Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Wednesday morning!  

(((Mr. Jean   Jean's ds)))  That's a crazy long work day!!!  (oops, I misread that the first time!)

Happy Cupcake Kerfuffle Anniversary, Hive!

(((Susan and Susan's car and Susan's lawnmower)))  Get better, and soon!

Public School starts back today.  Ack!  Where did summer go?  Need more COFFEE!   :willy_nilly:

Edited by Another Lynn
  • Like 4

Good Morning. It is Wednesday. I'm still sleepy, and I slept all night.

Cupcake Kerfluffle. I wasn't here then, but I imagine everyone disagreed about cupcakes. I've heard it mentioned a few times, but still unsure what is was really about. But happy anniversary, hive.

My hand is hurting again. I've been doing a lot of handwriting. Not a lot, but enough to cause it to hurt, I guess.

Jean, glad your ds made it home safe.

Junie, yay! for no headache. I hope you have another headache free day.

I hope everyone has a headache free day. :)

• Like 3

Good Morning Everyone!

COFFEE! I really need it this morning. I slept horribly!

Today is the first day of school! I guess I'm ready! The kids sure aren't. Littlest dd is worried..."but I don't know how to read, Mommy!" "That's what kindergarten is for... to teach you how to read!"

Happy Cupcake Kerfluffle Day!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 8

I guess I can say that Gymnast started school yesterday. She was starting to use up all the construction paper to write the few letters and numbers she knows how to write. I then gave her a couple of Spanish letter sheets to keep her busy while I cleaned. She remained occupied a good while. She showed her paper to her papá to show what she had written. She was so proud. I have realized, though, she is more interested in the process of writing, rather than knowing what she is writing.

Edited by Renai
  • Like 7

Insert very long stream of bad words here for the Filipino telemarketer who called at 6:30 in the morning!

Ain't no words bad enough.. :cursing:

She showed her paper to her papá to show what she had written. She was so proud. I have realized, though, she is more interested in the process of writing, rather than knowing what she is writing. 

Yes! You got a writer! (Both of my boys were the same way--forget that reading thing, just show us where to find the pencils and paper!)

I'm supposed to do school today. I've got to get off my duff and go sort out history and science for the day and get copies for literature and spelling today. I guess I really ought to get started. Le sigh.

• Like 6

Nice!

It has rained so much here in the past month that we are actually still needing to mow the lawn every week. Usually it is so dry we mow till the middle or end of July and then not again until the end of Sept. or October just to tidy up before winter. Naturally, our lawn mower broke last weekend in protest.

The mechanic says the van work will take at least 4 days. FOUR DAYS!! And will cost twice what we originally thought. It is still worth fixing, though, so we must bite the bullet and scramble for the rest of the week with one car. I *could* use the stealth 'copter, but I hate to appear the show-off. :D

Broken lawn mowers and car repairs.  I can't like this.

• Like 3

I guess I can say that Gymnast started school yesterday. She was starting to use up all the construction paper to write the few letters and numbers she knows how to write. I then gave her a couple of Spanish letter sheets to keep her busy while I cleaned. She remained occupied a good while. She showed her paper to her papá to show what she had written. She was so proud. I have realized, though, she is more interested in the process of writing, rather than knowing what she is writing.

Wait, Kindergarten has started? How'd that happen???

I don't know! She just snuck right into it!

• Like 4

This is exactly how I felt when I realized that ds16 had finished 9th grade and I didn't realize that he had even started it.  And I hadn't kept any records.   :svengo:

I guess that is the danger of year-round school and "do the next thing".

• Like 7

While I sit at the school table, I'm trying to sort out a box of cords and chargers to go with our devices. Conclusions I have come to: we need a multi-usb wall charger, and I should buy a usb external battery charger.  We listen to audiobooks in the car via iPad + bluetooth speaker, and the kids occasionally play on their DSs (which I allow on car trips longer than 8 hours), but we always are short on the ability to charge everything at night.  I have two 2 USB ports for my minivan, but our phones take up one, and the iPad & speaker take up the other.

Big family, multiple device problems....

• Like 4

I know, right? Well, she can write the number 1 today thanks to CLE math. And we learned about nekton and .... Something else today in science. Nekton means it has the ability to swim. The other word means it doesn't swim. It sits or crawls or something. Like a crab. Or a clam. So, I would say we has a successful day! Now, off to the dentist.
  • Like 5

I know, right? Well, she can write the number 1 today thanks to CLE math. And we learned about nekton and .... Something else today in science. Nekton means it has the ability to swim. The other word means it doesn't swim. It sits or crawls or something. Like a crab. Or a clam. So, I would say we has a successful day! Now, off to the dentist.

I have never heard of nekton, so I guess I've learned something too. Yesterday, Gymnast was writing four numbers over and over (not in order or sequence) and three letters that she knows. She knows numbers thanks to our microwave. :D I have no idea why she knows the letters A, M, O. Well, M is for mommy, so... We watched La March de las Letras on YouTube as she practiced writing three Spanish vowels. She couldn't tell you the name of those letters today though, lol! My girls' dental appointment is next Wednesday.

• Like 6

Dh's flight was cancelled at the last minute, but he got on another flight leaving at the same time. That flight was delayed twice, apparently because it was too humid out.

#itsnottheheatitsthehumidity

He is now in NY and sent us a picture of the petit fours left for him in the room. One was decorated with a fancy frosting flower and the other with a piece of Double Bubble!

• Like 4

We are seriously considering moving to Texas to be closer to my parents.

We would love to move to Texas, but that would take us very far away from our parents and they wouldn't like that!

Neither would we!

If people will stop pestering me with questions and requests for help, I might just be able to take a shower. Honestly, what am I - a teacher or something? :D

Motherhood is like being pecked to death by a chicken!

And that's a multi-quote Booya/h!

I'm off to do Latin!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 6

My neighbor kindly let us pick tomatoes from his garden this evening. We didn't have a garden this year. We planted a few things, but didn't tend them due to all the things. We picked two 5 gallon buckets full. So we will make juice and can them Friday when ds21 is home to help. He is my canning helper. It is our thing/bonding time. We made strawberry jelly in June. There was 3 batches, if I remember correctly, about 18-21 jelly jars. The other children help too, but he is the one to stick through the hot and heavy stuff.

It is so hot here. Mostly humid. Sweat was dripping off me after picking tomatoes. So I showered for the second time today. I'm ready for fall.

One of our nice shade trees is dying. It is an Ash tree, and all the Ash trees in Indiana are dying due to a disease of some kind. I know what it is, but can't think of it right now. And I'm too lazy to look it up.

We had a good school day. Our "together time" (I don't like that phrase, but haven't come up with anything else yet) was Poetry and Math. So we read our poem for the week. Also I am trying out a book/CD combo called Introduction to Poetry. It is good so far. Then we read the first chapter in Life of Fred Apples. I am not sure about it yet. We done a Mind Bender which the twins enjoyed. I have a math dice game we were going to play, but we had to cut things short to go to the pharmacy for some of mom's refills.

So all in all a good day. Hot, but good. I'm tired, and hope I sleep well.

Here's hoping everyone sleeps soundly with peaceful dreams.

• Like 9

It would be super cool if you ended up closer to me, also!

I lived there before moving to New Mexico. My parents live in the Ft. Hood area. They have 3 acres and said they've already planned where they could put a trailer for us live on the property and have a garden. Out of three girls, I'm the only one that shares gardening and different crafts with my mom. The middle sister is in the DFW area and is involved in commercials and stuff with my niece. My youngest sister's husband is still active duty and moving to different stations. I can't move until Dancer is done with high school and dual enrollment though.

• Like 5

I lived there before moving to New Mexico. My parents live in the Ft. Hood area. They have 3 acres and said they've already planned where they could put a trailer for us live on the property and have a garden. Out of three girls, I'm the only one that shares gardening and different crafts with my mom. The middle sister is in the DFW area and is involved in commercials and stuff with my niece. My youngest sister's husband is still active duty and moving to different stations. I can't move until Dancer is done with high school and dual enrollment though.

Have you checked out dual enrollment there? 

• Like 1

Have you checked out dual enrollment there? 

Where my parents live, they don't have the program she's interested in. I checked last night. She'd be at the same community college I attended, and their culinary program sucks. Here, it is tourist country, and there is excellent culinary instruction. There is also a film program here (a lot of filming goes on here), which is something else she is interested in.  She actually has quite a few interests right now she wants to dabble in, and the cc  in Central Texas doesn't have the same variety of options as here.

• Like 4