• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

There’s no point in reasoning with an adult who illogically blames you for their problems, right? Like, is it wrong to just refuse to engage at that point? My INFJness says I should be able to demonstrate reality to them with logical proofs so that the problem can be resolved, but I’m wondering if it’s really more like pissing in the wind.

Never argue with drunks or fools. You get nowhere.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Argh!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and Creedence Clearwater Revival! :D

The kids got me a gingerbread scented candle, a heart-shaped glass bowl, an m&m-filled plastic candy cane, bubbles, a round piece of bubblegum that will turn my mouth bright orange, and a reversible stuffed animal that dd11 made out of fluffy socks (it's a ladybug and turned inside out it's a bunny). :)

I'm still in my pjs and robe. Don't need pantz 'til after 3!

• Like 6

Lang zal ze leven, lang zal ze leven, lang zal ze leven in de gloria, in de glo-ri-a! in de glo-ri-a. Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! 

:party: Susan  :party:

(I hope dat I did the right number of hoera's)

• Like 4

Here’s a happy thought for the day. Ds knows he’s not really a baby anymore but he loves him some snuggles, so one of his his favorite games is “baby animals.†He is a baby puppy or kitty or bat or giraffe or elephant and I am him his mommy dog/cat/bat/giraffe/elephant who of course needs to hold her baby and stroke his fur and give him lots of smoochy snuggles while he makes little animal noises. :wub:

This is what your kids will remember.

#GreatMom

• Like 6

Argh!

Thanks for the birthday wishes and Creedence Clearwater Revival! :D

The kids got me a gingerbread scented candle, a heart-shaped glass bowl, an m&m-filled plastic candy cane, bubbles, a round piece of bubblegum that will turn my mouth bright orange, and a reversible stuffed animal that dd11 made out of fluffy socks (it's a ladybug and turned inside out it's a bunny). :)

I'm still in my pjs and robe. Don't need pantz 'til after 3!

What wonderful gifts!  

• Like 1

Lang zal ze leven, lang zal ze leven, lang zal ze leven in de gloria, in de glo-ri-a! in de glo-ri-a. Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! 

:party: Susan  :party:

:hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

• Like 1

I wonder how much it would cost to have someone paint (the inside of) my house? Maybe I'll return all the other stuff and get that instead.

More than $3,000, i'm thinking. We spent $200 at the hardware store just to get paint and supplies to paint 1 bedroom and we did all the work ourselves.😩

I’m so excited! I get to gift myself a root canal and crown for Christmas. Apparently they didn’t get all the nerve roots two decades back when I first had it done (different dentist), and I get to have it redone.

So now I get to work overtime for a tooth, rather than a new kitchen counter. Yay. :crying:

I'm so sorry, Ikslo.
  • Like 1

Y'all need to just stop talking about all your craftiness!! Sewing aprons! Embroidering! Martha, Martha, Martha!

I'm very crafty. But not in a Martha kind of way...  :leaving:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Now you know what you would spend Slache's $3000 on.   :glare:

I think that'd count as a bill. Now, if it were an actual crown, that'd be different. Renai, we need a crown for ikslo!

We went to the dentist yesterday. It was not pretty. Bad mom might have cried a lil when she heard how many cavities dd6 and dd9 have.

Get a second opinion. Celery's dentist said he had 3 cavities, and referred him to a pediatric dentist because Celery kept gagging too much. So, just a few weeks later, the pediatric dentist found 12 cavities. Now, here's the bad parent part... I then froze and didn't do anything for about a year, and then took him to a different pediatric dentist, which found 5 cavities. That was a few years ago, and since then he's had one or two more cavities, but 12 was a completely BS number. I mean, I get that counting cavities is somewhat subjective (at what point is a spot on the enamel weakened enough to warrant filling?), but still... 

Send it to me; I'll be happy to put it somewhere it won't bother you. #felpful

I think I've figured out how to send all of my moneys to my student loan people, but thanks anyway. I mean, I haven't done it yet... I should probably harass DW about it on her lunch break (I think she's working from home... not sure). 

and a reversible stuffed animal that dd11 made out of fluffy socks (it's a ladybug and turned inside out it's a bunny). :)

But were the socks brown?

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 4

Squishy dropped a Matchbox car in my coffee. I'm drinking it, anyway. 😎

But of course. Because #coffee

☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ‘☕ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ‘ðŸ‘💕💕💕💕💕☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸ðŸ’•ðŸ‘😜

There’s no point in reasoning with an adult who illogically blames you for their problems, right? Like, is it wrong to just refuse to engage at that point? My INFJness says I should be able to demonstrate reality to them with logical proofs so that the problem can be resolved, but I’m wondering if it’s really more like pissing in the wind.

That is correct.

Good Morning!!

COFFEE!!!☕ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸â˜•ï¸

It's waaaay later than my usual Good Morning post. But, I am up, took DS to school already. It's a gorgeous autumn morning, blue sky, trees are bright. I love this time of year.

Good morning, Sunshine!

1. Right.

2. No, although that usually makes them madder and they start getting their blood pressure to rise.

3. Yes, it is.

Then again, I may be projecting...

• Like 1

Lang zal ze leven, lang zal ze leven, lang zal ze leven in de gloria, in de glo-ri-a! in de glo-ri-a. Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera! Hieperdepiep, hoera!

:party: Susan :party:

:)

• Like 1

ETA: I found the answer using Google. 

Okay guys, I can't figure out the answer to a question in a 4-8th grade workbook, even with a thesaurus. Anyone want a challenge?

We're looking for a terse verse (in this case, with 2-syllable words), for:

a mean fight

In case anyone needs examples, a humorous rabbit is a funny bunny, and a high hill water spray is a mountain fountain. (Answers in white in case anyone wanted to figure them out too).

I've come up with tattle battle, which would be a mean fight, but tattle isn't an actual synonym for mean. (In white so y'all can contemplate the answer without getting stuck on that first)

Of course, the book doesn't have an answer key. 

Edited by luuknam
  • Like 1

Nod and smile. There’s no reasoning with crazy people. That’s my #2 motto after #nothingmatters

Excellent plan! Paige, Jean - you ready with your essence of unicorn?

How can a state not have a lab?

I don’t know how to unicorn. I have lost my glitter.

1 appointment down: DS can ditch his boot and wear a small brace, but he has to go to PT. Ugh!! I hate PT from DDs endless sessions and it means Baby and I have to go too.

Baby decided bottles are for schmucks. Hopefully he’ll like it better in a few hours.

Renai, Baby is practically a toddler now! You’ve been gone too long. :( But he’s a nice baby and forgives you for missing his birth.

• Like 6