• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

:seeya:

Impromptu field trip today. The Spokane Falls are supposed to peak today and, as you probably don't know because I never ever discuss the weather, we have had MUCH precipitation this year. It's apparently quite a sight to behold this year!

Much Precipitation? Pshaw. I don't believe it!

(Hope it was spectacular!)

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, d--- lies and statistics". (Benjamin Disraeli)

Exactly!  My statistics prof said if we never learned anything else from his classes he wanted us to remember how easy it is to manipulate statistics to say just about anything.  The biggest value of his classes was learning how to spot problematic usage of stats, which is nearly all usage.

Dd18 and ds12 are both studying statistics. They feel rather shocked. :D

• Like 5

This morning we went on as impromptu a field trip as we will ever go on. (I put in our reservation last week.) It was a free class put on by Parks and Rec called "Can You Dig It?" and it was really good. Dd10 is especially interested in archeology and brought a "special" rock she found to ask about. We ate our "picnic" in the car on the way home because it is cold outside and the kids were tired of being cold (and muddy from the digging and wet from the washing of hands).

Then we had story time and history and then I took a nap. I'm hungry and need more coffee!

• Like 8

This morning we went on as impromptu a field trip as we will ever go on. (I put in our reservation last week.) It was a free class put on by Parks and Rec called "Can You Dig It?" and it was really good. Dd10 is especially interested in archeology and brought a "special" rock she found to ask about. We ate our "picnic" in the car on the way home because it is cold outside and the kids were tired of being cold (and muddy from the digging and wet from the washing of hands).

Then we had story time and history and then I took a nap. I'm hungry and need more coffee!

That sounds like a great day

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Coming off prednisone is not fun.  Today was my step down day, from 15 mg to 10.

I'm tired (but not sleepy), and I'm grouchy.  I feel really sluggish.

I guess it's a good thing that I got so much done in the last two weeks.  

• Like 5

Today they called zero jurors. Zero. Then sent us home early. We mustn't forget to be back there tomorrow morning!

So I went into work for an hour and a half to catch up, got irritated, and left grumpy and overloaded with work. Sigh.

Oh, goody! A "Forced Civic Participation" Booyah!!!

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 7

I know, right? I'm gone all day, and was caught up in like 5 minutes. Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

DH's response to this is you can make catching up take longer by reverting back to dial-up.   :w00t:

• Like 4

I want to grow cilantro at the same time I grow tomatoes. So I can make pico de gallo. But cilantro doesn't grow here in the summer. Parsley seems a bit more hardy toward the heat and if I wack it back it'll last till the freeze.

What about a pot on a windowsill?  For the cilantro?

• Like 1

Coming off prednisone is not fun.  Today was my step down day, from 15 mg to 10.

I'm tired (but not sleepy), and I'm grouchy.  I feel really sluggish.

I guess it's a good thing that I got so much done in the last two weeks.  

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I did something to my knee yesterday evening.  This morning when I got up it was better, then something went out of whack again and it's a lot worse.  I toughed out the lengthy drive to/from art class today and begged DH to get home from work in time to take DD12 to tap dance class.  I have iced my knee and put it up for a while, and had the girls bring me food and stuff while I lay on the couch watching Enterprise.

I need to get upstairs to bed while I can get my knee to work, so I don't get to finish catching up here.  Tomorrow I'm calling the doctor to try to get squeezed in.  If I have to I'll also call ILs to see if they will drive me.

Nighty-night, everyone.  Sleep well!

• Like 3

I did something to my knee yesterday evening.  This morning when I got up it was better, then something went out of whack again and it's a lot worse.  I toughed out the lengthy drive to/from art class today and begged DH to get home from work in time to take DD12 to tap dance class.  I have iced my knee and put it up for a while, and had the girls bring me food and stuff while I lay on the couch watching Enterprise.

I need to get upstairs to bed while I can get my knee to work, so I don't get to finish catching up here.  Tomorrow I'm calling the doctor to try to get squeezed in.  If I have to I'll also call ILs to see if they will drive me.

Nighty-night, everyone.  Sleep well!

:grouphug:  :grouphug: :grouphug:  

• Like 1

What is a hail cannon?

We live where there are a lot of stone fruit and hail damages it. So, a hail canon creates sound waves that break up the hail in the clouds. Some people don't believe they work, but we haven't had hail any time they turn the canons on. They make loud booms.
  • Like 8

We live where there are a lot of stone fruit and hail damages it. So, a hail canon creates sound waves that break up the hail in the clouds. Some people don't believe they work, but we haven't had hail any time they turn the canons on. They make loud booms.

So wild! I've never heard of those! Now if only they could find a way to make hail storms produce ice cream sundaes, then we'd really have something going!

• Like 8

Sooo, I'm still up, but I'm going to bed for reals now! I had to finish some notes for the last class, since I didn't get a chance to work on it all week due to a defunct computer! Sigh. I'll send it out tomorrow. I don't feel like looking for email addresses.

• Like 5

Hi. I just wanted to tell y'all we went out last night with our Brazilian missionary friends who were attacked by a tapir awhile back. It's always so sweet to see them. Then they leave. I love them so. It was so nice to let the kids play with their kids and not have to worry about anything. Whenever we hang out with people at the park or whatever kids are encouraging our kids to lie to us or swearing or hitting. Gug! The Rs are so lovely. And they speak 3 languages which was cool.

I think that was Slache!   :D

#notheretodefendherself

#whatshedoesntknowwonthurther

:glare:

• Like 9