Menu

Ignore this thread!

What a Monday this is.

One vomiting child. (She seems to be better now.)

Two children at an activity.

Three things I've ingested today: water, pretzels, and Cocoa Pebbles. :)

Four noisy children left at home.

Five thousand things that I should be doing.

Six o'clock bedtime?

• Like 4

Driving on the bad highway :svengo:

Getting there to discover your credit card is still in the pool bag at home :svengo: :svengo:

Getting them to stop giving you the deadbeat client look by promising to call in the minute you get home with the CC info, only to go out to your car and hear the low gas ding :svengo: :svengo: :svengo:

Extra :svengo: because your card is still at home...

Quick estimate in your head to see if you can make it home. You can *hopefully* if you turn off the AC and don't hit traffic. Maybe. Car counts down miles left the whole way. 25...20...15...15...why is it still on 15?...10...5...

Pulling in ...0...to your driveway, hoping you can then make it to a gas station :svengo: :svengo: :svengo:

But no cavities! Yay.

• Like 13

I made cupcakes when I got home, just so you all know. And I turned mine into a strawberry, whipped cream, and chocolate cupcake sunday. Because dentist adventure :svengo:

Is this 1976? Did I get my Birthday Booyah? For reals? Go me!!! I totally deserve it. Because after all that, DS wanted his no-cavities toy prize and would not accept Target. I had to go to The Afsa! In 95 degree weather after driving home with no AC, he knew I was frazzled and talked me into The Afsa! :svengo:

I need another chocolate cupcake. If there are any left...

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 11

Driving on the bad highway :svengo:

Getting there to discover your credit card is still in the pool bag at home

Getting them to stop giving you the deadbeat client look by promising to call in the minute you get home with the CC info, only to go out to your car and hear the low gas ding

Extra :svengo: because your card is still at home...

Quick estimate in your head to see if you can make it home. You can *hopefully* if you turn off the AC and don't hit traffic. Maybe. Car counts down miles left the whole way. 25...20...15...15...why is it still on 15?...10...5...

Pulling in ...0...to your driveway, hoping you can then make it to a gas station .

:ack2:
  • Like 1

I made cupcakes when I got home, just so you all know. And I turned mine into a strawberry, whipped cream, and chocolate cupcake sunday. Because dentist adventure :svengo:

Is this 1976? Did I get my Birthday Booyah? For reals? Go me!!! I totally deserve it. Because after all that DS wanted his no-cavities toy prize, and would not accept Target. I had to go to The Afsa! In 95 degree weather after driving home with no AC, he knew I was frazzled and talked me into The Afsa! :svengo:

:hurray:

• Like 1

You're going for Mother of the Year, aren't you? AFSA and the pool in the same day after multiple crises!

The pool was selfish. I didn't want DS spending the rest of the day on the iPad, nor did I want to have to tell him that he wasn't spending the rest of the day on the iPad. Conflict avoidance. ;)

• Like 8

Good Tuesday Morning!

Today is mostly swim.  One dc has a well-check appt w/ booster shots.  I was thinking of putting something in the crock pot.  Hope I remember.

Coffee is brewing!!!

Yay for conflict avoidance plus exercise and vitamin D!  and cupcakes!  and baskets that fit!  and sheared dogs!  and no deathness!  

• Like 6

I think I am a little jealous of those laid back extrovert moms that have their kids in fifty different activities each. It seems like there's definitely moms on here that only allow one activity per kid, why is it I don't know any IRL?

Mantra: comparison is the thief of joy.

I am not jealous of those moms. I have no desire to be one of those moms. My SIL is one of those extrovert moms with 2 extrovert kids. They are always so busy. Just looking at their schedule is exhausting.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I've been cooking most of the day. It is necessary. But I'm a little tired now. I still have two more little things to make, and then I think I will get the chores done, assign DH and children to the puppy walking, medicate pets that need medicating, and go to bed early.

I need to be doing less of trying to cram a full week's cleaning and cooking into a half-week of time and just happily pretend I don't care that it's not done. Nobody else really cares except me--until they don't have food and clean clothing, that is. :laugh:

Same here, though with certain family members taking on their own laundry it's more like them wanting food (prepped and ready to eat when they think they should eat) and clean dishes.  Or when they can't find something -- which seems to spill over into DH's folks' house.  

This weekend DH asked me if I had borrowed FIL's music stand.  No, we bought one for me a while back.  "I was sure you had also borrowed Dad's at one point."  Nope.

Visiting again yesterday: FIL asks me if I had borrowed his music stand.  Nope.  The only two we have in the house are mine and DH's little folding one which I hate.  "I was sure you had borrowed it for DD15's music practice."  I then told DD15 that when we got home we are searching her room and other areas to make sure we don't have the stand.

MIL, a few minutes later, walks into the room used as an office/computer central for visitors.  "I found it!"  It was standing in a corner next to a potted plant.  FIL had it out earlier, left it out in the way when MIL was cleaning before all the company over the weekend, and couldn't find it because it wasn't where he usually kept it.

Put your toys away when you aren't playing with them!

• Like 6

I was thinking about needing more rest the other day, and how easy it is to tell a Mom to just go put your feet up and take a nap. You know, it's not that easy. Even when DH is home, and I could go to the bedroom, lie down (with the hyper-annoying old cat who thinks I'm dying when I get in bed at one or two in the afternoon), I have such a hard time blocking out sounds from the house. The boys can be quiet, and I still hear their conversations. They can tiptoe, and I'll still hear them in the hallway. Or if a door slams--I'll wake up. 

I swear, I'm on alert continuously from the minute I get up in the morning until DH gets in bed at night. It's no wonder I feel fatigued and have some trouble getting to sleep in the evenings. I can't get out of "vigilance" mode.

Exactly!  And there's no explaining it to the work-outside-of-the-house parent, because they haven't been so thoroughly programmed into the vigilance mode.  Vigilance mode is the bane of many a parent's chances at rest and sleep.  And it doesn't even end with the hyperawareness kicking in all the time.

I have acknowledged that we will likely be in this house until both kids are in college and DH finally retires.  I am dead serious, though, about wanting to build my own place and all of the acoustic and other qualities I'm planning on including in that place.  Yes, there's light from the street invading my home, and from the neighbor's to the side, and the street at the back.  But DH's toys and electronics cause as much or more disturbance than all of the outside factors.  Add in that I'm a natural early bird while DH seems to be more night owl and lots of things are just out of joint.

• Like 1

Second day in a row of tree-removal equipment noises down the block. Blah.

We should be starting school now, but the goat is not washed and DS has a comic book graphic novel from the library. Kitty fell asleep next to me waiting for story time to start.

• Like 6

I think I am a little jealous of those laid back extrovert moms that have their kids in fifty different activities each. It seems like there's definitely moms on here that only allow one activity per kid, why is it I don't know any IRL?

No. No. Nope. Null. No. Not. No.  

I am not jealous of those moms. I have no desire to be one of those moms. My SIL is one of those extrovert moms with 2 extrovert kids. They are always so busy. Just looking at their schedule is exhausting.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

See, she knows.
  • Like 3

Is this 1976? Did I get my Birthday Booyah? For reals? Go me!!! I totally deserve it. Because after all that, DS wanted his no-cavities toy prize and would not accept Target. I had to go to The Afsa! In 95 degree weather after driving home with no AC, he knew I was frazzled and talked me into The Afsa! :svengo:

You deserved the whole stinking batch.

And then DS dragged me to the pool, and we didn't get supper until 9:30 pm, and I need to wash my goat. I'm so over this day.

Hey, look, everyone!  I found a picture of ikslo!

angel-with-wings-smiley-emoticon.gif

Whew!!! I was afraid I'd have to visit both you AND JJM in the clink!!

Never!  They ain't takin' me nowheres!  gangster-with-gun-smiley-emoticon.gif

• Like 7

Good morning!

Coffee! ☕

It is a beautiful day here. The sky is blue, the sun is shining, and the birds are singing. I actually slept last night. I only got up once, and then I fell right back to sleep. It was glorious. I haven't slept well for the past two weeks.

We are going to the big town about an hour away to do some shopping.

I hope everyone has a beautiful day full of sunshine and singing birds. (Except critter I hope she can find a nice dark cave with a waterfall magically illuminated by fairy dust)

• Like 7

I was looking at activities, then realized that I was planning WAY too much. My introvertness would hate me later. We don't have the money for so many activities either!

• Like 3

On activities: I'm not extrovert either. But activities have grown as the kids have grown. We didn't have this many when oldest was 11 and youngest was 1. And we tried to have them do activities together. They got older - some needed different activities and some needed more.

It's one more reason I'm glad we homeschool so at least we're all home together for that (mostly).

• Like 4

I was looking at activities, then realized that I was planning WAY too much. My introvertness would hate me later. We don't have the money for so many activities either!

Don't do stuff. Stuff is bad. What are you considering?

Talking rain?  :confused1:  :confused1:

Carbonated beverage. No sugar, no sugar substitutes, no calories.   

It's one more reason I'm glad we homeschool so at least we're all home together for that (mostly).

:)
  • Like 2

Would you stop that??😩😩ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦. I really need some ice cream. But I suppose I will have a handful of almonds. Or perhaps a cheese stick. Yummy!!

The stupid grocery store had a sale coupon for two Hagen Daas pints of ice cream, and they had peanut butter & chocolate and Java chip (coffee ice cream with chips of chocolate).  This was so totally unfair!  Those things just LEAPED into my cart and refused to get out.  I had to bring them home with me in order to get home before everything else went bad.

• Like 7