Menu

Ignore this thread!

Dinner was good, but it was more interesting than usual.

Dinner plan of waffles got sidelined by the fact that we didn't have enough mix.

Plan B was pasta.

The table setter was sick, as was the backup, which left little dd9 with a job that she can't do well.  (She's... short.)

Someone accidentally dumped most of a bowl of spaghetti sauce on dd6.  She needed to be cleaned up and re-clothed.

The same someone accidentally dropped pasta into the remaining spaghetti sauce (thereby causing it to be gluten-contaminated).  Luckily, I had already gotten my sauce.

After dinner, the dining room needed a good cleaning, as sauce had splattered onto the floor, chairs, walls, and curtains.

The tablecloth and dd6's clothes are in the washer.  I'm hoping that everything gets clean.

Nothing disastrous.  Just more eventful than I like.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 7

Dinner was good, but it was more interesting than usual.

Dinner plan of waffles got sidelined by the fact that we didn't have enough mix.

Plan B was pasta.

The table setter was sick, as was the backup, which left little dd9 with a job that she can't do well. (She's... short.)

Someone accidentally dumped most of a bowl of spaghetti sauce on dd6. She needed to be cleaned up and re-clothed.

The same someone accidentally dropped pasta into the remaining spaghetti sauce (thereby causing it to be gluten-contaminated). Luckily, I had already gotten my sauce.

After dinner, the dining room needed a good cleaning, as sauce had splattered onto the floor, chairs, walls, and curtains.

The tablecloth and dd6's clothes are in the washer. I'm hoping that everything gets clean.

Nothing disastrous. Just more eventful than I like.

This was probably not intended to be funny, but it kinda was.

I hope the baby didn't drown in spaghetti sauce!

• Like 4

This was probably not intended to be funny, but it kinda was.

I hope the baby didn't drown in spaghetti sauce!

Dd6 decided that she didn't need a bath because you can't really see the spaghetti sauce in her hair (presumably because her hair is red and it blends in).  :)

She's getting a bath now.  And is not happy about it.

• Like 10

Darn it, I missed the anniversary by ONE DAY! I blame the stupidly cold weather. (Seriously. St. Patrick's day, and all the outdoor faucets froze up and I had to carry water to livestock with 2 cracked ribs. Me, not the livestock or the water.)

Here's some happiness for you anyway.

:hurray: :hurray: :thumbup1: :thumbup1: :party: :party: :cheers2: :cheers2:

Congrats on two years of...um...

SWB

(((Susan))). Hope the cracked ribs heal quickly and the faucets are working again. (60 degrees next week!). Happy lambing!

Thanks for our thread and stopping by! ðŸ˜

• Like 5

Krissi, I stumped the dermatologist. She did a biopsy. And had to cauterize it to stop the bleeding. The smell of burning flesh [emoji33]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously, Jeannie? What are we gonna do with you? Nothing but trouble, you are!😜. Well, I hope the biopsy turns out to be nothing. But I'm glad you went in. It's important.
  • Like 4

Tomorrow I'll be going to the funeral of my friend's son who committed suicide. :crying:

The funeral for the baby should be some time next week. :crying:

They were both named Anthony.

:grouphug: :grouphug:

:grouphug: Ellie and friends :grouphug:

:grouphug: :grouphug:

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 4

I agreed to take on a task that DH wanted done by tomorrow morning.  It should have taken only 2-3 hours, but it took about 12 hours.  I'm tired, I yelled at my cat and ordered her inside after finding her killing a rabbit on our doorstep (I sent DH out to deal with the carcass, but it had gotten up and left.  I hope it's okay.).  My wrists hurt because the stupid website I was printing information from wouldn't include the most important details in their print versions (things like times and costs and restrictions on participants) -- I had to hand-write those details on every stinkin' printout.  I must have done about 150 of them.

My kitchen is a mess because no one else in the family saw fit to clean it while Mom was otherwise engaged.  I don't have my own stuff prepped for tomorrow and the weekend, but everyone else has been helped and reminded enough to be sufficiently prepped.

My brain is shutting down.  The kitchen will wait -- all weekend long, if need be.

Unfortunately ITT will have to wait, too.  Note to self:  resume reading at post #86433 on page 1729.

Happy birthdays to all.  Hugs to all  :grouphug:  :grouphug: .  Everyone hang in there, and I'll see you when the weekend is over.

Imma gonna go crash now.   :svengo:

You all really are something special.

• Like 5

Good Morning!

☘☘☘ Happy St. Patrick's Day!! ☘☘☘

I have 12 minutes to finish posting this, eat breakfast, brush my teeth, and skeedadle to drive dd an hour to a regional hospital so she can shadow an RN for a few hours.

Coffee! Coffee!

• Like 7

Good morning!

Coffee and extra coffee please. I'm so sleepy this morning. I could have went back to sleep so easily.

I think it is going to rain today. It would be a nice day to watch movies and relax. But I can't. I'm so far behind on things. So no day off for me. (Said in soup Nazi voice on Seinfeld, no soup for you. No day off for you.) :lol:

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 7

Good Morning!

I was a good girl and took my arthritis medicine last night.  I didn't get a headache and I slept!   :hurray:

I have just a little bit of a headache this morning, but it's not too bad.

I have a long list of things that I want to get done while I am benefiting from Prednisone Energy.

Also, the spaghetti sauce did not come out of dd6's clothes last night, so I am trying some tricks this morning.  It's one of her favorite outfits*, so I really want to try to get it clean for her.

*outfit = nightgown, because every day is pajama day

• Like 11

Now on to the JJM Weather Report (because I know you all are just dying there waiting for an update):  Our County issued a disaster declaration yesterday to help deal with flood mitigation issues.  And we are supposed to get over an inch and a half of rain in the next 36 hours.  :svengo:

The snow on the ground in the valleys (where I live) is rapidly dissolving.  Last Thursday evening I had to rush the short person at the end of tutoring, because we were in the midst of a snowstorm.  DH had to blow snow last Friday.  Our driveway still had the under-blow base (about 4-6 inches of packed snow and ice.)  My footpath across the front yard to the barn road had a similar base and the walls were between my waist and my shoulders.  Yesterday, the driveway was mostly free of snow, my footpath was all (sodden) ground, and the "walls" along the footpath were just below my knees.  Most of the melt occurred in the last few days. :blink:   Where we haven't been blowing, we still have 3-4 feet on the ground.  (Although I do live in a "high snow" area.)  Up on the ski mountain the base was well over 200 inches of snow.  So, needless to say, there's a whole lotta water flowing around here! :blink:

This concludes your JJM Weather Report.  Note:  If you come to visit, do so in the Summer or in the Winter proper.  I would not recommend Spring.

You're welcome.

• Like 9

Uh....well.... Ok, JJM. I think I'm crossing Idaho off my list of places to move to when California has a complete economic meltdown due to inept leadership. 😂😂

And that's a...a... I have no idea what kind of Booya/h!

How about a The-Forsythia-Blooming-in-my-Backyard-is-Making-Me-Happy Booya/h!

That works!😊😊

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 9

:laugh:

This winter has been kinda severe. But, truly, the actual winter part is great. Spring, though: :svengo:

(Come visit in the summer. You'll see why it's totally worth it!)

I know, I was just kidding. Actually, Idaho is still on the top of the list of places we would move to if DH found his dream design job that paid him enough to support a family of seven and we could move my parents, too. 😋
  • Like 2