Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm up late. Hi. School, housework, dancing and work. Maybe I'll dance at work. That will annoy Pastor.

I am hungry.

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

My Aunt is throwing my mom a birthday luncheon today. I am invited, so I will go. Her birthday is tomorrow. She will be 80. She doesn’t look close to being 80.

Happy birthday mom!

46 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Why is it so stinkin’ dark in the morning?? Whenever people on tv commercials wake up in the morning it’s fully light out. This is not right.

I know. I shift the kids schedules an hour every fall or they're cranky.

• Like 2

• Replies 216.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

I was well enough to go to the laundromat!

The new dryer bits should be here tomorrow, but IDK when DH will have time to make it go. Possibly not until Sunday (because he is taking DS to the campout Friday afternoon through Saturday night). And then if it still doesn't go, we will go buy a new one.

I'm hoping I still feel this well later, because then I can finally make the dinner I've wanted to make since Saturday (stuffed tomatoes). ?

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I am having glute spasms.  That might be tmi.

I guess you could practice kegel-ing in time to the spasms and get a full pelvic workout.

Sorry, that sounds un-fun.  Our bodies can be such weird things.

ETA: Accidental body weirdness Booyah

Edited by prairiewindmomma
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

Someone complimented my hip extensors today. 

Thankfully it was during physical therapy. She was checking the balance of my overall body strength. I really like my physical therapist because she knows that I'm short on time and gives me a home program that works multiple things at once so I can be done with my exercises in ten minutes.  She was also cool about stretching out my appointments so I only came in a couple of times a month to keep costs down. I "graduated" today, but she set me up with a good home program.  I feel like I should have a healthy cupcake to celebrate, right?!!  Five more days on steroids. If I survive the food cravings and don't gain 20#, that will be success. I'm having a handful of nuts and then I need to get back to grading pre-calc and chemistry.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I don't think that I told you guys that yesterday morning we got the three musketeer puppies together:  Juliet, her boxer bff and their enormous German Shepherd puppy friend.  Juliet tried to politely divide her time between her two friends but her bestie was so jealous of the GSD and kept barking at her to warn her off from playing with her Juliet.  The GSD was confused and just wanted to play. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

I'm having 3am insomnia as well, which is not usual for me.  Or hasn't been in a while.  Maybe it happens every fall?  I can't remember.  

We had bacon-tomato avocado toast for lunch.  The kids liked it.  Because bacon.

I am having to make my brain stop shouting at me all the things that need to be done so I can just do the thing in front of me.  How is it 12:30 already?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

The bunnies think that Libby is a bunny-sized agility obstacle.  If she's standing, they go under her tummy like through a tunnel.  If she's lying down, they hop or climb over her.  Libby seems oblivious to it all.  Or maybe she just doesn't mind. 

Never mind "anything a cat can do to a ladder," a preposition is the relationship between a rabbit and a dog.

• Like 3

I'm feeling a lot better today.  Still achy - well, I'm always achy so I should say still a bit more achy than usual.  But nothing like yesterday.  I'm now wondering if I was glutened at the meeting on Sunday.  Someone brought homemade gf cookies.  Very yummy but I didn't even think about the fact that one of them had oats in them.  Oats are "technically" gluten free but because of cross contamination, aren't usually in reality.  Unless you get the expensive gf oats which I kind of doubt that she used.  Or it could have just been a fibro flare from a super long day plus the change in seasons which always messes me up. 

• Like 6

I made as much food for lunch for the boys as I normally do for the whole family. It’s all gone and they are scrounging for more. ? 

I shouldn’t be surprised. This morning, Ds’s wrists were hanging out three inches beyond the sleeve of his coat (that I bought in February when he outgrew his previous coat).

Do their appetites slow down at some point?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I made as much food for lunch for the boys as I normally do for the whole family. It’s all gone and they are scrounging for more. ? 

I shouldn’t be surprised. This morning, Ds’s wrists were hanging out three inches beyond the sleeve of his coat (that I bought in February when he outgrew his previous coat).

Do their appetites slow down at some point?

When they move out and start paying for their own food.

• Haha 4

I hadn't wanted to leave the house today, because cold rain, but I had an appointment to do the nails, so I did. They're now beautiful, and I want to put on my flannel jammies and schlep around the house. Sadly, I have to cook dinner, because Mr. Ellie, but he's going out tonight, and so I'll be working on the scrapbooks wearing the flannel jammies, so there's that.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mama25angels said:

I only did a few of the things today, very few!

1 hour ago, prairiewindmomma said:

I made five dozen pumpkin chocolate chip muffins for snack. Hopefully some of these tide over to breakfast. 

1 hour ago, maize said:

I voted.

I just had a 2 hour meeting with my charter school teacher. (Insert svengo Guy)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I've been pulling clothes out of a trash bag for ds11 this week.  The cold hit too fast for me.

A few days ago I instructed ds13 to go through the clothes boxes that were in his closet and look for winter clothes that will fit him.  He said he did that.  Today I went to his room and found the boxes sitting out, but clearly the clothes inside the boxes had not been disturbed in the least.  :dry:

• Haha 3

Did some scrapbooking, and tidied up Aunt Brittie's bedroom, which is a catch-all for my hula costumes and random photo album stuff. Said bad words to the kittehs because they've torn up the carpet at the doorway when I had the door closed and they wanted to get in.  ?  Apologized in my head to people who have said that their pets destroyed something and I couldn't figure out how they let that happen.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Slache said:

Remember that time there was a wasp over my head at work and instead of killing it Matt just tapped it twice in my direction with a pile of paper so I killed him?

Matt or the wasp?

11 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I just had a 2 hour meeting with my charter school teacher. (Insert svengo Guy)

??  Trophy, chocolate, all the treats!

10 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

I plan to eat multiple times a day. 

Brilliant!  I approve this message!

8 hours ago, Paige said:

I just sent a very polite cranky-gram to one of DS's teachers. 

People keep forgetting that he cannot hear. He looks like he can hear and acts like he can hear, but hearing aids don't correct hearing like glasses correct vision. 

Go, Paige go!  You're a good mom!

• Like 3