Menu

Ignore this thread!

He gurgles?

Just go with it.

Latin is better!!

NO IT'S NOT!

It's a little bit like asking me what my favorite cookbook is.  I'd rather just go out.  But, I like Thinking In Threes.  I even like it better than cooking.

Spanks!
  • Like 3

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

The good news is that Dd10 has an appointment with a pediatric pulmonologist tomorrow morning at 8:30 am. The bad news is that we just got a past due $1200 medical bill that I've never seen before. :ack2: I'm gonna go hide for a while.

Ugh, Susan!!! I am sorry!!
  • Like 1

I got a call from another nice gentleman warning me about hackers. I couldn't catch his name, but he says he knows Kevin Smith from Salt Lake City and they work in the same office. He seemed surprised that Kevin didn't call me back after trying the cheese sauce recipe. In fact, I was so worried about the hackers escaping into my house that I wrapped the computer in chicken wire. But my commune reverend eventually made me take it off because, silly, if the hackers are small enough to fit into a computer, they can definitely squeeze through even several layers of chicken wire!

So I followed the guy's instructions on pressing buttons on my keyboard, but the only thing that showed up was the number 8675309. And I asked him if that sounded familiar or if he knew much American pop music from the 1980's. He said it was the hackers and I thought it was weird that hackers would use that particular song in their evil doing. So I sang a few lines and he tried to sing too, but it didn't sound anything like the song and I had to be upfront with him that he was a terrible singer. I played the song for him on YouTube and then said I'd have to call him back because with music this awesome you just know it's time for dancing!

• Like 7

I love going into a hot car in the summer after being in air conditioning. I like to sit a few minutes without the a/c on and let the heat sink deeply into my skin and feel warm in my bones. Nobody else seems to like it so I only get to do it if I'm alone. My family thinks I'm nuts!

54 and 60 in June?? No fun at all.

I actually do this after massages, even in the height of summer here.  It's like a dry(ish) sauna with more comfortable seating, and I can cool it down when I'm ready.

I would love to live in a more temperate climate again, however.

I got a call from another nice gentleman warning me about hackers. I couldn't catch his name, but he says he knows Kevin Smith from Salt Lake City and they work in the same office. He seemed surprised that Kevin didn't call me back after trying the cheese sauce recipe. In fact, I was so worried about the hackers escaping into my house that I wrapped the computer in chicken wire. But my commune reverend eventually made me take it off because, silly, if the hackers are small enough to fit into a computer, they can definitely squeeze through even several layers of chicken wire!

So I followed the guy's instructions on pressing buttons on my keyboard, but the only thing that showed up was the number 8675309. And I asked him if that sounded familiar or if he knew much American pop music from the 1980's. He said it was the hackers and I thought it was weird that hackers would use that particular song in their evil doing. So I sang a few lines and he tried to sing too, but it didn't sound anything like the song and I had to be upfront with him that he was a terrible singer. I played the song for him on YouTube and then said I'd have to call him back because with music this awesome you just know it's time for dancing!

Wow!!, that is awesome!! (Said with the "Jeff Spiccoli Inflection" from "Fast Times at Ridgemont High")
  • Like 6

So. . . dh's birthday is on Father's day.  I just ordered him a present.  In order to actually get it here by his birthday I would have had to pay $22 in shipping.  He's going to have to wait for his present. 

That just stretches out the fun and enjoyment!  His birthday won't have to be over and done with at bedtime.

• Like 1

MWF - Copywork

Th - Spelling dictation

T - Spelling test

Extras - Daily phonogram review, poetry memorization, he reads like a fish

Hahahaha. Ha.

Fish can read?

Take the timing into your own hands and drag him to bed with you. He's NOT welcome to get back up after and finish watching political diatribes or w/e. 

Fixed that.  He needs his sleep, too, and I don't want further disruption afterwards.

I do need to do/talk with him about timing.  Right now I need to get through this infernal itching first.  GAAAAAHHHHGGHH!

We went from frigid early spring temps to 94 degrees in about two days' time.  Which is not at all uncommon here, but still.  My kids are suffering from serious wardrobe fails and dd6 had to lose her shirt entirely at the farm because she'd put on long sleeves. (She had on overalls, which made it possible to go shirtless in the strawberry field, thankfully. Very Huck Finnish, but possible.)  

Also, someone failed to close the freezer door last night, so I've lost at least 8 meatball dinners (never mind ice cream and other goodies that won't survive).  

Ds9 is bored.  

And I finally shaved (because shorts).

That is all.  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   I'm sorry for the lost dinners and goodies.  

Picking strawberries in overalls without a shirt sounds like something I would have really enjoyed, back when my anatomy allowed getting away with such.  I'm jealous!

• Like 1

Ummm...about that party at my pad.

The propane tank is empty.  And there's a leak somewhere.  On the plus side, it's a very small leak.  Hopefully, a regulator on the tank.

But still. :svengo:

And can I just say that I've been saying for a few days that I could smell propane.  And some male person who is likely soon to be residing in the shop has repeatedly told me that I am paranoid.  And that I am going to be saying "I TOLD YOU SO" loudly and repeatedly.  :svengo:

• Like 3

It's 81 degrees in the house so I finally turned on the air conditioning. It's 90 outside, so not too bad. We have a huge tree out front that helps shade the house from the sun.

I need to report grades and attendance to the umbrella before I forget. (I did dd18's a while back so she could get her diploma.)

Refried bean tacos for dinner. I don't know if that's allowed, but we have no actual meat in the house other than a frozen 20lb turkey, and I'm not going to wrangle with that thing just for tacos. :D

More coffee!

Bean tacos is perfectly legit!

Tonight's supper here is smorgasbord, or a cheap rendition of it.  I just packed some for DD and DH to take to Aikido -- deli meats, smoked Gruyere cheese, grapes, cucumber sticks, crackers, cookies, bottled water, napkins.  Oh, and I threw in the squeezy mustard, too.  And freezer dogs.

• Like 3

I signed up for that gym and they apply your enrollment fee to three personal training sessions. I don't feel like someone who sees a personal trainer. Pretty sure I need a fake tan, gold tennis bracelet, and small, fluffy dog. Awkward. The first one is tonight and I feel like I'm going to be showing up saying, "uhhh, so what do you want to do?" But she will probably have an answer to that that will leave me unable to walk tomorrow. Scary.

Stick with all three sessions, and don't put too much space between them.  Yes, you will be stiff, but then your body will get used to it and you will have more incentive.

So is this gym a chain, by any chance?  That might have a branch here?

But the gas station was over a mile away, so technically I still should have run out. 

I once forgot to pull off the highway to gas up when I was driving my cat from CO to MN to give her to my sister's friend (so the cat could have a forever home and not be passed on to yet another someone else).  I didn't want to leave her in the truck, so I started hiking back to the truck stop carrying an empty gas can and a cat carrier.  It started to rain.  A truck driver gave me a lift back to the truck stop.  A family coming from Arizona saw me walking back and gave me a ride back to my pickup because I reminded them of the daughter (their eldest) they had just dropped off at college.

• Like 3

I think I shared about 69 pages back that one of Dancer's 7th or 9th grade teachers told her that she knew Dancer either read a lot, or was read to a lot, because of how well she wrote. She only needed help in organization. Vocabulary, ideas, content, style, etc.,were all very good.

People who knew our kids first (when the kids were young) and then met us would often remark "That explains it."

"Explains what?"

"Their incredible vocabulary.  They talk just like you two.  You must read a lot."

• Like 4

Apparently, I have so little hair, I don't bother to shave. The other day, dh kept asking if I had hair on my legs or if I shave. I'm like, dude. We've been married for 18 years. How often have you seen my shave? Or felt my legs? I mean, really...

This is one of the benefits of menopause.  I still have hair, but it has become so sparse and fine that I don't bother unless it's a special occasion or the hairs are really long and snag in stuff.  No one notices!

• Like 2

Bean tacos is perfectly legit!

Tonight's supper here is smorgasbord, or a cheap rendition of it.  I just packed some for DD and DH to take to Aikido -- deli meats, smoked Gruyere cheese, grapes, cucumber sticks, crackers, cookies, bottled water, napkins.  Oh, and I threw in the squeezy mustard, too.  And freezer dogs.

Now they aren't going to Aikido tonight -- DD13's gum and cheek are swollen inside.  She didn't think it was a big deal until brushing her teeth after her pre-Aikido snack, when brushing the gum produced pus.

She has been sent up to gargle with salt water, and I'll check on it in the morning.  If there's still any sign of trouble I'll call the dentist to tell them we are coming in, so squeeze us in.

I didn't have anything out of the house scheduled for tomorrow and DD15 has a dental appt on Thursday for sealants.  With pus, though, I'm not willing to wait until Thursday if it doesn't clear overnight.  I wouldn't wait until morning if she would have told me before they closed for the day.

DH said I should report serial number "4".  That's it, just 4.  I can then explain that my DH builds computers from spare parts and mine is the fourth one, so it's serial number is 4.

Mine really isn't; we passed number 4 years ago.

• Like 8

I gave in and switched to maternity clothes. Why was I waiting? I don't know if they make them differently these days, or if my body has changed, but I remember them being so uncomfortable. But I got some new ones since I gave most of my old stuff away long ago and these are darn comfy and they have real pockets! I could wear these not pregnant and nobody would know. I could wear them forever.

• Like 12