Menu

Ignore this thread!

I'm watching the Olympics with one eye, while redirecting DS back to schoolwork with the other. DS is alternating schoolwork, the Olympics, and his wrestling figures.

I really am usually a more dedicated homeschool mom.

Also, something smells like curry right now.

• Like 5

She has "a" basic college math book she's kinda sorta working in, but it's not Lial's. Should it be Lial's?

We have the Pre-Algebra book, and I think it's clear and solid. I haven't seen the BCM text, but I suspect it's similar in layout.  I'd be glad to send you the one I have, so you can take a look.

• Like 1

Sorry, had to go stir the soup.  The BCM text has the content that I think you're looking for, though.  If she likes it, then Pre-A is the next in line.

Personally, I really like the series; it's a good, workman-like text with excellent real-life applications throughout.

• Like 1

We have the Pre-Algebra book, and I think it's clear and solid. I haven't seen the BCM text, but I suspect it's similar in layout.  I'd be glad to send you the one I have, so you can take a look.

Oh, that's so nice. The book is cheap enough for me to get off Amazon though. Thanks! :D

Sorry, had to go stir the soup.  The BCM text has the content that I think you're looking for, though.  If she likes it, then Pre-A is the next in line.

Personally, I really like the series; it's a good, workman-like text with excellent real-life applications throughout.

Now you've got me looking at Lial's prealgebra/introductory algebra texts.

Now you've got me looking at Lial's prealgebra/introductory algebra texts.

I have a combo pre-a/algebra book that we didn't use (instructor's edition.)  You're welcome to it.  Seriously.

Please.

DH would probably pay you to take them.

I have a book hoarding problem.

• Like 5

Good morning!

It seems I am falling back into my cycle of waking at 3am. I was thinking about coming here to see if Dawn and Junie were up, but didn't want to wake dh.

Instead I wrote down some reminders in the dark that actually came out mostly readable. (Dry clean tux, get new cummerbund, pick up dd's ceramic thing)

Hey Lynn, do we get to come to your house for leftover pizza?

I have miles to go before I sleep. But first, coffee!!

#hatethewordcummerbund

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 4

Just before I woke up I was dreaming that my sister and family unexpectedly came to visit and I drove the car partially onto the grass and the tires sank into the mud and the whole car flipped over and the tires broke off. Then a bunch of people came to the house because it was my sister's birthday and I had forgotten and then ds21's parole officer came over to introduce himself and give ds the requirements of his parole, though ds wasn't home, so he gave them to me, and that's when I realized I was still in my pajamas.

• Like 6

Good morning!

Susan, that's a horrible dream, but funny.

I done all the things I had planned yesterday, except the hot dog and smores thing. Dh has poison ivy from weed trimming, and he didn't feel like it. So I cut a watermelon and made watermelon popsicles instead. They were good.

Today, we are going to do a bit of school. We are taking this week slowly and getting into a routine.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.

• Like 4

Good Morning!

COFFEE!

Susan, that was a crazy dream!

Dawn, sorry about DH's poison Ivy. Watermelon popcicles? Just put a stick into a piece of watermelon and freeze it?

Well, today is Monday. We're starting school on Wednesday. I got stuff to do!

• Like 4

Good Morning!

COFFEE!

Susan, that was a crazy dream!

Dawn, sorry about DH's poison Ivy. Watermelon popcicles? Just put a stick into a piece of watermelon and freeze it?

Yep. That's it. I cut a round slice about two inches thick; then cut it like I would a pie. Make a slit in the rind and put a popsicle stick in. Freeze it. Eat and enjoy. :)

• Like 6

I've got stuffs to do, too. I need to prep for Gymnast's school as well. 

I need to get together a routine, a schedule, a plan. The plan is for Dancer's time with me and what it will entail. She's going to be at the college mostly Monday through Wednesday or Thursday mornings. She rides the bus home, so should be home by 2pm. I'm teaching online until 2:30 (I'm being optimistic and assuming I'm getting this other paid job, besides the volunteer teaching I'll be doing). I have all day Friday, the evenings, and weekends with Dancer.

I need a routine for Gymnast, which we mostly have already. I need a schedule for me. My schedule will hopefully include exercising in the morning, instead of 10 'o clock at night. 

Right now, I've already swept the floors, garden communed (included a pre-breakfast snack of 2 sugar snap peas), had breakfast, sent an email to the other 2 volunteer Spanish teachers, and spent time on WTM. I need to straighten the house (living room, kitchen, bathroom, make bed- I'll use my Motivated Moms list), do some planning with Dancer, and plan for Gymnast. Oh! before I start that, I need to finish the shop report for a mystery shopping gig I did at an auto place.

See ya'll!

• Like 3

Yep. That's it. I cut a round slice about two inches thick; then cut it like I would a pie. Make a slit in the rind and put a popsicle stick in. Freeze it. Eat and enjoy. :)

And see here, I was thinking of the long convoluted way to do this. It's just that, we made watermelon Agua Fresca the other day and had that in the brain. Watermelon, cold water, sugar in blender. Add to ice in cup and drink. It's sooo good! For the pops, pour in a popsicle thing and freeze. Dawn's way is much quicker.  :lol:

• Like 1

Morning! Busy, busy day off work today! So far, I've had devotions, and started the washer, dryer, and dishwasher. I'm eating cheese and taking supplements right now, then COFFEE!!!!!

Then I need to vacuum living room, spot clean living room carpet, clean dc bathroom, scoop litter box, empty dishwasher, reload dishwasher, clean kitchen a little, and at some point get some pantz. Dd will help when she's up. Ds needs to straighten up his room.

Ddil is coming over, we're taking dgc shopping for a few school clothes, then bringing some of them back here and taking three of them for haircuts.

Dh went back to work today.

I now down 34 pounds!!!

I might have to go to work for an hour sometime today.

Have a great day, y'all!!

:party: :coolgleamA:

• Like 1

Checking in from Panera.  My car is being serviced - my annual big servicing before camp.  I'm hoping that Dan the mechanic can figure out finally what has been leaking for months. 

I also walked over to the kids' doctor's office to find out if they were up-to-date on their immunizations for camp.  They are.

I need to focus on camp lessons now.  I'm a bit distracted though by the Asian woman sitting in front of me who I think has mental health issues because I do not see signs of a bluetooth and she is talking and reading aloud very animatedly.  I'm also distracted by the Japanese people behind me who are loudly discussing a friend of theirs who works at a noodle shop in Japan.  That's the danger of being bilingual - you can eavesdrop too easily! 

OK - time to put blinders on. 

• Like 5

Checking in from Panera.  My car is being serviced - my annual big servicing before camp.  I'm hoping that Dan the mechanic can figure out finally what has been leaking for months. 

I also walked over to the kids' doctor's office to find out if they were up-to-date on their immunizations for camp.  They are.

I need to focus on camp lessons now.  I'm a bit distracted though by the Asian woman sitting in front of me who I think has mental health issues because I do not see signs of a bluetooth and she is talking and reading aloud very animatedly.  I'm also distracted by the Japanese people behind me who are loudly discussing a friend of theirs who works at a noodle shop in Japan.  That's the danger of being bilingual - you can eavesdrop too easily! 

OK - time to put blinders on. 

I like Panera!

I live eavesdropping!

Got some laundry folded. I hate folding laundry.

Kids are vegging out watching the Olympics!

• Like 4

Last night I was rudely awakened at 2 a.m. by a cat that was meowing in a loud, pathetic manner.  Seriously, I thought it was dying.  It was right outside my window down on the patio.  So me in my kerchief, I went down there to investigate, you know?  I opened the patio door and saw nothing.  No sign of a cat. Except that the umbrella had been left up.  So I walked over in my bare feet to close it, and as I was doing so, I looked down.  There by my feet was a dead mouse.  Fantastic.  I left it there and went inside to wash my feet. 

It was gone this morning.

Thinking about it today, I think that the space carved out between my house and the thyme is not the work of a bunny as my DH supposed, but rather that of this mysterious cat.  Which is not so good considering DH and DS are both allergic.  Also not good because DH put out traps and poison this past Friday when he discovered evidence of mice in the one lower kitchen cupboard.  Which normally doesn't bother me due to lack of pets in our house, but now that I know there is a cat around, what if the mouse was dead due to the poison and the cat found him?  We figured we caught him in the trap (caught a big, fat one), but surely there were others.  Now I feel bad that I did not dispose of last night's mouse immediately, and that the poor kitty might end up with quite the tummy ache - or worse...

• Like 2

Nobody is taking this thread seriously.

this is because.... 

I've been kicked off the boards all day. :(

But, they seemed to resolved the problem!

Had lunch. I'm trying to reduce my intake of carbs, so I had quinoa salad with tomatoes, avocado and olives.

• Like 3

Good morning!

It seems I am falling back into my cycle of waking at 3am. I was thinking about coming here to see if Dawn and Junie were up, but didn't want to wake dh.

Instead I wrote down some reminders in the dark that actually came out mostly readable. (Dry clean tux, get new cummerbund, pick up dd's ceramic thing)

Hey Lynn, do we get to come to your house for leftover pizza?

I have miles to go before I sleep. But first, coffee!!

#hatethewordcummerbund

Sorry, no.  Those boys grazed on it all afternoon and ate every bite!  

Yay for Renai for a plan that's coming together.

Yay for Dawn dipping toes into school work.  With everything you have going on, you have to feel like a champion to get started with school too.

Yay for Angi losing weight.

By the way, today is our wedding anniversary.  24 years.  Dh sent me roses and posted a nice picture of us on Facebook.   :001_tt1:

• Like 8

Last night I was rudely awakened at 2 a.m. by a cat that was meowing in a loud, pathetic manner.  Seriously, I thought it was dying.  It was right outside my window down on the patio.  So me in my kerchief, I went down there to investigate, you know?  I opened the patio door and saw nothing.  No sign of a cat. Except that the umbrella had been left up.  So I walked over in my bare feet to close it, and as I was doing so, I looked down.  There by my feet was a dead mouse.  Fantastic.  I left it there and went inside to wash my feet. 

It was gone this morning.

Thinking about it today, I think that the space carved out between my house and the thyme is not the work of a bunny as my DH supposed, but rather that of this mysterious cat.  Which is not so good considering DH and DS are both allergic.  Also not good because DH put out traps and poison this past Friday when he discovered evidence of mice in the one lower kitchen cupboard.  Which normally doesn't bother me due to lack of pets in our house, but now that I know there is a cat around, what if the mouse was dead due to the poison and the cat found him?  We figured we caught him in the trap (caught a big, fat one), but surely there were others.  Now I feel bad that I did not dispose of last night's mouse immediately, and that the poor kitty might end up with quite the tummy ache - or worse...

Update: DH checked it out further and thinks it was a bunny home, and the cat was digging at/attacking the bunny nest.  :( 

Bad kitty!

• Like 3

Happy Anniversary, Lynn and Mr. Lynn!!! Woo Hoo!!!

:party: :hurray: :party: :hurray: :party:

:party: :hurray: :party: :hurray: :party:

Eta: that was very sweet of your dh. My dh sent me roses about 15 years ago on Valentine's day. I haven't forgotten it, yet.

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 1

Happy anniversary, Lynn!

I'm back from work. I feel like my mind is a pond, and somebody chucked rocks at it all day. Thoughts swimming on top of other thoughts and nothing coherent happening. That might be work related. Or it might be sleep deprivation related. 

It rained a lot for August. I wonder if I dare go hunt a waterfall this weekend.

ETA: The play I went to see was good, but I was seriously disturbed by my very nice brother playing the bad guy. Or maybe I was disturbed because he made such a perfectly despicable bad guy. :laugh:

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 6

Happy Anniversary Mr. & Mrs. Lynn! That's awesome!

Critter, that's a great word picture! The mind being a pond and the rocks thing.

We're back from the Big City. Now, I gotta make dinner. I'm a little tired of making dinner. I'm really tired of this "no-sugar" thing. I really want homemade icecream right now.

• Like 7