Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm annoyed. 
I bought cute shoes yesterday to wear with my new shirt. I wore them to church, then Sam's Club. We were going to take the kid to Wonders of Wildlife since we haven't been in a few months, but the shoes gave me awful blisters. ? I had even planned ahead and brought tennis shoes to wear since it takes at least 3 hours to walk throug WoW, but I couldn't even cut it with the tennis shoes. So, DH said we had to come home. 
#losermomaward #blisterssuck #Ijustwantedcuteshoes

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

22 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

I took ds11 to his class, and while there I walked about 2 miles and did some weights.

Then I came home and ordered pizzas.  Pizza Hut and Papa Johns keep having the $7.99 large pizza special.  And I knew I won't be cooking tomorrow.  Now everyone can choose pizza or tacos or sandwiches or cereal or ramen, etc., for tonight and both meals tomorrow.

Brilliant!  

• Like 1

Just now, Slache said:

Apparently one of our members fell into The Grand Canyon at 9 and clung to the side while climbers came down to rescue him. This in now way increases my desire to go to The Grand Canyon.

If you stay on the well marked paths and don’t go beyond the well maintained barriers, there is no way you can fall into the Grand Canyon. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Slache said:

Apparently one of our members fell into The Grand Canyon at 9 and clung to the side while climbers came down to rescue him. This in now way increases my desire to go to The Grand Canyon.

9 minutes ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

If you stay on the well marked paths and don’t go beyond the well maintained barriers, there is no way you can fall into the Grand Canyon. 

I hate the Grand Canyon. Even when I stayed on the well marked paths, behind the well-maintained barriers I got dizzy and hoped I wouldn’t succumb to a bout of temporary insanity and throw myself over the edge.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Slache said:

16 minutes ago, Slache said:

I think Alex would try really, really hard.

15 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

I hate the Grand Canyon. Even when I stayed on the well marked paths, behind the well-maintained barriers I got dizzy and hoped I wouldn’t succumb to a bout of temporary insanity and throw myself over the edge.

13 minutes ago, Slache said:

Yeah, see. This.

This is why they make picture books.  And the internet.  You can see all you need either place.  No need to go.  You're welcome.  

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, Junie said:

:svengo:

so.much.work.

Good for you for making it -- seriously --  but just reading the recipe would exhaust me.

I am a lazy (and grumpy) cook.

I hear ya, sister.  I am loathe to make even a traditional lasagna.  I use jarred sauce, skip the meat, don't precook noodles or anything, and just layer a bunch of vegetables and stuff.  If I call it lasagna, then lasagna it is.  :ph34r:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I hear ya, sister.  I am loathe to make even a traditional lasagna.  I use jarred sauce, skip the meat, don't precook noodles or anything, and just layer a bunch of vegetables and stuff.  If I call it lasagna, then lasagna it is.  :ph34r:

We buy pre-made lasagnas. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Slache said:

Gf? Which one? We are pre-made lasagna people. I'm not a chef and it's not worth the 53¢ you save to make it yourself.

Unfortunately, no.  ?

And I can't be in the house while it's cooking, so we like to keep one in the freezer for an easy meal for dh to make if I'm out all day.

• Sad 1

5 minutes ago, Slache said:

Gf? Which one? We are pre-made lasagna people. I'm not a chef and it's not worth the 53¢ you save to make it yourself.

If you can find this in your grocery store, it's pretty good.  They also make a vegetable version.  These are more expensive than your lasagna, though.

• Thanks 1

We had waffles for dinner.  At a church small-group dinner.  Tater-tot waffles with sausage gravy, sweet potato waffles, "regular" gf  waffles, and regular waffles (I didn't try the last two).  I think the tater-tot and sweet potato waffles were also gluten free.  Lots of fresh berries and whipped cream.  :smile:

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I buy lasagna.

• Like 2

Stuff is still busy here and Baby hates when I'm on a phone or computer so I've been limiting my own screen time. As proof, even though I waited until midnight, as soon as I typed that sentence, Baby woke up screaming! How does he know?

Kids: started school and are less miserable than last year. 

The work on the basement is not happening. I'm not sure when we'll get our issues worked out. Can you fire a contractor halfway through? The insurance co has paid him half. On the plus side, we are learning a lot about how insurance and restoration projects work for the next time that hopefully never comes.

We've had a monkey wrench thrown into my trip planning- I won a trip to Hawaii! If they let Baby come...we might turn it down if they don't. I have to get something planned for the other kids, though. They are starting to believe we'll never take them anywhere because it's been almost 5 years since I told them I was going to collect and save up points to go somewhere. I need to go before DS turns 18 or he'll be a butt and won't go. 

• Like 5

Good morning. I haven't left the bed yet. For whatever reason I am not ready to face the day. Morning-itis.

There will be school today, but there may be a trip to the lake in there somewhere. It's cool out, and I want to enjoy it. But I feel so low. Mornings are not for the faint of heart. 

• Like 6