Menu

Looking for pie ideas for Pi day

Lara in Colo

cookie pie? Make a cookie crust base in a pizza pan and top with goodies (frosting,choc chips,sprinkles, maraschino cherries)

Moon pies?

pizza pie?

cheesecake "pie" (like those easy no bake ones, though that is not really cheesecake, in my family we call that cheesecake pie)?

Agreeing on the ice cream pie. I thought everyone loved those. Unless your dc don't like ice cream. A friend of mine makes one with a chocolate cookie crust (she just buys Keebler premade), chocolate ice cream, raspberry sorbet and hot fudge sauce on top. Sometimes she sprinkles brownie crumbs on top. :drool5:

Pizza pie

Mississippi Mud Pie

Chicken Pot Pie

Ice Cream Pie

Strawberry Shortcake Pie

My husband's aunt used to make chocolate pie that was really just a store bought graham cracker pie crust filled with instant pudding.  

You could do the same thing as a sundae pie - store bought crust with ice cream and whipped cream and whatever topping you wanted.  

Someone needs to work on her pie-making skills is what I think.

We're homeschoolers.  Shouldn't the KIDS be making the pie?  DS8 made a superb pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving, and he even made the crust from scratch.  Yep, I think DS has definitely been nominated to make the Pi Day pie.  He just doesn't know it yet.

ETA: Oh, yeah, I forgot some on this board are afterschoolers.  But still - it's a good skill to learn early.  :)