• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Ellie,

Click on MultiQuote for the first post you want to quote.  It's between the Report button and the Quote button.

The MultiQuote button you just clicked will turn Candy Apple Green :hat: .  You will see a window pop up in the lower right of your screen with a black button that says, "Reply to 1 quoted post(s)" - DO NOT CLICK ON IT.  LEAVE IT ALONE. 

Scroll to the next post you want to quote, and click on the MultiQuote button.  It, too, will turn green, and the number in your black pop up box will change to 2.  "Reply to 2 quoted posts(s)"

Continue to scroll and select the MultiQuote button for all of the quotes you want to use in your post.  When you have selected them all, click on the "Reply to X quoted post(s)"

They will then all appear in your reply box, and you can insert your responses between each one.

Click Add Reply to post.

Continue reading ITT.

Ignore all other threads.

HTH!

THANK YOU!!!

• Like 4

Did you go for bread, buns and tortillas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, yes I did.  Dd asked for toast and we were down to our last few pieces of bread.  

On a side note: we only had frozen chicken, an onion, half a bag of sketchy spinach, cereal, rice, and beans left in the house.  After several days of rice, beans, and chicken, the kids were ready for other choices.

Also: I have wheat, a wheat grinder, tortilla press, and the complete ability to make bread, buns, and tortillas but it's a bad arthritis day.

Finally: I can't ask dh to swing by Costco on the way home because he tried to go pick up a pizza last week and the receipt checker lady was busy with a line of 12 carts trying to get out of Costco so he flashed his card as he walked in and totally got chewed out by the busy body receipt checker lady.  His point: anyone can use the pharmacy without membership, and you have to use the membership card to buy groceries, so what is the freaking point of the greeter card checker anyway???? Also, it's the same lady we see 2-3x a week anyway, so it's not like they don't know him by now. I don't care if he's (semi-understandably irritated), I've now lost my emergency costco trip option while he is busy passively-aggressively ignoring Costco.  Costco doesn't care, honey.

• Like 4

That lady at Costco is a moron. It's not as though you can buy anything without the card. And why on earth do they have the same person checking cards on the way in as checking receipts on the way out? That is also dumb.

At Sam's Club I wave my card vaguely in the checker's direction and he or she waves and say's "Thank you, ma'am."

• Like 2

I'm going to use JAG. Here are my thoughts on the Table of Contents:

Unti 1: Nouns - I know what that is!

Unit 2: Articles and Adjectives - An article is what's written in the newspaper and an adjective describes something. Example: Rachel is a *foolish* person if she thinks that's what an article is.

Unit 3: Pronouns - Nouns that are paid.

Unit 4: Prepositions - About, above, across, against...

Unit 5: Subject and Verb - You just told me what a subject is but I don't remember. Verb = action word! :coolgleamA:

Unit 6: Adverb - Advertising for verbs.

Unit 7: Patterns 1 & 2 - Yay, math!

Unit 8: Pattern 3 - Yay, more math!

Unit 9: Linking Verbs and Patterns 4 & 5 - Now I'm confused.

Unit 10: Helping Verbs - Good. I probably need this.

• Like 6

My new name: She who swims with snakes. :scared:

I'm actually rather fond of snakes. I'm not afraid of them, and I've caught and removed rat snakes from the chicken house, and even caught and relocated a copperhead a few times. And I certainly appreciate that not every water snake is a cottonmouth, and I like them (although they are pugnacious). But you know, when I'm swimming, I'd rather they not be right around me while I'm swimming. And it's their creek and all, but seriously, it's a big hole of water; you don't have to hang out right where I'm at...

Other than fending off snakes, it was a good day of creek school.

(And now I'm starving for chocolate and candy corn and those nasty orange pumpkins.)

• Like 4

I'm actually rather fond of snakes. I'm not afraid of them, and I've caught and removed rat snakes from the chicken house, and even caught and relocated a copperhead a few times. And I certainly appreciate that not every water snake is a cottonmouth, and I like them (although they are pugnacious). But you know, when I'm swimming, I'd rather they not be right around me while I'm swimming. And it's their creek and all, but seriously, it's a big hole of water; you don't have to hang out right where I'm at...

(And now I'm starving for chocolate and candy corn and those nasty orange pumpkins.)

Smooching Babies is better.

• Like 3

I have no trouble with this.  My "Mommy voice" can scare grown men.  (I'm not a mean mom.  I just can be stern and no-nonsense and "don't mess with me".)

Oooh.  A Mommy Voice Booyah!  Notice that I added an h very firmly. 

shocked-smiley-emoticon.gif     shaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif

#noh

Did you go for bread, buns and tortillas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shocked-smiley-emoticon.gifshaking-head-sad-smiley-emoticon.gif

#oxfordcomma

Chocolate is an essential food group.

thumbs-up.gif

It's nap time and Alex is not napping. How should he be punished?

What a naughty baby!  You should banish him - to my house!

• Like 3

Ellie,

Click on MultiQuote for the first post you want to quote.  It's between the Report button and the Quote button.

The MultiQuote button you just clicked will turn Candy Apple Green :hat: .  You will see a window pop up in the lower right of your screen with a black button that says, "Reply to 1 quoted post(s)" - DO NOT CLICK ON IT.  LEAVE IT ALONE. 

Scroll to the next post you want to quote, and click on the MultiQuote button.  It, too, will turn green, and the number in your black pop up box will change to 2.  "Reply to 2 quoted posts(s)"

Continue to scroll and select the MultiQuote button for all of the quotes you want to use in your post.  When you have selected them all, click on the "Reply to X quoted post(s)"

They will then all appear in your reply box, and you can insert your responses between each one.

Click Add Reply to post.

Continue reading ITT.

Ignore all other threads.

HTH!

These are, of course, desktop or "full website" instructions.  If you are trying to multi-quote from a phone or tablet I'm not sure it is possible.

Good news! Dh called the umbrella program (again) and we are no longer truant! Dd can apply to colleges!

Dh said he briefly explained (in a very stern tone) their screw up and our several attempts to contact them and they put him on hold and 30 seconds later everything is magically fixed and hunky-dory.

Go, Dad!

• Like 1

Hello? I already told you this!?

:crying:

I write SOPs for a living. Sometimes it's just one little detail that makes a difference. And you don't always know what that one little thing may be to any given person. Don't click here, or a green button there. Maybe Ellie will tell us what her particular hangup was...

• Like 3

Slache, you know lots of grammar!

I agree, Susan is brilliant!

We survived trip to vet. He wants to try antibiotic with anti-inflammatory spray and something like an anti - anxiety med to discourage obsessive chewing. I wish I had said no to that - pricey. And wants to see him in 10 days. I wish I had said no to that too, lol.

• Like 6

I feel like such a slacker. We did Bible and memory work in the car, dc did school while I worked til 1, took dd to guitar,went to see ds30 for a few, and now neighbor kids are here playing. I should either be on the treadmill or cleaning I am visiting my ITT friends, instead.

I'm have trouble equating any of that to slacker.

• Like 4

Yeah, but... why does it take a man's stern voice to make people do things?  Grrrr

I need one of those devices that alters your voice so I can sound stern on the phone. 

I'd like one, too.  I have also decided that actors/performers who decide to read books for audio recordings should also have these so they don't thoroughly destroy their voices trying to do a different voice for each character.  We are listening to a book on Audible in which the guy reading bugs me at times, partly because he's using some rather silly affectations and falsettos in an attempt to have a separate voice for each character.  For one quite large character he needed a very deep voice, which he managed to pull off (barely), though it hurt my vocal cords to hear it.  He also wasn't able to bellow at that deep of a voice.  If he only had a voice modulator!

• Like 2

You are brave. Me no swim with snakes. No. No. No.

• Like 5

It's nap time and Alex is not napping. How should he be punished?

Lots and lots of tummy raspberries.  And toe tickles.

He also needs to learn how to decipher facial expressions for mental growth and development.  Make with the silly faces!

• Like 3

I'd like one, too. I have also decided that actors/performers who decide to read books for audio recordings should also have these so they don't thoroughly destroy their voices trying to do a different voice for each character. We are listening to a book on Audible in which the guy reading bugs me at times, partly because he's using some rather silly affectations and falsettos in an attempt to have a separate voice for each character. For one quite large character he needed a very deep voice, which he managed to pull off (barely), though it hurt my vocal cords to hear it. He also wasn't able to bellow at that deep of a voice. If he only had a voice modulator!

Voice modulators. Yeah, those thingies. :)

Booyah!

This is the thread that never ends...

Edited by ikslo
  • Like 5

I feel like such a slacker. We did Bible and memory work in the car, dc did school while I worked til 1, took dd to guitar,went to see ds30 for a few, and now neighbor kids are here playing. I should either be on the treadmill or cleaning I am visiting my ITT friends, instead.

Without sufficient social engagement a homeschooling parent can become isolated, crabby, and mind-numbingly stuck into routines.  You are looking after your own mental health, for the sake of your children's happiness and quality of education.   :Angel_anim:

This is NOT slacking.

• Like 5