Menu

Ignore this thread!

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!!

School and work!!!

Last night I had an extremely vivid dream that seems like it was straight out of my anxiety closet. I was in some city and knew which buses I had to take to get home, but the right one just never came. Bus after bus came to the terminal and I would ask if it was the right one and it never was. So then I started thinking about other options to get home, but I didn’t know how else to get home other than the bus. Now, someone tell me the psychological meaning of that dream.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, KrissiK said:

Good Morning!!!

COFFEE!!!~D

Friday!!!!

School and work!!!

Last night I had an extremely vivid dream that seems like it was straight out of my anxiety closet. I was in some city and knew which buses I had to take to get home, but the right one just never came. Bus after bus came to the terminal and I would ask if it was the right one and it never was. So then I started thinking about other options to get home, but I didn’t know how else to get home other than the bus. Now, someone tell me the psychological meaning of that dream.

It's supposed to mean a desire for stability or feeling unstable. 

I have a similar dream all the time.  Usually I know I'm in NYC.  Usually I don't have money to get home even though I know multiple ways.  Usually I have at least one child with me.  Eventually I usually figure out to go to the police station and ask for help. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Slache said:

10-11 between lights out and lights on. Sometimes they sleep like babies, but we will go through weeklong cycles of not sleeping well and that's what I want to fix.

J, M can't fall asleep.

J, A get up to early.

J, M, A sleepwalk (but only A is difficult)

J, M, A wake often in the night

You've probably tried this already, but putting epsom salts in some of my kids' baths worked wonders for them.  Oral magnesium was useless.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Jean in Newcastle said:

Because I haven't proved that the bunnies are real lately:

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/F8gEbNS.jpg[/img]

Don't be fooled by Aria's sweet look.  She was grumpily cussing me out with bunny grunts when I took this picture.

http://[img]https://i.imgur.com/lOquAik.jpg[/img]

Why is this linked instead of showing in your post? I rarely click on links.

Whoops! Just read further down and see you're having upload issues. Sorry.

Edited by Servant4Christ

Last night I dreamed that the boys told me they wanted to put up the chickens but they couldn't because they couldn't find any of them. So I went out, and they were all there, plus about twenty more, and there were so many chicks and half-grown chickens running around. Clearly, they had multiplied on me.

I said we needed to either build a bigger barn or eat chickens.

We built a bigger barn.

I have no idea what that dream means either. LOL.

Edited by Critterfixer
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good morning!  Happy Friday the 13th! 😁

When I was in high school, I would panic every day after school because I was nearly blinded with the daylight when coming out of the building and couldn't open my eyes long enough to find my bus in the lineup of 20 or 30 buses out front.  I didn't have the good sense to find myself a pair of dark sunglasses.

My one playing job this fall has been cancelled.  I am really bummed.  It pays super well and the music is always beautiful and fun (not stressful).  I guess it was to be expected.

My kids are all applying to be extras on Stranger Things.  I don't know where they got this idea, but at this point I'm like, what the heck, might as well.

Coffee!

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

I haven't read Yankee Doddle Boy, but my kids liked Johnny Tremain OK. We did it as a read-aloud.  With the rate Oldest goes through books, you could probably do both! 

Guess I'm asking for age appropriateness. No romance, swearing, or graphic violence.

His favorites are Tom Sawyer, Om-kas-toe , Summer of the Monkeys, My Side of the Mountain, The Captain's Dog, By the Great Horn Spoon, The Great Turkey Walk, and every book he's read by O'Steele. He's read all of these many times.

Edited by Servant4Christ

57 minutes ago, Susan in TN said:

You've probably tried this already, but putting epsom salts in some of my kids' baths worked wonders for them.  Oral magnesium was useless.

Oh, we stopped doing this!

52 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

EdPo:

Johnny Tremain or Yankee Doodle Boy? This is for Oldest. 4th grade.

Johnny Tremain. Also Johnny Cash.

29 minutes ago, Servant4Christ said:

Guess I'm asking for age appropriateness. No romance, swearing, or graphic violence.

His favorites are Tom Sawyer, Om-kas-toe , Summer of the Monkeys, My Side of the Mountain, The Captain's Dog, By the Great Horn Spoon, The Great Turkey Walk, and every book he's read by O'Steele. He's read all of these many times.

Your kid sounds like my kid and you should check out The Green Ember and Lore (Mahnkee).

18 minutes ago, myblessings4 said:

Yes to epsom salts baths.  There's also good topical magnesium spray 

Everyone get naked and turn in circles!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

On 11/10/2020 at 5:30 PM, Æthelflæd said:

Someone is going to need to have another baby if this keeps up with the growing like crazy and whatnot. 

Not it.

On 11/11/2020 at 10:39 PM, Junie said:

I know some people with genealogy groups (such as the Mayflower) require proof of ancestry.  Well, since my mother can't prove that she is her father's daughter, I can't prove the ancestral line either.  It's not really important to me to "prove" it, which is a good thing because it is unlikely to ever happen.

I don't suppose she's old enough to be listed on a released census (if they would take that)? My grandmother is listed as a child living with her parents in 1940.

On 11/12/2020 at 2:53 PM, Slache said:

I have 3 children (9, 7, 4) who all sleep poorly. They can't fall asleep or stay asleep and they wake up early. I can't help but think this is an external problem since it's all 3 of them.

They do have being related to your husband in common.

Edited by Carolina Wren
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Servant4Christ said:

I've never had this. What exactly is in it?

I made meatloaf. It disappeared before I could get a second slice.

ground beef (browned), diced onion, can of corn, can of crushed tomatoes, can of black beans, can of kidney beans, package of taco seasoning and ranch seasoning (but I don't put all of the seasoning packets in because I think it's too salty.)  You can top with cheese, sour cream, and chips if you want.  Also - it's good on the stove or in the crock pot - either one.  #lazycookingisbest

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

I really mad that my order with mags.com didn't go through.  Or, appears not to have.  I ordered from a catalogue.  Gave my opinion & got an offer for free mags.  In years past, I would have HATED that.  But, hey, there's no clutter here & I'm old school, so, "Why not?" I thought.  I ordered some travel magazines, antiques and car/driver for DH.  We are 'throw away right away' types, so I am not concerned about them hanging around long.  But, the dumb 'complete magazine order' screen kept spinning and spinning and spinning, ad nauseam.  I just clicked off of the page.   No patience for it! 

Another Lynn, I will make that soup!

• Like 2

I am wiped out. I’m so tired I ache.  Oldest DD is at Sadie Hawkins tonight. She has a “date” but there’s 10 kids all going together. They all looked so cute. I’m feeling a bit maudlin tonight. My sweet girl is growing up. And I always roll my eyes at people who are maudlin about their kids growing up, but I am doing it now.

• Like 5

14 hours ago, DorothyNJ said:

It's supposed to mean a desire for stability or feeling unstable. 

I have a similar dream all the time.  Usually I know I'm in NYC.  Usually I don't have money to get home even though I know multiple ways.  Usually I have at least one child with me.  Eventually I usually figure out to go to the police station and ask for help. 

Hmmm, interesting. Sounds like a reasonable interpretation. I did have one child with me. Baby.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Carolina Wren said:

They do have being related to your husband in common.

Are you referencing his sleep issues? I've been really worried about that with the first 2. According to everything I've read it's not supposed to show until your 30s but we know for sure he started in his teens at the latest.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Aw, cute bun-bun, Jean!

Happy 100 to Baby!

I feel for you, Krissi.  

Good morning, Everyone (Coffee in and working)

Oh, why Epson salts b/f bed?  I don’t have any.  Maybe inherited a box, long thrown away.  What exactly does one do with them?  I vaguely remember the box talking about sprains, etc.  How/what??  Although I raised my fam w/out them, I think I might need to keep some on hand.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Familia said:

Aw, cute bun-bun, Jean!

Happy 100 to Baby!

I feel for you, Krissi.  

Good morning, Everyone (Coffee in and working)

Oh, why Epson salts b/f bed?  I don’t have any.  Maybe inherited a box, long thrown away.  What exactly does one do with them?  I vaguely remember the box talking about sprains, etc.  How/what??  Although I raised my fam w/out them, I think I might need to keep some on hand.

Epsom salts: they give your body a good dose of magnesium, which can help with sleep, anxiety,  and muscle issues.  And constipation, lol.  Just swirl in a cup or so to a warm bath and soak.

Many people tend to be magnesium deficient, and this is a pretty cheap and relaxing way to deal with it.  I don't think the soak has to be right before bed. 

Edited by Susan in TN
  • Like 3

Good morning!

Today is my 51st birthday, but we celebrated yesterday since dh and ds16 left at early o'clock for a backpacking trip.  "I don't remember one thing about the day I was born." (Anyone know of what book that's the first sentence?) 

I have Things to do today.  Library pick-up, Scout auction drop-off, and puppy training session.  I told the girls we could bring the puppy to the dog park some time this afternoon.  Maybe after the training session.

Coffee!

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Another Lynn said:

ground beef (browned), diced onion, can of corn, can of crushed tomatoes, can of black beans, can of kidney beans, package of taco seasoning and ranch seasoning (but I don't put all of the seasoning packets in because I think it's too salty.)  You can top with cheese, sour cream, and chips if you want.  Also - it's good on the stove or in the crock pot - either one.  #lazycookingisbest

This sounds yummy. I agree with the hashtag. I'm cooking lentil stew in a similar fashion for dinner tonight. No browned burger, though. I use crumbled up leftover meatloaf.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, KrissiK said:

I am wiped out. I’m so tired I ache.  Oldest DD is at Sadie Hawkins tonight. She has a “date” but there’s 10 kids all going together. They all looked so cute. I’m feeling a bit maudlin tonight. My sweet girl is growing up. And I always roll my eyes at people who are maudlin about their kids growing up, but I am doing it now.

I remember feeling this way about TO (true oldest). Enjoy it. Now, more than ever, I realize just how quickly it goes by.

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Another Lynn said:

Happy Nirthday Susan!!!  ❤️  🎉  🎂  Hope you get to enjoy a favorite treat today! 

Thanks!  There is a piece of leftover cheesecake that I have my eye on!  I had key lime birthday pie last night.  😊  Right now I am lazing about with Christmas catalogs and coffee, Servie-style, with real cream and a bit of leftover reddi-whip.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Good Morning!  I slept in a little bit today and it was so nice.   I'm having my tea and a nice egg sandwich that dh made for me before he went outside to power wash the chimney.  Evidently that is the next item on the list, they are going to be stuccoing the outside of the very old chimney.   And eventually the inside too I think.  

I'm heading over to the science center in a little while.  I'm meeting up with my teacher to develop some plans for makeup classes since we've already had to cancel a few times.   We have options, it's just a matter of working out the details and implementing them.  

• Like 2

This week everyone seemed to be feeling blah and dreary.  I think it was the weather.  It was blah and dreary.   Today I feel much better.  Maybe because I slept better.  Maybe because it's bright and sunny (but cold) outside.  

ETA:  Hmmm, a dreary blah booya?  NO!  A bright and sunny booya!

Edited by DorothyNJ
  • Like 4

I bought a vibrating, warming foot bath a while ago with a gift card I had and dh made fun of me.   Guess who uses it just as much, if not more than I do?  Yep, dh.   We use lavender epsom salts and it is soooo amazing.   Our tub isn't very deep or long so we don't do full baths often, but the foot bath is wonderful.  We both have old/long term ankle and knee injuries and it really does help. 

Which reminds me, dh seems to have messed up his recently operated on knee doing all this outside work on the house.  I should tell him to soak his feet because it may help.  

Edited by DorothyNJ
  • Like 5

I am really kind of enjoying high school vicariously through DD. She is everything I never was in high school. I was shy, awkward, lacked self-confidence, went along with the crowd and was basically an idiot. She is pretty and sweet and has a lot of friends. She has strong convictions and won’t let people push her around. She works hard and actually had quite a few boys indicate to her that they wanted to go to Sadies with her, but she’s kind of clueless that all these boys like her.

• Like 3