Menu

Ignore this thread!

My idea of boxed curriculum is curriculum that I buy and put in a box until I'm ready to plan it. So that's every curriculum out there as far as I know, because even pre-planned curriculum has to be planned to account for sick days, breaks, the student's ability to progress, Mom's tolerance to the books and or material...

And y'all say that so much better than I do. :laugh:

• Like 7

Good Morning! Coffee is being consumed.

I have to say my patience is wearing thin with my mother. She will be here a year in May. I think I have done fairly well with adding another whole person to my household, and the upheaval it has caused to my family. I am about to blow up. That is what I do. I keep taking and doing and taking, and it builds and builds. Then I tell someone off real good. Grrr.

• Like 6

Did I ever tell you about the spider that nearly got a hummingbird on my front porch? Remind me not to tell you that story at bedtime. Did you know that spiders are a common hallucination associated with parasomnias?

Ugh!

Yes! My mom always had snakes. I have spiders, snakes, and sometimes floating ghost-men. I can usually talk myself out of the hallucinations now.

The worst is when I wake up and I am terrified because there is a strange man in my bed and I have to attempt to quietly sneak out of bed without waking him. I usually come out of it before getting to the door.

• Like 4

Yes! My mom always had snakes. I have spiders, snakes, and sometimes floating ghost-men. I can usually talk myself out of the hallucinations now.

The worst is when I wake up and I am terrified because there is a strange man in my bed and I have to attempt to quietly sneak out of bed without waking him. I usually come out of it before getting to the door. 

I gave myself a crash course on parasomnia yesterday because I my protagonist gets the screaming horrors with some of the things he sees. I'm lucky.

I used to have a few episodes like what you describe--mostly things walking out of my closets. Not so much now.

• Like 1

:hurray: Go Jo!

I'd let him shop and show me what he got!

Did I ever tell you about the spider that nearly got a hummingbird on my front porch? Remind me not to tell you that story at bedtime. Did you know that spiders are a common hallucination associated with parasomnias?

Can you PM me the story?  I promise not to read it right before bed.

• Like 1

My idea of boxed curriculum is curriculum that I buy and put in a box until I'm ready to plan it. So that's every curriculum out there as far as I know, because even pre-planned curriculum has to be planned to account for sick days, breaks, the student's ability to progress, Mom's tolerance to the books and or material...

And y'all say that so much better than I do. :laugh:

Well, your explanation is more concise than mine, so I wouldn't claim mine is better.  Just bigger.

• Like 1

BIGGER SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Jo got into her first choice math camp!!!

(I think this means that we are serious geeks, BTW. :o )

Hooray!   :hurray:  :hurray:

And I got my likes back, so I liked.   :D

• Like 3

I had a great day yesterday and got a lot done, apparently a result of Second Coffee... and so I did not fall asleep for hours, and now I am a sleepy whitehawk on the very day when we need to get done early and go to activity group.

Did I mention we hardly ever get to activity group?? It starts at 11. :/ It's 8:52 and we're in PJs.

Update: We're dressed, but DS says he doesn't feel well. Couch day it is.

I'm sorry your DS is feeling poorly.  I hope you all have a good couch day.  Some proactive couching will hopefully help stave off the rest of you from catching what he caught.

• Like 1

I have to say my patience is wearing thin with my mother. She will be here a year in May. I think I have done fairly well with adding another whole person to my household, and the upheaval it has caused to my family. I am about to blow up. That is what I do. I keep taking and doing and taking, and it builds and builds. Then I tell someone off real good. Grrr.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 1

I greatly desire to call school on account of Mom's desire to take a nap in the sun with the old cat before goofing off the rest of the day.

I'll be right up to join you!

• Like 2

No kidding. I hate spiders. Except for Charlotte.

**Psst! Everyone!  Don't tell Krissi what happens at the end!**

I decided to leave my hair down today and I realized it has gotten very long.

Lynn's week sounds exhausting but fun.

Spiders are if the devil.

I want a boxed curriculum that I can plan myself. I don't mind if I have to gather the parts. Anyone have any ideas? :D

If the devil what?

:hurray: Go Jo!

I'd let him shop and show me what he got!

Thanks!  For the congrats!  Not the image now seared indelibly into my brain!

• Like 3

Hi!  Need more coffee!  Late night run to town (well, at 8 pm) meant I went to bed waaaaay past my bedtime!

Downside of living in small town:  Everything (well, except McD's and Taco Bell and the AFSA) is closed at 8!  No celebratory milkshake!  But the grocery store was still open and had Red Velvet Cake Ice Cream!  So we crashed Nana's house at almost 9 pm for a party!

It's gonna be a long day!  More coffee!!

• Like 4

I need to assert my authority over a particularly hard-headed 3 year old. The toddler tornado is making me crazy. Every little thing becomes a battle of wills. And his poor brother is left to pick up the slack.
I hope this phase passes quickly.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

:willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :banghead: BOOYA :banghead:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly: 

Edited by lanalouwho
  • Like 9

Well, I'm having breakfast now. We all are. And I'm not having cottage cheese, even though it is a Slim Day. I am having plain Greek yogurt, fancied up with some stevia, vanilla and a few blueberries. I have to count the berries, but that's ok. It's not much.

Chicken stock is bubbling on the stove. It smells so good, and I was even able to throw a bunch or fresh parsley in there because my parsley is growing now. Fresh parsley smells so good.

• Like 6

I'm sorry about the toddler tornado, Lana. At least you can still pick him up and remove him from the situation. My difficult one is now taller than me. There's not a lot I can do with him.

Oh my! I am seriously hoping that he grows out of it before we get to that.

• Like 2

Good morning. Ds meets with a guidance counselor today to pick next quarter's classes. He got overwhelmed and this is happening really late. This is going to play havoc with my schedule this morning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Poor schedule.  

• Like 1

I need to assert my authority over a particularly hard-headed 3 year old. The toddler tornado is making me crazy. Every little thing becomes a battle of wills. And his poor brother is left to pick up the slack.

I hope this phase passes quickly.

:willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:  :banghead: BOOYA :banghead:  :willy_nilly:  :willy_nilly:

:grouphug:  :grouphug:   Poor Lana and older DS.

• Like 1

I'm sitting in the car at the college. I had breakfast- one cold hard boiled egg (yuck), some cashews and a banana. I managed to get my water bottle open despite my hands not working today. This was your breakfast report.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rodrigo!  Helicopter, stat!  You are delivering ultra-decadent chocolates to Jeannie!

• Like 2

I was semi-good.  I ate my Uncle Sam cereal breakfast, but forgot to take the metformin with it.  I am instead taking my metformin with lunch -- grocery store sushi.  

DD12 had more spacers put into her mouth this morning, so she needs soft foods for a couple of days.  Since the nearby bagel cafe wasn't having the soups both girls really like (not today, at least) we decided to hit the grocery store deli and pick up lunch.  And supper.  And lunches for the rest of the week.  And another supper or two.

It would have been cheaper to go to their favorite expensive restaurant for lunch, but at least this way my two growing bottomless pits have meals for much of the week.

We bought several different kinds of soup, and pita breads because they came free with the deli soups.

We bought tamales because tamales.

We bought cranberry turkey salad because cranberry turkey, and a bottle of water that came free with the salad.

We bought sushi because this store's is yummy.  The trays of it we got were also VERY freshly made, so DD12's rolls were nice and soft.

We bought trays of mac & cheese because it's almost as good as my Mom's homemade and takes less work, and a tray of spaghetti and meatballs because hungry bottomless pit who likes spaghetti and meatballs.

And in the time it took me to put those groceries away and type this DD12 has consumed an alarming amount of the purchases, and DD15 is still going.

I must eat mine now, before it's suddenly not there anymore.

• Like 5

I transpose letters when I'm tired--I decided that spricto must be the first person present active for spricto, sprictere, spricsi, sprictus--to derp, be derpy.

Can spricto be passive? Sounds to me like an intransitive verb. I think it always needs to be active.
  • Like 2

Time to look for an exit strategy!!!

• Like 4

Good Afternoon!!

I've been busy with doctor's appointments and cleaning and cleaning out.  We are about to get rid of several large items -- the play kitchen, a huge doll crib, toy shopping carts...  Quite a few large items that just take up too much space.

• Like 5