Menu

Cold cereal

Night Elf

We like Mom's Best brand.  Some stores have it in the healthy food section, some in the regular cereal section. They tout their cereals as being all-natural and environmentally friendly. They're also affordable compared to most organic/natural brands (usually about $2.00 a box, but I just stocked you when the local store put them on sale at $1.28 each; these are regular to big sized boxes). Cereal isn't a really healthy way to start the day in the first place, but this is what we like to have if we're having cereal. 

Define 'healthy'?  Are you avoiding sugar, or what specifically?

Oh I'm sorry. Basically I'm looking for something other than sugary cereal. Ds eats only Lucky Charms, but I'm bored with it. DH eats only Multigrain Cheerios but I am bored with that too. I thought it might be nice to try something new and figured I'd be better off looking for something healthy.

I buy only organic cereal, which can be expensive, but you also know that it is not loaded with high fructose corn syrup, colors, and gmos.

That being said, Fresh and easy has their organic brand of cereal and it is relatively cheap and has things like coco balls, and honey ohs etc.. It has kid friendly pictures on the fron that look pealing to children which is a plus.

Life works around here -- keeps the peeps decently full til lunch, and it *seems* like a treat cereal. 

We all really like Great Grains -- the crunchy pecans has no raisins, and I just pick the raisins out of the one that does have them (Dates and Raisins, or some such).

We like the knockoff brand Raisin Bran Crunch, and again, I pick out the raisins.