• Replies 216.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Saturday morning was my usual early start & then I was running around here & there & then my parents came over to pick up their dog & we visited and I was SO SO tired so I just kept having coffee after coffee.

When they left at 1230 I was still exhausted, but now headachy and actually shaky from the caffeine.

I went to lie down with the ipad thinking I'd check in here... and fell asleep for 2 hours. OK then. So tired that I slept right through coffee jitters.

Sunday dh dragged me out to a car dealership & I actually test drove a car. Our sales guy was nice. He used to be on the Canadian Olympic fencing team & still competes. His wife is a fencer too. Olympic fencers have day jobs it turns out...

Didn't buy the car though; but might if he calls back with a bigger discount. Just can't decide if I should go new or try to find one a couple years old & save some $$$.

Save money.

• Like 2

oh & Keith, who initially thought the raspberry flavoured meds were so yummy & was drinking them like a baby bottle? About 4 doses in he's decided they're yucky & now is a pita to medicate.
A 6 week course of bid meds is not fun when your patient is not cooperating. 

We've been medicating reluctant rats for years & have all sorts of tricks up our sleeves but he's proving to be a challenge. His favourite food is lettuce. How am I supposed to hide bitter meds in lettuce???

I'm going to try making a green smoothie and see if that will work but I have my doubts. 

• Like 6

We are back from the pediatric dentist. Dd has 8 new cavities in the last six months. She had 7 cavities at her previous visit.  Guess we are going to go do a silent reflux evaluation with ped gastro.  Her little sister has similar issues and was on prevacid, so it's not entirely unexpected, but I am bummed for dd.

:grouphug:

• Like 1

Tex, Your dd and my dd could be best friends. That's exactly what my dd does. She puts her head down on the table and "cries", great big ol' fake sobs of "poor me, I have to exert brain activity to understand this and I don't want to, I just want to go out and play! It's not fair!", which get louder and louder as I continue to ignore her. Sigh! Math is a booger, that's for sure,

Edited by KrissiK
  • Like 5

Tex, Your dd and my dd could be best friends. That's exactly what my dd does. She puts her head down on the table and "cries", great big ol' fake sobs of "poor me, I have to exert brain activity to understand this and I don't want to, I just want to go out and play! It's not fair!", which get louder and louder as I continue to ignore her. Sigh! Math is a booger, that's for sure,

Holy Cow!  That's what I did earlier when I started to do my work.  Do you think it might be a virus that's going around?

• Like 6

This is why I don't go. My child IS that child and it stresses me out. I DO try to keep her contained, but she gets excited and talks and roams. She's not being bad really;but it is annoying for everyone else, I'm sure. 

My kids don't get an inside voice until the age of seven. They literally can't do it. I have shushed, I have bribed, I have dragged out because "you need to respect others if you want to be here".

• Like 5

oh & Keith, who initially thought the raspberry flavoured meds were so yummy & was drinking them like a baby bottle? About 4 doses in he's decided they're yucky & now is a pita to medicate.

A 6 week course of bid meds is not fun when your patient is not cooperating. 

We've been medicating reluctant rats for years & have all sorts of tricks up our sleeves but he's proving to be a challenge. His favourite food is lettuce. How am I supposed to hide bitter meds in lettuce???

I'm going to try making a green smoothie and see if that will work but I have my doubts. 

I'm sure that duct tape is the answer, but I'm not quite sure how.  :huh:

• Like 6

Holy Cow!  That's what I did earlier when I started to do my work.  Do you think it might be a virus that's going around?

Maybe. Some things just require an emotional response before I can pull on my pants and get on with it.

I've been the little girl who cried over math.

And y'all know how I feel about it now, so there's hope!

• Like 5

My DS is right there with them!

• Like 1

It reminds me of this video taken in 2008.

Dancer and math: https://video-lax3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xaf1/v/t42.1790-2/1298069_10200373647490531_25006_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjMwMCwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoibGVnYWN5X3NkIn0%3D&rl=300&vabr=159&oh=bfc0d2eda905e0ab840b93ff463af31e&oe=56CBCF29

• Like 3

My kids don't get an inside voice until the age of seven. They literally can't do it. I have shushed, I have bribed, I have dragged out because "you need to respect others if you want to be here".

I am convinced 85% of children do not develop an inside voice until age 7. (Says the prek teacher of 9 out of 13 outside voices :willy_nilly: ...) 

• Like 3

I remember once my oldest and I were at the library - he was about 5yo and was trying so hard to talk softly. Some idiot 18yo twit gave him an angry face and told him to shush. Right in front of me. In the video section.

I gave her my most sincere "do it again and I will sic my elephant ninjas on you, you scum of the earth" glare.

• Like 6

My anxious neighbor called because (gasp!) there is construction happening on one of the main streets and she just does not know what she's going to do if she has to wait for a flagger.  :svengo: I might have been catching up on ITT and not giving her dramatic wails my full attention.  I assured her that she will indeed live. 

• Like 6

I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband.  I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband.

• Like 8

Are Children allowed or do they get duct taped at the door?

I would suggest that we designate some weeks to be child-free and others to be children welcome. Nannies/cabana boys would be on hand to care for/feed/rescue/entertain children.

Oh, and we will have at least 2 full kitchens - one gluten/etc free and one regular.

• Like 3

I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband.  I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband. I love my kids.  I love my pets.  I love my husband.

• Like 3

(BTW, I looooove the order in which these were written. :laugh: )

• Like 4

:lol:

Edited by texasmama
  • Like 10