• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

As part of our honeymoon we bought Super Ambassador tickets to the Polynesian Cultural Center, which got us our own private tour guide and front-and-center seats for most everything.  At the Tonga village they wanted men in the audience to volunteer, so I promptly volunteered my new hubbie.  They had the volunteers dress up and do some drumming.  I have a picture of DH -- he really got into the role.   :laugh:

I figure after that he needs to learn some hula!

:001_wub:

I had a luau for Mr. Ellie's 60th bday, and had some dancers from my halau come and do a little show. They kindly had Mr. Ellie wear a grass skirt and dance to "Hukilau." He was very cute. :smilielol5:

I've been to the Polynesian Cultural Center, but not with a private tour. That would be amazing. :-)

Edited by Ellie
  • Like 6

I see SweatPea and whitehawk dropped in today. I was missing them.

Tomorrow is the Renaissance Fair. There will be a pirate (princess), a gypsy, and a faun attending from my household.

My feet hurt.

I wish I worked from home

I was going to make taco bowls or boats, but we got home too late to want to eat any meat (ground turkey). I'll make them tomorrow.

Slash's children are adorable. But we knew that already. Is that purple streak temporary or permanent?'

We're currently watching El Chapulin Colorado on Netflix.

At the gymnastics event, I signed Gymnast up for a parkour/gymnastics class for the fall 2 session. There was a 10% discount for signing up today. Dancer is also saying she wants to continue her parkour class.

I'm watching episode 2 of Destinos for lesson 2 we're teaching the students next week.

Well, lookie there. This post has been sitting here so long, I've finished watching the episode. My dawgs still hurt. I think I need cross trainer shoes or something. My metatarsals hurt.

I think I'm done rambling for now.

• Like 5

Hmmm. These look promising...

Purple streak is semi-permanent.

I'm a shoe snob. I would spend $200 to get good shoes. These shoes are $200 quality for $40. They're good for any fitness, as well as cleaning and grocery shopping. I love my running shoes more (Brooks Glycerin $135) but they're not good for side jumps, pushups etc. These are great for all sorts of movements. I always get ASICS-GEL(whatever) All ASICS-GELs are essentially the same so I always get last year's model in the least popular color and *boom* $100 off.

Eta: Spelling. It's a thing.

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

I leash Rocky to the table at night to keep him from roaming and getting into the garbage now that his old bones can't tolerate being in his crate at night. In the morning I found him unleashed but fortunately he hadn't realized it. So tonight I made sure to leash him. Five minutes later I found him roaming around. On closer inspection, his collar has broken. Good thing we haven't been leashing him with the bunny around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Jean in Newcastle
  • Like 3

:001_wub:

I had a luau for Mr. Ellie's 60th bday, and had some dancers from my halau come and do a little show. They kindly had Mr. Ellie wear a grass skirt and dance to "Hukilau." He was very cute. :smilielol5:

I've been to the Polynesian Cultural Center, but not with a private tour. That would be amazing. :-)

It was, and it was the biggest splurge of our honeymoon (though the helicopter ride on the Big Island was a close second).  Front & center seats are amazing, especially at the big show later that night.  That fire dancer was right on top of us!  It's a little harder to see the intricacies of some of the dances from that low and close, but it was still fun!

We did discover that our front & center seats were taken over at one of the villages, and we refused to let our guide do anything about it.  It was the Maori village, and there were Maori dignitaries (including an elder or two involved in the donation of the Maori village to the PCC back in the '60s) visiting that day.  Because of their visit there was an even more elaborate greeting ceremony, followed by the dignitaries taking the seats marked for the super ambassador tickets, followed by an even more elaborate stage show.  Our guide wanted to go speak to them about letting us have the seats we paid for, and we flat refused to allow him to do so and took first row seats off to the side where we could see not only the show, but the dignitaries (and their reactions and responses).  We told our guide we were quite happy to let them have the seats because the occasion deserved it and we were getting to witness something we otherwise would not have seen (these visitors were more special than us and SHOULD have the most honored seats).  He was trying to make sure we got everything we paid for and did an outstanding job, so we tipped him heavily at the end of the day (young college man) and told him he really helped make our honeymoon special.  

• Like 5

The day does not look promising for roaming around in nature. On the other hand, waterfalls are best seen when it is raining. Note to self--pack dry socks.

I have no waterfalls here (though DH did say he could build me one -- I declined because our yard can't take even more wet).  Can you post a pic of one sometime?  I'm convinced I not only need periodic outside time, and sky time (a break from being hemmed in by trees), and stop-thinking-and-just-breathe time -- I think I also need periodic natural topography time (everything is very low and very flat here, even flatter than the prairie or Great Plains).  A picture is better than no waterfalls at all.

• Like 2

Gas shortage is preventing extended family from visiting today. :/ I'll go to church. Hoping we can reschedule soon.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:

I hope they get the problem fixed (properly) soon, and get some fuel trucks into the area in the meantime.

I leash Rocky to the table at night to keep him from roaming and getting into the garbage now that his old bones can't tolerate being in his crate at night. In the morning I found him unleashed but fortunately he hadn't realized it. So tonight I made sure to leash him. Five minutes later I found him roaming around. On closer inspection, his collar has broken. Good thing we haven't been leashing him with the bunny around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you considered a larger crate?

It's a Rocky BOOYA!

Edited by Slache
  • Like 3

Slache doesn't need any help with general sassiness.  :001_tt2: :auto:

Well, yes, that goes without saying! 

My foot just cramped in bed. Grrrr.....

I hate it when that happen! 

Happy Sunday!

I slept from 5 a.m. to 8 a.m.

:blink:

I hope you can get a nap in sometime today, Junie! 

The day does not look promising for roaming around in nature. On the other hand, waterfalls are best seen when it is raining. Note to self--pack dry socks.

waterfalls in the rain!   That really sounds quite lovely. Unless it's a deluge. Then it just sounds wet.

Gas shortage is preventing extended family from visiting today. :/ I'll go to church. Hoping we can reschedule soon.

this whole gas shortage thing you guys are talking about doesn't sound good.

Today is church. And then after church the boys are getting baptized. It'll be in a congregant's pool. Our church doesn't have a baptistry.

• Like 8

I think I'm going to walk down the river to visit three pokestops and hatch an egg. Then we'll get dressed and go to the Renaissance fair. Did I mention that my game is working again? Dancer wants to stay at the fair all day. She also wants to carry around a pouch of fairy dust too, though, so...

• Like 7

I skipped church this morning. We're supposed to go to my in-laws this afternoon. I'm thinking about shipping that too. DH can take the boys and I can stay home. I'll clean and do dishes and fold laundry and read my book. Or maybe not do all that other stuff and just read my book.

I'm feeling lazy today.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

• Like 8

Alex's new nickname!

Sunday school is after church?

Our church has two services with Sunday School in between. The services are the same, but the sanctuary is fairly small and can't accommodate the whole congregation. The early service runs about 150 people and the late service 170-200, which is very packed. We usually go to the "less packed" early (8am) service and then SS.

• Like 1

Pure neem oil might work. It's stinky.

It should be most effective if you douse them with it.  You can make it seem like an accident and be all apologetic, but inside you can be declaring, "Be gone!"

• Like 2

DH came in for a cool drink and informed me it is still hot outside.

I informed him we are having soup for supper.

We are in a state-the-obvious mode today.  

I made Scrappy Soup -- it's on the stove now.  I also cleaned most of the kitchen.  Time for water.

• Like 5

I googled "jello ring" because I was thinking a plastic jello ring (with lid) could serve nicely for crocheting from hanks of yarn without first balling the yarn (hanks untwist into nice rings).  Of course, several pictures of various molded jello creations popped up.  One is striped in at least 6 layers of red, white, and blue, and all I could think of was the HOURS someone put into making that come out right.

I might make a cranberry relish jello at Thanksgiving if I thought enough people would eat it (it's actually quite tasty and much better than straight-from-the-can cranberry sauce).  That's the most amount of effort I'd put into jello.  Otherwise it's maybe dump some crushed pineapple into a partially set blob in a bowl.  I just never got that far into the presentation end of things where food is concerned.

• Like 2