• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Slache

• Susan in TN

• Jean in Newcastle

• KrissiK

Ellie, Thanks for fixing the hula link.

Question:  Is hula similar to sign language, in that certain movements equate to certain words/phrases/ideas?  Or is it more of a translation of emotion?

From watching the video I got the feeling that it is the latter, which for some reason I had never considered before.

It looks like a combination of sign language and Tai Chi.  Fascinating!

• Like 4

So, my head spent most of yesterday trying to kick over into a seizure despite my meds. Lost my eyesight for 3-4 seconds at a time twice. Seems better today.

I'd go to the doctor except that I know I'll waste my time and come home with a new 6 month driving restriction and absolutely no prescriptive solution. Disability checks aren't going to pay our mortgage, so onward.

So, my head spent most of yesterday trying to kick over into a seizure despite my meds. Lost my eyesight for 3-4 seconds at a time twice. Seems better today.

I'd go to the doctor except that I know I'll waste my time and come home with a new 6 month driving restriction and absolutely no prescriptive solution. Disability checks aren't going to pay our mortgage, so onward.

:grouphug:

• Like 3

:grouphug:

• Like 2

Dh was rear-ended, and the driver who hit him ran off.  So, it's considered a hit and run, and we are being covered under uninsured motorist provisions.  We have to pay our deductible in this state. Our plan has accident forgiveness, so here's hoping our rates don't go up too. Grrr....

Bleh. :(

Glad to hear it sounds like it's primarily the deductible that's an issue and not a broken neck, though.

• Like 3

So tired. Need sleep. And Jamba.

SIL is going to be in a woo tang video. What does this mean? Please tell me it's respectable.

Wu-Tang the band? 

This calls for us all getting Wu-Tang Clan names.... There's a link to the generator inside of this Huff Post article explaining about the band. http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/04/22/wu-tang-clan-name-generat_n_547530.html

Mine came out as "Scratchin' Commander".

I put in my board name and I am now "Respected Menace".

Edited by kbeal
  • Like 4

Doctor was 53 minutes late. She made it quite clear that she was pro choice and asked if we were sure we wanted another baby.

Baby's good, but currently genderless.

Seriously? That is in poor taste, no matter what side if the fence you sit on! I stopped going to a doctor because when I was getting a physical for foster care requirements in order to adopt again (after 3 kids already adopted) she said, "you want more kids? What do you want more kids for?" I was so completely offended. That is an inappropriate thing to say, and it's none of her business anyhow. And anyhow, it's not like we'd already adopted 20 kids. Grrr! Makes me mad just thinking about it!
  • Like 4

Dh was rear-ended, and the driver who hit him ran off. So, it's considered a hit and run, and we are being covered under uninsured motorist provisions. We have to pay our deductible in this state. Our plan has accident forgiveness, so here's hoping our rates don't go up too. Grrr....

Arrrrrgh! That you even need accident forgiveness for being hit in the highway?! Blech.

• Like 1

Doctor was 53 minutes late. She made it quite clear that she was pro choice and asked if we were sure we wanted another baby.

Baby's good, but currently genderless.

Wow, I am sorry you had to deal with that. And then people wonder why some people don't trust doctors!

• Like 2