Menu

Ignore this thread!

I like Holland.  Hollis sound pretentious to me.

*heeheehee*

Hollis is the name of a kid in DD's Latin class.  She's been with these kids for almost 2 years now and I just recently realized that Hollis is not a girl but a boy whose voice has clearly not yet changed.  So, for me, Hollis is like "a boy named Sue."

Oh, and yes, I really do have the mind of a 12-year-old!

• Like 4

I just got a private message (not here but on the neighborhood site) from the councilwoman I don't like, inviting me to coffee.  I can't tell if it is an actual personal invitation or if she sent it out generically to people in the area.  I'm assuming that it is somewhat personal?  She referenced something I said, though she twisted it totally out of context, so it has been personalized to some degree.  So now what?  I don't like her.  But it might be for the common good if I did talk to her.  But that takes a certain amount of emotional energy.  This is the woman who told me that I couldn't homeschool without help from the school district (which she probably doesn't remember but I do!) so I don't anticipate any conversation will be straightforward with a lot of common ground. 

I just got a private message (not here but on the neighborhood site) from the councilwoman I don't like, inviting me to coffee.  I can't tell if it is an actual personal invitation or if she sent it out generically to people in the area.  I'm assuming that it is somewhat personal?  She referenced something I said, though she twisted it totally out of context, so it has been personalized to some degree.  So now what?  I don't like her.  But it might be for the common good if I did talk to her.  But that takes a certain amount of emotional energy.  This is the woman who told me that I couldn't homeschool without help from the school district (which she probably doesn't remember but I do!) so I don't anticipate any conversation will be straightforward with a lot of common ground. 

No advice; I'd probably choose selfishly.  Just a :grouphug: .

• Like 3

Good Morning!

I was a good girl and took my arthritis medicine last night.  I didn't get a headache and I slept!   :hurray:

I have just a little bit of a headache this morning, but it's not too bad.

I have a long list of things that I want to get done while I am benefiting from Prednisone Energy.

Also, the spaghetti sauce did not come out of dd6's clothes last night, so I am trying some tricks this morning.  It's one of her favorite outfits*, so I really want to try to get it clean for her.

*outfit = nightgown, because every day is pajama day

Oxyclean

• Like 2

Dd18 fainted in her job shadowing thing today. Twice. The nurse was trying to find a vein for an IV and dd just quietly fell down behind her. Apparently the elderly patient couldn't speak and the nurse couldn't figure out why he kept pointing. :D

They had her sit down in the nurses station and then she found herself slumped down on the desk with a couple nurses trying to revive her. They got her some juice and water and after a while she felt better and continued the rounds with the RN. She said all the nurses were very nice and told her that they all fainted at some point. A guy at dh's work said his brother grew up fainting whenever he saw blood, and he is now a brain surgeon. So dd18 was not too discouraged. :)

There was an Aldi near the hospital so I got my grocery shopping done.

My intended Irish dinner has turned into a German dinner of baked sauerkraut and brats. Though I'll make some Irish soda bread from a mix I got at Aldi. ☘ At least I'm not wearing orange.

We are having a houseguest for about 10 days starting on Sunday. We met him once (dh's niece's "he's not my boyfriend") and invited him to stay here while he does some work in town. He's a nice guy. I am trying not to hyperventilate.

• Like 7

Dd18 fainted in her job shadowing thing today. Twice. The nurse was trying to find a vein for an IV and dd just quietly fell down behind her. Apparently the elderly patient couldn't speak and the nurse couldn't figure out why he kept pointing. :D

They had her sit down in the nurses station and then she found herself slumped down on the desk with a couple nurses trying to revive her. They got her some juice and water and after a while she felt better and continued the rounds with the RN. She said all the nurses were very nice and told her that they all fainted at some point. A guy at dh's work said his brother grew up fainting whenever he saw blood, and he is now a brain surgeon. So dd18 was not too discouraged. :)

There was an Aldi near the hospital so I got my grocery shopping done.

My intended Irish dinner has turned into a German dinner of baked sauerkraut and brats. Though I'll make some Irish soda bread from a mix I got at Aldi. ☘ At least I'm not wearing orange.

We are having a houseguest for about 10 days starting on Sunday. We met him once (dh's niece's "he's not my boyfriend") and invited him to stay here while he does some work in town. He's a nice guy. I am trying not to hyperventilate.

:grouphug:   That is one of the worst things I've heard all day.  I would seriously consider a hotel room if not for him, then maybe for myself.   :laugh:  :mellow:  :svengo:

Oh, and  :grouphug:  for dd too!  

• Like 5

I mopped the kitchen floor. Please, hold the applause.

Brava! Brava! :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:  :hurray:

I suppose, Critter, that you wouldn't like to be Bunny L. Hunter?  ;)

Shhhh, be vewy, vewy, quiet. I'm witing.

• Like 6

I mopped the kitchen floor. Please, hold the applause.

Sent from my HTCD160LVW using Tapatalk

I mopped the front hallway after I did a deep clean of two bathrooms.  Maybe I'll get to the kitchen and dining room tonight.

#PrednisoneEnergy

#AtLeastI'mNotMadThisTimeAround

#RoidRageIsReal :(

• Like 7

I mopped the front hallway after I did a deep clean of two bathrooms. Maybe I'll get to the kitchen and dining room tonight.

:(

Did you read the thing about having a houseguest for 10 days? Please come to my house. Or share your wonderdrug with me.

It's a Plea-for-help Booyah! :D

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends.

People started posting not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on posting here forever just because...

This is the thread that never ends

You'd best come join it with your friends

'Cuz it will replace Facebook as the latest web-based craze

And everyone will post here instead for the rest of their days

This is the thread that's always there

They'll cheer you up so don't despair

The group is growing well as more people start checking in

And we'll keep sucking them in because our cheer is addictive

This is the thread that never ends

It's better than a Mercedes Benz

It helps with coffee withdrawal and other troubles, too

Eleven hundred pages of friends all cheering for you

This thread keeps going on and on

with record-setting length and fun

It started s'venteen months ago from curiosity

and all the fun and frolic has shown this is the place to be

This is the thread that never ends...

And the place where one finds special friends,

the kind that have hearts that are strong and true

Yes, ITT ladies, I am talking to you!

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 7

Do ya'll remember last summer that DH and his brothers finally put their collective feet down and made their mom move out of the 'hood?  Well, there was a fatal stabbing next door to her old house.  The mom allowed an adult child back into the house, who then moved in some more people and, voila!, gang-infested house.  Thank goodness Yia-Yia is now safely across town.  (But middle brother-in-law is back doing more packing [Yia-Yia so far has refused to sell and continues to store stuff there] even though she has a cash buyer interested. :glare: )

• Like 4

For those of you needing a task, please pray for wisdom and discernment for me.  I have a phone interview scheduled with the Company that Fired Me.

I am very ambivalent.

This post is what woke me up and reminded me I, myself, had an interview within the next 2 minutes. 

I pray you received the answers you need.

• Like 4

I just opened the warming drawer thingy under the stove to get a pot out. And a mouse was sitting in my pot just looking at me like I was the intruder. I decided to use a pot from the dishwasher instead.

*Mr. Mouse has been relocated to the field. He probably won't stay there.

• Like 3

I just opened the warming drawer thingy under the stove to get a pot out. And a mouse was sitting in my pot just looking at me like I was the intruder. I decided to use a pot from the dishwasher instead.

*Mr. Mouse has been relocated to the field. He probably won't stay there.

!

• Like 4

. It can be good for the short term.

I know.  I just wish I could have this much energy all the time.

#seriouslycometomyhouse

I'm just getting started on my own.  I will never get it all done before week 4 of the Prednisone ends.

#noforrealsgetmoving

I'm waiting until summer. :)

• Like 5

Did you read the thing about having a houseguest for 10 days? Please come to my house. Or share your wonderdrug with me.

It's a Plea-for-help Booyah! :D

This is the thread that never ends,

It just goes on and on my friends...

But then you would have two houseguests.   :hat:  :hat:  Is it nice in Tennessee yet?

• Like 3