Menu

Ignore this thread!

I think that's what I try to do. I'm not sure if that's how the parents view it. I gear the extra materials for parents who may know little to nothing about the language. Ask Quackers. She can give you an opinion on what she receives. 

No no, I want to be the student who gets to video/Skype/whatever with the teacher and the other students who are just like me!  I want my OWN class, that the kids don't get to horn in on because I wanna have fun, too, and learn at my pace!  Preferably before the kids, so I can keep up my charade of knowing far more than I do.

I'm just being whiny because kids get all the coolest stuff, including the best online classes with really cool teachers.   :laugh:

See, you COULD offer such a class just for ITT people -- not their kids, the ITTers themselves.  To tide us over until we get out to our island, or until Ellie takes us on our field trip around the Hawaiian Islands.

• Like 3

Ok, I'm back. Got DS off to school. With extra banana bread. Yesterday and and his partner presented their history thing and there was a little quiz at the end. The winner got a homework pass. Second place was my banana bread. So, now my banana bread is not only currency, but is used as a prize.

Junie, hope DD gets better soon.

Lana, I love hermit crabs, too. When we get to the coast there are some great places to go tide pooling and watching those little guys.

Today we have another butterfly class and oldest DD is going to her first friends sleepover. I'm not overly thrilled about sleepovers, but this family is another homeschooling family that we know quite well. And I know the girls who are attending and they're just as sweet and innocent as can be, so I think it will be fine.

Has DS clued in to holding the banana bread hostage, or bartering it for homework passes?

• Like 2

I am out of likes.  So now my glorious day has been turned into a disaster.  :willy_nilly:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Like deficiency is simply horrendous.  SWB needs to address this chronic and reoccurring problem.

• Like 3

My favorite fuzzy sweater that I wear every single day has a huge hole in the elbow.  It is one of my "dead people" hand-me-downs.  Does anyone know where you could find Katherine Bishop fuzzy cardigans in XL?  To reference another thread on the chat board, it is my lovey.  It gives me comfort on bad pain days to be wrapped in it's fuzzy warm embrace. 

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I have 9 pages of a test to correct and the stupid program gave me no answer guide.  So I have to search out the answers in all sixteen chapters we've covered so far in biology.  I am not amused.  I get a reward of some kind when I finish the  first page.  I don't know what.  I just had a snack so I  don't even want a chocolate chip. 

• Like 1

I have 9 pages of a test to correct and the stupid program gave me no answer guide.  So I have to search out the answers in all sixteen chapters we've covered so far in biology.  I am not amused.  I get a reward of some kind when I finish the  first page.  I don't know what.  I just had a snack so I  don't even want a chocolate chip. 

Google might be faster.

• Like 1

I have 9 pages of a test to correct and the stupid program gave me no answer guide. So I have to search out the answers in all sixteen chapters we've covered so far in biology. I am not amused. I get a reward of some kind when I finish the first page. I don't know what. I just had a snack so I don't even want a chocolate chip.

From which stupid program should I NOT purchase a biology curriculum?

• Like 5

No no, I want to be the student who gets to video/Skype/whatever with the teacher and the other students who are just like me! I want my OWN class, that the kids don't get to horn in on because I wanna have fun, too, and learn at my pace! Preferably before the kids, so I can keep up my charade of knowing far more than I do.

I'm just being whiny because kids get all the coolest stuff, including the best online classes with really cool teachers. :laugh:

See, you COULD offer such a class just for ITT people -- not their kids, the ITTers themselves. To tide us over until we get out to our island, or until Ellie takes us on our field trip around the Hawaiian Islands.

Hmmmm...

I may be able to swing that. One day. But it would have to be highly individualized or something, because different parents may need different things.

• Like 2

Sigh.  Build-your-own-pizza was great for everyone but me.  I went to open the pizza crust I bought today clearly marked "gluten free".  Fortunately I glanced at the ingredients.  First ingredient:  whole wheat flour.  So I ran to the store and talked to the supervisor and told her that they need to pull all of these off of the shelves and notify the manufacturer and the news for a recall because it could seriously hurt people.  On the same shelf I got mine there was another marked "gluten free" that had "gluten free flour" as the first ingredient but I was too scared to trust it.  So I got something else for dinner. 

• Like 1

Sigh.  Build-your-own-pizza was great for everyone but me.  I went to open the pizza crust I bought today clearly marked "gluten free".  Fortunately I glanced at the ingredients.  First ingredient:  whole wheat flour.  So I ran to the store and talked to the supervisor and told her that they need to pull all of these off of the shelves and notify the manufacturer and the news for a recall because it could seriously hurt people.  On the same shelf I got mine there was another marked "gluten free" that had "gluten free flour" as the first ingredient but I was too scared to trust it.  So I got something else for dinner. 

:scared:  :scared:  :scared:  :scared:

What brand is it?

I'm so glad you checked.  I don't always check if it is a product that I've used before.  Maybe I need to start being more vigilant.

• Like 2

:scared:  :eek: (Not really finding the right emos for this).  I'm so glad you looked at the ingredients!  Scary!  And hugs on the missed pizza.   :grouphug:

Our houseguest has begun receiving mail at our house. Jus' sayin'. 😳

:svengo: Oh my!  

• Like 3

Good morning!

Dh, Ds21 and Dd17 are heading out to Indy to watch our local high school basketball team play for the state championship. It is the first time ever they have made it past the sectional. Last week over 3000 fans from the county went to the semi-state finals about 4 hours away. I imagine there will be more going today. It is actually quite amazing since the population of our county is about 10,000.

Coffee is good.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Have a great time, Dawn! And congratulations to the Home Team!! ðŸ†

Jean, I hope your day is better. Yesterday was stinky. Did the doctors not call back yet or did I miss it?

I need to shop early but Aldi doesn't open until 9. Dh want to go hiking today, so we may do that and I'll shop afterwards. Then I have to bring dd18 to a local university for a music scholarship audition. And that's it. Leftovers for lunch. Baked ravioli and Italian sausage and salad for dinner.

Coffee!

• Like 6

My dermatologist just called. I gotta go back in. It's not cancer (whew), but is it is atypical and they want more flesh. So, Tuesday morning I go in. I'm just glad it's not cancer.

They didn't take a pound the first time around?  

Sorry -- feeling grumpy and morbidly punny.  

I am glad it is not cancer.

ETA:   major *facepalm*  I caught up to this post of mine and briefly read it right after my friend texted a comment about a recipe -- "Lots of protein".  Of course, my mind immediately associated the two....

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 3

I just marked my leg with a sharpie because I now have a dark vein that I never could see before snaking out from where she cauterized my leg wound.  If it grows at all past the mark I will be going in to see someone.  I also think that I have new blisters forming on that leg but can't quite tell.  I'm a bit upset about all of this esp. since I haven't gotten any diagnosis yet from them. 

:scared: Do they have Saturday hours?  How about their after-hours on-call doc?

I'm still catching up again.  I hope I find something later saying they called you with the results, the vein proves nothing to worry about and will go back to normal, and they know how to make all right with your leg again.

I bought a fancy coffee from the coffee shop and left it sitting somewhere in Walmart.😭

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

Poor Lana!   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I just washed the dishes for the first time in about 2 or 3 years.  Actually it might be longer.

(Dh took ds16, dd14, and dd12 -- my dish washers -- to a youth activity.)

My dish unloader is loading dirty dishes.  My usual dish loader is upstairs doing laundry.

I might or might not have had a small hissy fit when I came downstairs to find three family members doing nothing about the state of the kitchen....

• Like 2

:cursing:  :cursing:  For no answer key.

:lurk5:   Will this do as a reward?

The Booya(h) is dedicated to Jean, for her continuing awesomeness!

Edited by AMJ
  • Like 4

I liked for what you did, not the necessity for it.  Good for you, but GRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! to the manufacturer.

Which brand of crust, please?

• Like 1

Mama Mary's

Thank you, found this post!

I will mention this to my friend and sister and recommend they check ingredient labels, just in case they buy this brand.  I'm not keeping straight which of them has which eating restrictions now, and they are both encountering more and more, so I mention most anything.

• Like 1

Good morning!

Dh, Ds21 and Dd17 are heading out to Indy to watch our local high school basketball team play for the state championship. It is the first time ever they have made it past the sectional. Last week over 3000 fans from the county went to the semi-state finals about 4 hours away. I imagine there will be more going today. It is actually quite amazing since the population of our county is about 10,000.

Coffee is good.

:party:  :party:   Go, team!

• Like 1

Good morning. I am so over people and sleeping didn't help. Anyone have a deserted island that they can recommend? [emoji267]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

Rocko!  Where's that helicopter?

• Like 1