Menu

Ignore this thread!

9 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

We have had the lasagna dinner and lit the Advent candles for Christmas Eve and read the Christmas story and sung the songs and opened presents.  Now mom and I are making breakfast egg bake and a pumpkin pie and everyone is watching Home Alone.

I'm glad you're having a good time. ☺

Edited by Slache
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Deck the halls with cows and holly,

Boo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-oo-ya!

'Tis the season to eat red velvet cake,

Don we now our strechy pa-ants,

Wow I didn't know this song referenced booze,

Happy birthday Jesus! 

Edited by Slache, Yesterday, 11:18 PM.  2016

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I just posted this on the nativity thread, but thought I would put it here, too.  Dd12 has loom knitted before, but wanted to learn to knit on needles.  She watched one youtube video and figured it out.

Anyway, she created this project herself and calls it a Knit-ivity.

IMG_3701.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Junie said:

I just posted this on the nativity thread, but thought I would put it here, too.  Dd12 has loom knitted before, but wanted to learn to knit on needles.  She watched one youtube video and figured it out.

Anyway, she created this project herself and calls it a Knit-ivity.

IMG_3701.JPG

Wow - that's really nice!  I love the design!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KrissiK said:

Car ride didn’t happen. That’s ok. I laid around, took a nap and finished Bonhoeffer. That book about did me in. I need some light-weight entertaining novel to balance me out. Whew.

I've been working through a couple Bill Bryson books.  One Summer: America, 1927 currently.  It's really interesting and entertaining.  

I need to find my Tim Challies reading challenge page.  I've started a small collection of books to work through in the new year.  Do you do them in order, or jump around the list?

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you know the neighborhood app? If not it's an app that locals can post about if they've found a dog or something. Anyway, someone posted a follow-up on asking for help for Christmas. Apparently the neighborhood outfitted them with Christmas dinner and gifts for the kids. So sweet.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Susan in TN said:

I've been working through a couple Bill Bryson books.  One Summer: America, 1927 currently.  It's really interesting and entertaining.  

I need to find my Tim Challies reading challenge page.  I've started a small collection of books to work through in the new year.  Do you do them in order, or jump around the list?

I jump around all over the list, and I do a lot of “Read a Book of Your Choice.”

yay, I got another Booya/h!! It’s a Reading Challenge Booya/h!!

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Susan, I glued my list into a composition book and then check off the categories and list the books. This is my fourth year doing the challenge and I’m in the same composition book, so I can keep a running list of everything I have read in the last 3 years.

5AFD3E2F-7E84-4A80-AD1F-7B1C71838C9A.jpeg

88EA857B-B763-43FD-A465-272500441660.jpeg

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

7 hours ago, KrissiK said:

Susan, I glued my list into a composition book and then check off the categories and list the books. This is my fourth year doing the challenge and I’m in the same composition book, so I can keep a running list of everything I have read in the last 3 years.

5AFD3E2F-7E84-4A80-AD1F-7B1C71838C9A.jpeg

88EA857B-B763-43FD-A465-272500441660.jpeg

I love it!  I'm going to copy you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Morning!  Happy Saturday.

I finally heard from my dad yesterday.  We were driving home from dinner at my mom's house and he called so we talked in the car.   He's not doing great, he says because he's old.  He's in his 80's.  Just feeling tired and not being able to get around as much.   He said they were being careful and not going out much, but then was talking about the kids they had visiting coughing and sneezing (we could hear it in the background, I'm not sure who the kids are, his wife's sister's maybe).   😕

We have a nice fire going this morning since temperatures are down to the teens.   We didn't have one much before because the thermostat was in the same room as the fireplace so it would turn off the heat in the rest of the house.  Now that we have the mini-splits, we don't have that problem.  

I'm trying to decide if I'm just going to relax and take it easy today or run by the science center to check on things, or stay home and work on classes, or .....  It's really really cold so I'm tempted to do option 1 or 2 that don't involve leaving the house.   I took care of the animals on Thursday so they would be okay for a few days.  

• Like 3

Good Morning!!!!

COFFEE!!!!~D

Saturday!!!

it’s a tad bit rainy out. I don’t know if it will materialize into anything significant or go away.

I guess I will attempt to clean up a bit around here. We finished the day yesterday watching A Christmas Carol with George C.Scott. What a tear-jerker. I love that movie.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I got a Foodsaver for Christmas.  What should I do with it?

I used this one time at a food saving party with a Mexican family. They bought (guessing) a cow, 15 chickens, and 40 fish when they harvested their several acres of fruits and vegetables. They made everything you can imagine and the food saver (commercial size) was a big part of that. Doing a smaller version of that would be cool.

• Like 1