roasted a leg of lamb from one of my own farm-raised lambs yesterday but I'm afraid to say so on my FB page because I'm afraid I'll get attacked by anti-meat forces.

I'm way way way behind with all my work.

I spent the morning taking pictures of goat rears and emailing them to the vet.

We're having work done on our bathroom and I haven't had a bath in three weeks. (SHOWERS, people, SHOWERS, I'm not a barbarian, I just miss my soak.)

Anyone want to see a goat-bottom picture??

swb

4 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

I roasted a leg of lamb from one of my own farm-raised lambs yesterday but I'm afraid to say so on my FB page because I'm afraid I'll get attacked by anti-meat forces.

We're having work done on our bathroom and I haven't had a bath in three weeks. (SHOWERS, people, SHOWERS, I'm not a barbarian, I just miss my soak.)

swb

HI Susan!  So lovely to see you!  You're a real farmer now, you're going to miss a few important dates here and there, making hay while the sunshines, so on and so forth.  May your bathroom be finished quickly and your goats kid before midnight!  (Is that why you're taking goat bottom pictures?  They're getting ready for.... it's really hard for me not to say lambing or foaling.....) 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

swb

Goat bottom pictures are so ITT. 

I don’t know if you know this but the ITTism for taking a bath or shower is “washing the goat “. So you fit in on multiple ways!!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

On 3/17/2019 at 1:44 PM, Slache said:

I'm playing the best game. I call it "eat all the food that we're not allowed to eat on keto."

Did you see my Keto joke? "I do the Hispanic Keto. Un po-Keto de todo."

Even my husband laughed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Also, without you, SWB, at the MidWest HS Conference, I'm not seeing a lot of speakers that will help me.  I've come up with my own "track."

The "Burnt Out Just Need to Get Away" Track:

How to survive Daylight Savings Time (hint: plan your spring break strategically)

Housekeeping for the domestically challenged (hint: just renovate instead....)

Don't buy that shiny new curriculum – you already own it!

When coffee is not enough.... (that insulated mug works just as well for cold drinks too!)

Three choices for the burnt out Mom: outsourcing, unschooling, and the padded cell.

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

swb

You are safe here to say you've eaten the meat you raised. Congrats!

How can anyone possibly say NO to a goat-bottom picture???

• Like 2

Today’s crazy homeschooler update. At DD’s dental appointment this morning the hygienist told us in all seriousness that homeschooling was illegal in high school. Then she asked how I used the public school assigned materials. We tried to explain but I don’t think that she even began to understand our brand of craziness. 

She then asked dd what language she was learning and started to talk to us in Japanese. I have to admit that I had a little bit of trouble understanding Japanese with an Indian accent. Just different than what I am used to. 

It’s a crazy “illegal “ homeschooler booyah. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

26 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

swb

Goat butts are very welcome here. This is a place where poopaerobics is a recognized fitness activity.

I❤️this place.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Hi, Susan!  So happy to see you!  Your visit might be belated, but you're here and that's all that matters!!  

We would love goat pictures!   And being behind in work is at ITT thing, I believe!

Glad you at least have a shower, but I'm with you on the baths!  I usually announce my bath time here!

Thanks for stopping by!

Our family hasn't had a bath in years. Mostly because of the shower set-up...😅

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

38 minutes ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

swb

I *TOTALLY* want to see goat bottoms.

• Like 3

Sometimes I wish I had more...... I don’t know what you call it.... sense, presence of mind.... something. We had a strange happening here and now I think.... why didn’t I do something. So, this car comes into our cup-de-sac, pauses in front of our house for a minute or two, takes picture on a phone and leaves. I watched this whole thing happen and I was just watching, wondering what they were going to do. And now i’m Thinking.... uhhhhh, why didn’t you take their picture? License plate?? I just watched them.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Sometimes I wish I had more...... I don’t know what you call it.... sense, presence of mind.... something. We had a strange happening here and now I think.... why didn’t I do something. So, this car comes into our cup-de-sac, pauses in front of our house for a minute or two, takes picture on a phone and leaves. I watched this whole thing happen and I was just watching, wondering what they were going to do. And now i’m Thinking.... uhhhhh, why didn’t you take their picture? License plate?? I just watched them.

<<Krissi>>

You simply watched because you're a kind and decent human being. Your automatic assumption is that others are, too, so you just watched. What you are lacking is cynicism, and that's not a bad thing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Today’s crazy homeschooler update. At DD’s dental appointment this morning the hygienist told us in all seriousness that homeschooling was illegal in high school. Then she asked how I used the public school assigned materials. We tried to explain but I don’t think that she even began to understand our brand of craziness. 

She then asked dd what language she was learning and started to talk to us in Japanese. I have to admit that I had a little bit of trouble understanding Japanese with an Indian accent. Just different than what I am used to. 

It’s a crazy “illegal “ homeschooler booyah. 

You should have really freaked her out and said, “shhh, not so loud. They’ll hear you.” And looked around furtively while you started reaching for the tin-foil hat you have hidden in your purse.😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

There is a good chance that this was a realtor putting together a “these houses sold recently in your area” flyer. 

ETA:  or if your homeowners insurance is being updated with the new house it could have been an appraiser. 

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3

Good evening!

Happy Monday!

I was out of town all weekend visiting my dad in the hospital.  He looked better this morning than he did on Friday.  He has a trach and is unable to speak, but he can move his head to indicate yes or no, smile, and thumbs up.  Today he tried voicing, but I'm not very good at reading lips.  I did understand "drive careful" when I told him I was going to come home today.

Edited by Junie
know and no are not exactly the same. ;)
  • Like 5

11 minutes ago, Junie said:

Good evening!

Happy Monday!

I was out of town all weekend visiting my dad in the hospital.  He looked better this morning than he did on Friday.  He has a trach and is unable to speak, but he can move his head to indicate yes or know, smile, and thumbs up.  Today he tried voicing, but I'm not very good at reading lips.  I did understand "drive careful" when I told him I was going to come home today.

(((Junie)))  So glad you had a good visit with your Dad!!  💓

• Like 2

It was a pretty good Monday.   Classes went well, 4-H we played with bubbles.   Bed soon because have to get up early because we still just have one car.  Kids don't come until lunchtime tomorrow so dh is dropping me off on his way to work and he goes in EARLY.   Like 7:30am.  I'm bringing tea bags and oatmeal to eat at the science center.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

So, tonight I wrote letters to the businesses that had already signed up as exhibitors for our convention. It just made me sick. BJUP wanted *four* booths. A homeschool store from Houston wanted one (I was thrilled that they were coming over here for the convention). Teaching Textbooks wanted two.  It was going to be a small exhibit hall, but it was going to have a good variety of exhibitors.

::cries big alligator tears::

• Sad 6

7 hours ago, Susan Wise Bauer said:

swb

Yes to the goat bottoms!  My 4 year-old DS would be especially delighted. 

And yay for bathroom improvements and for leg of lamb and for stopping by to say hello (belated or otherwise)! 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Ellie said:

So, tonight I wrote letters to the businesses that had already signed up as exhibitors for our convention. It just made me sick. BJUP wanted *four* booths. A homeschool store from Houston wanted one (I was thrilled that they were coming over here for the convention). Teaching Textbooks wanted two.  It was going to be a small exhibit hall, but it was going to have a good variety of exhibitors.

::cries big alligator tears::

Maybe I can go next year and have a booth. And visit you again. 😄 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning!

Happy Tuesday!

I've been trying to get rid of a headache for two days now.  I've got to figure out what work the kids accomplished without me on Friday and Monday and then make their new assignment sheets.  And I have to figure out what food is still in the house and make plans for dinner.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1