Menu

Ignore this thread!

Still recovering.

Have taken a break from HP movies to watch Pirates of the Caribbean movies...found Uncle Vernon in the fourth one. That means I own eight movies with Uncle Vernon in them. What are the chances?

Feel well enough to begin being bored, but not well enough to actually do anything about it. ::heavy sigh::

That is all. Wish some of you could come visit me IRL.

• Like 7

• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Still recovering.

Have taken a break from HP movies to watch Pirates of the Caribbean movies...found Uncle Vernon in the fourth one. That means I own eight movies with Uncle Vernon in them. What are the chances?

Feel well enough to begin being bored, but not well enough to actually do anything about it. ::heavy sigh::

That is all. Wish some of you could come visit me IRL.

Who is Uncle Vernon? A real uncle? or a character from another movie? 

http://www.paleonewbie.com/paleo-maple-bacon-donuts/

Ok, somebody make these. :)

ETA: Or tell me what I should sub in place of the coconut stuff.

Also, voodoo doughnuts is now in Austin, TX. 

Can you not have the coconut flour? It's so unique and absorbs so much liquid that it's sometimes hard to replace. 

You could try oat flour or oat fiber (different than oat bran) if you can use oats, but you'll need to lessen the liquid or increase the flour. 

ETA: This might be more fool proof, instead of guessing with substitutions. 

http://fearlessdining.com/2014/05/03/easy-gluten-free-maple-bacon-mini-donuts/

Edited by Southern Ivy
  • Like 1

Little Miss Sunshine, to enjoy the normalcy of not normal. :)

In spite of myself, I laughed until I about peed my pants during the inappropriate dance scene.  Best guilty pleasure movie ever.

I have never been to Seattle.  I saw a movie that was partly based in Seattle.  And I think it is wet there.  That is all.   :)

I've never been anywhere on the West coast, 

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 1

As for the West Coast, I have been to San Diego and LAX.

As for the Great Big Middle, I have only been as far west as Illinois (with an hour in St. Louis).

I have never been to Texas.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 1

Today was exhausting, but I got my plans done for the next two English classes (one of which I will have a substitute for)  Tomorrow I need to pick up pictures at Walgreens, fill my migraine script, grade student essays and homework, and do school with little dd.  I think I will send her to practice so I can have a quiet couple of hours.  I went to my sad peeps group (AKA Grief Group for little dd which is really for me since I am the sad one but she is my ticket in and loves it so we go).  I love my sad peeps.  I told them I am not really thinking about Nan but my mom and then I cried and said how I like that in that room everyone is sad and out there, in the world, you have to pull it together and all.  I cried and so did they.  Then I told them that we are "out there", too.  It's been ten years this year since my mom died, and I know now I will never be okay with it and I will long for her until I die.  And then no more.   :)

:crying:  Since this place is also other-worldly, we don't have to pull it all together here, either.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

• Like 4

What a tragedy!

I've been North, South, and East but never West.  I've been to Canada and Mexico and the Bahamas.  I don't want to go anywhere ever again.  I like it just fine right here.  Dh wants to travel. I think he should join a travel group because I'm not up for it, dude.

My brother lived in Fort Worth for a few years.  But it was easier (and cheaper) for a single guy with a dog and a truck to travel to visit me than for me to take the whole crazy circus to visit him.

Edited to fix grammar.

Edited by Junie
  • Like 2

:crying:  Since this place is also other-worldly, we don't have to pull it all together here, either.   :grouphug:  :grouphug:

True.  But you do have to go about grocery shopping without crying or you will draw unwanted attention.   ;)

Edited by texasmama

My brother lived in Fort Worth for a few years.  But it was easier (and cheaper) for a single guy with a dog and a truck to travel to visit me than for me to take the whole crazy circus to visit him.

Edited to fix grammar.

:001_wub:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 1

True.  But you do have to go about grocery shopping without crying or you will draw unwanted attention.   ;)

There were three suicides and a murder represented.  One man is rearing his friend's daughter's two kids - ages 8 and 1.  He is 57.  Heavy stuff.  I love it so much.

When I said "this place", I meant the ITT.  We're our own care group.

Crying while grocery shopping -- not recommended.  If I go grocery shopping when I'm emotional... let's just say it's a very expensive trip.  :)

• Like 5

When I said "this place", I meant the ITT.  We're our own care group.

Crying while grocery shopping -- not recommended.  If I go grocery shopping when I'm emotional... let's just say it's a very expensive trip.   :)

Oh good, now I get it.  :D

I'm not very normal here.  The relative anonymity causes me to spout out my thoughts sans filter more than usual. :leaving:

• Like 4

As for the West Coast, I have been to San Diego and LAX.

As for the Great Big Middle, I have only been as far west as Illinois (with an hour in St. Louis).

I have never been to Texas.

I never planned to live in Texas.

I lived in San Diego for 12 years, and San Jose for 18.

I lived in the Norfolk, Virginia, area for about 15 years total; and Charleston, S.C., for 10 months.

I've never been north of New York City, but I have driven all the borders of the U.S. (except for the most northeastern one). I haven't been to South Dakota or Wyoming, or Missouri.

That is all.

• Like 4

BTW, this evening, one cat threw up a lot.  Then I cleaned it up with a long discarded Spanish homework paper. Then the other cat dragged a piece of poop on her butt (I suspect) and left it on top of the top loading litter box.  It had litter on it so I deduce it originated from the cat box.  How do you like my detective skills so far?

Remind me why I wanted all these creatures again?

Edited by texasmama

Good-bye, Leap Day...

At sad peeps group, a 14 year old and her mother asked me why there is a Leap Year, like where the extra day comes from and is it connected to daylight savings time.

I explained it several times in simple terms, but I'm not sure they understood it.

#homeschoolergeekproblems

• Like 4

Even after waking up at 4:30 a.m.  :blink: , I am apparently not going to crash.

I am just fading away into nonsense and giddiness.   :biggrinjester:

See y'all tomorrow!

This is what is happening to me.  Waiting up for dh to get home from seeing a building for work, but I am goofy with tiredness.

Bob's my uncle. :D

Actually, I had an uncle Bob who lived in Seattle but he died last fall. (Different Bob from the automotive stop. Didn't know him personally.)

Oh... I just thought because you mentioned his place. :D

• Like 1

I never planned to live in Texas.

I lived in San Diego for 12 years, and San Jose for 18.

I lived in the Norfolk, Virginia, area for about 15 years total; and Charleston, S.C., for 10 months.

I've never been north of New York City, but I have driven all the borders of the U.S. (except for the most northeastern one). I haven't been to South Dakota or Wyoming, or Missouri.

That is all.

Ellie, geographically all you and I have in common is Missouri and our lack of visiting that state.

The northern border is flipping BORING.

However, there is a funny blog about it:

• Like 1

Good Tuesday Morning!

Brain dead Tuesday for Susan.  9 More to go ?

I was pretty sure Bob was your uncle.  :D

Tex - travel group - that is brilliant.  I will sign my dh up to go with yours.  I want to stay home.  Unless I'm going to see ITT peeps - and then I'm traveling alone. 

• Like 6

Good Morning!!

It's another regular day here. The rest of the week will be rough, but somehow I will manage.

:grouphug: Tex

Ellie, I know what you're saying. You feel like doing something, but when you do, it is exhausting. It is very frustrating. It took me about a week, after I started to feel better, to gain some energy.

I would love to travel. Dh won't leave the U.S.

I hope every one has a wonderful Tuesday.

• Like 5

At sad peeps group, a 14 year old and her mother asked me why there is a Leap Year, like where the extra day comes from and is it connected to daylight savings time.

I explained it several times in simple terms, but I'm not sure they understood it.

#homeschoolergeekproblems

Some idiot on KLOVE called in and tried to tell them that we have an extra day because of Joshua 10:13: So the sun stood still, and the moon stopped, Until the nation avenged themselves of their enemies. Is it not written in the book of Jashar? And the sun stopped in the middle of the sky and did not hasten to go down for about a whole day.…

Even IF that was the reason, we would only need to have ONE leap year to make up that day. Not hundreds. His math was horribly flawed. The DJ was nice and humored him, but some people just need to not be able to call into radio stations.  :lol: 

Ellie, geographically all you and I have in common is Missouri and our lack of visiting that state.

Well, you can both come visit me and take care of that Missouri issue. :) 

• Like 4

Good morning, all! I do not want to be up. It took ever ounce of will power I had to not roll over in bed and go back to sleep! I

This video is hilarious. As are most of the other CGP Grey videos. Dh and I will sit and watch them for evening entertainment, the one on coffee is awesome. So is the one on the planets. But the Canada border one is really quite hysterical. I really need to see the "no touching zone" for myself. Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

You know that nice trip for ice cream last night? Three of us had nightmares on and off all night. I woke up crying and whimpering at one point. One of the sons had a dream about the death of our sweet old cat. :sad:  I think all three of us are swearing off ice cream sundaes after dark.

• Like 4

Oh, no! That is terrible, critter. :grouphug: to you all

ETA: oh, my! An empathy booya(h)!

Susan's song. :)

By the way, this thread is very educational. I bet I have looked up at least 20 words (or more) to make sure I am using them correctly. :D

Also, by the way, I need a new dictionary for general use. A good one. One that defines the words forge as well as utilitarian. Any recommendations?

Edited by Openhearted
  • Like 5