Menu

Ignore this thread!

What I think is funny is that he ended with a polite "ma'am"! 

I think maybe he was only brave enough to stray just so far from the script!  And it didn't appear that English was his first language, so he may not have been intentionally polite; he may not have known the politeness level of the word.

Oh, and then he hung up on me!  I win!  :laugh:

• Like 7

And nature study.

Lol, and PE! And math!

Now the sibling she was picking on is hugging her. At least they'll always be able to bond over how mean their mother is.

And Psychology!

Yay! Chocolate for everyone!

Actually we're off to the ENT this afternoon to talk about getting dd9's tonsils out, so that may be a lil premature.

And Health!  

You are covering a lot of subjects today!!

• Like 5

I wonder what sugar cookies topped with toasted pecans would be like? I think they would be tasty.

I have no idea. I think you should send me a dozen and I'll let you know.

And this is an Experimental Cookie Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

Great news! After 5 months, we have an email informing us that our FAFSA audit forms have been successfully submitted! Submitted! Yay for the federal government - good job, guys! You actually submitted something!

This reminds me of the conspiracy thread on the Chat Board - surely your FAFSA audit situation alone is proof that the gov't isn't organized enough to do half of what the conspiracy folks accuse them.   :D

• Like 8

Yellow jacket (and other stinging insect) stings can lead to cellulitis. Watch to see if a red area starts to spread. I put tea tree oil on stings to combat that.

once, years ago I had a horribly painful shoulder due to carrying young children around too much. And then one day I was working in the yard and disturbed a wasp nest and got stung in that area and the pain in my shoulder was gone!!
  • Like 5

I'm out of likes....

Hugs all around - Critter, Jean, Junie's dc who threw up, any other dc who need them, any other ITTers who need them.

We have gone to: swim, grocery, gas station, library, bank, violin lesson, half price books, Staples, Ice Cream place.....  I think that's it.   :svengo:

I like Slache's Teacher Commonplace book thread.  I think it's time to re-do mine.  Last year's was sort of left over from the year before and not really updated.  And I think I kept stuff I referred to the most on my clip board.  Updating the "notebook of all important school info" sounds much more pressing and important than laundry, right?

• Like 5

We've been playing "spot the bunny" from our second story window. Mama bunny has deposited at least 3 bunnies in different locations in our overgrown back yard. We were joking that the one most visible is "bait" and is the one least loved. But the visible one noticed us watching and moved back under cover. So maybe he was just not listening to Mom.

Like Where's Waldo. But with rabbits.
  • Like 1

I wonder what sugar cookies topped with toasted pecans would be like? I think they would be tasty.

The pediatrician called back with DDnearly16's bloodwork.  All good except for high-ish cholesterol (elevated bad cholesterol and triglicerides).  DD is to lower her carb intake and follow closer to a cholesterol diet.  She still wants steak, so if I plan steak/beef/red meat once a week, pork once a week, chicken/poultry once a week, and fish once a week this can start a reduction of the more saturated meats.  When I don't cook all 4 of these I will drop either the steak or pork.

Time to learn more bony fish recipes and techniques.  She's sensitive to seafood, but does fine with salmon and bony fish.  I'm comfortable with cooking salmon; time to get familiar with other fishes.

I have already snuck some cleaner eating into this family's routine food stocks.  Time to sneak in some more.

• Like 3

I'm out of likes....

Hugs all around - Critter, Jean, Junie's dc who threw up, any other dc who need them, any other ITTers who need them.

We have gone to: swim, grocery, gas station, library, bank, violin lesson, half price books, Staples, Ice Cream place.....  I think that's it.   :svengo:

I like Slache's Teacher Commonplace book thread.  I think it's time to re-do mine.  Last year's was sort of left over from the year before and not really updated.  And I think I kept stuff I referred to the most on my clip board.  Updating the "notebook of all important school info" sounds much more pressing and important than laundry, right?

I like it, too! I love having access to so many people who think differently than I do. So felpful.

• Like 2

once, years ago I had a horribly painful shoulder due to carrying young children around too much. And then one day I was working in the yard and disturbed a wasp nest and got stung in that area and the pain in my shoulder was gone!!

The sting had been doing strange things with my finger's nerves yesterday.  I wonder if your sting reset some nerves in your shoulder?

• Like 1

The sting had been doing strange things with my finger's nerves yesterday.  I wonder if your sting reset some nerves in your shoulder?

Bee venom is getting some attention for health purposes. I've been stung a few times, but have not noticed any change in my overall aches and pains so far.

Off to take dd8 to the doctor for shots, unless they get distracted by the rash all over her face and neck.

They were definitely distracted by the rash and sent me straight to the walk-in clinic to get it checked out and medicated (The doctor and nurse practitioner at the office didn't have any available appointments.) Poison ivy. :ack2: Dd8 can't get her shots until the rash has been gone at least a week.

#pointsforquotingself

As soon as I get the medicine and give a dose to dd, I'm heading for the delicious cookies.

• Like 4

They were definitely distracted by the rash and sent me straight to the walk-in clinic to get it checked out and medicated (The doctor and nurse practitioner at the office didn't have any available appointments.) Poison ivy. :ack2: Dd8 can't get her shots until the rash has been gone at least a week.

#pointsforquotingself

As soon as I get the medicine and give a dose to dd, I'm heading for the delicious cookies.

Oh no!  Do you know where she got it from?  Do you have to wash clothing and bedding?  Anyone else come in contact with it?

#hyperconcernedinternetfriend

• Like 4

I can't do fish, AMJ. And I love fish! But DH is allergic. So I only get fish if we go out to eat. :sad:

I'm sorry!  I quite like fish, when it isn't chopped into a near-paste, reformed into unnatural shapes, covered with breading and baked too long.  I'm not that familiar with cooking fish (due to growing up with the described), but I'm slowly learning.  I'm just glad DD isn't sensitive to or allergic to salmon, because I LOVE salmon.

• Like 1

The bunnies would be easier to see if they were wearing red and white striped shirts and red and white hats. 

But then the hawks and eagles and dogs would get them!

• Like 1

#pointsforquotingself

I'm sorry about the poison ivy and the delay.  Glad it wasn't something worse.

• Like 2

I've been cooking most of the day. It is necessary. But I'm a little tired now. I still have two more little things to make, and then I think I will get the chores done, assign DH and children to the puppy walking, medicate pets that need medicating, and go to bed early.

I need to be doing less of trying to cram a full week's cleaning and cooking into a half-week of time and just happily pretend I don't care that it's not done. Nobody else really cares except me--until they don't have food and clean clothing, that is. :laugh:

• Like 4

Oh no!  Do you know where she got it from?  Do you have to wash clothing and bedding?  Anyone else come in contact with it?

I share hyperconcern when it comes to poison ivy.  (Do we have a quarantine room on the ITT?  I may get a rash just from talking about "po!$on !vy"   :leaving:

Virtual  :grouphug:  for Susan's dd!  

• Like 5

I share hyperconcern when it comes to poison ivy.  (Do we have a quarantine room on the ITT?  I may get a rash just from talking about "po!$on !vy"   :leaving:

I'm actually don't react to poison ivy - at least the last time I came in touch with it which was in grade school. 

• Like 4

I'm sorry about the poison ivy and the delay.  Glad it wasn't something worse.

No one else has shown any sign of rash - the kids were playing in the "forest" (trees on the side of the house) and I'm guessing dd touched some with her hand and then probably brushed her hair away from her face and neck.

I will be sure to wash my hands thoroughly before visiting ITT to avoid any cross-contamination! :D

• Like 5

I was thinking about needing more rest the other day, and how easy it is to tell a Mom to just go put your feet up and take a nap. You know, it's not that easy. Even when DH is home, and I could go to the bedroom, lie down (with the hyper-annoying old cat who thinks I'm dying when I get in bed at one or two in the afternoon), I have such a hard time blocking out sounds from the house. The boys can be quiet, and I still hear their conversations. They can tiptoe, and I'll still hear them in the hallway. Or if a door slams--I'll wake up. 

I swear, I'm on alert continuously from the minute I get up in the morning until DH gets in bed at night. It's no wonder I feel fatigued and have some trouble getting to sleep in the evenings. I can't get out of "vigilance" mode.

• Like 3

I should confess brag. When youngest dd and I went for ice cream, I had a scoop of Mocha Chocolate chip. :drool5: :001_tt1: Wish I could have it again right now. :o

Would you stop that??😩😩ðŸ¦ðŸ¦ðŸ¦. I really need some ice cream. But I suppose I will have a handful of almonds. Or perhaps a cheese stick. Yummy!!
  • Like 1

I'm actually don't react to poison ivy - at least the last time I came in touch with it which was in grade school.

Me neither! :coolgleamA:

My son decided that he's having a hard time getting out of bed in the morning, therefore, he should go to bed earlier. Good boy.

I don't remember what I was going to say.
  • Like 2

I don't remember what I was going to say. 

I was thinking about the Hallelujah chorus myself. I'd love to get to sleep a little earlier at night, only the boys get up, get something, go back to bed, get up, get something else...and by the time I finally can drop the alert mode it's eleven. And I'm a grouchy, grouchy pumpkin by eleven.

• Like 3

Just throwing this update out there since I know you all were waiting on pins and needles - 

I called the elementary school today to see if Riv had been entered into the system/registered. She had. So, I explained the situation and asked if I needed to file a letter of intent. The secretaries talked about it, but none of them had encountered the question before, so they directed me to Central Office. I got to talk to a friend of mine who tracked down the info for me. 

So, in our situation, even though she is technically "registered", she has never taken a class at the school. Because of that, there does not need to be a letter. 

Rest easy, ladies. This family is legally homeschooling. lol 

• Like 14

Yes! It's hard to completely relax unless everyone is just gone. 

Or relaxing with me. I've found that I relax better when I've been running. But it has to be running, and hard running. Nothing else works. So I guess I need to start training for another 10K. 

Or I could cultivate a taste for grapes. Or both!

• Like 3