Menu

Knitters, what are you working on??

Moxie

I'm now working on a pair of Almondine socks from the book "Sock Knitting Master Class" with Stroll Tonal in Blue Wonder. 

I have that book! I'm working on the Rose Ribs socks. I love and want to do the Almondine ones, also.

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I like this thread!

I just finished a Spiderman hat for DS3. Now I need to start the Before and After Scarf, sorry my computer is being stupid tonight and won't link anything, for my mom's birthday. I already made her one but I have two balls of Claudia Handpainted Silk Lace left over from another project so I'm going to make her two of the scarves to wear together like the pattern suggests. Since the Claudia is handpainted and each skein is unique the scarves will both be grey but not quite the same shade.

I'm working on a cable scarf that I plan to give to my grandmother for Christmas.  It is my first time doing cables - easier than I thought, although it is a simple cable.  Also, I went to a class tonight and started on a little stuffed owl. 

If you like cables you should check out the videos for cabling without a cable needle. It makes cables so much easier!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a crocheter and I just signed up to sell at the holiday market in a couple of weeks (I have supply).  I don't really have much Christmasy related stuff so I am in scrambling mode for the next two weeks.  So far I have made a Santa hat, a mini stocking for gift cards or just tree decor, and currently shooting myself for not reading the pattern closer before starting this larger stocking (it's entirely done in single crochet and I hate single crochet).  I foresee Santa hats in different sizes, more ornament stockings and regular ornaments in my near future. 

I can tell this thread is rather addictive. :lol: I finally opened it because I am knitting again after several months off. Trying to fininh a sweater for ds that was actually started for dh years ago. Fortunately I had bought loads of yarn because I actually managed to lose the back of the sweater. I am sure it is very safe but no clue where. i think we have moved twice since I knitted the back....

I'm making button-puffs, similiar theory as the hexipuffs.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/button-quilt

Slowly progressing through the squares for this cabled blanket. I'm on the square for week 6.

http://www.creativebug.com/workshop/cabled-afghan-knit-along/week1

I'm also crocheting several baby blankets for friends/family due this winter.

And a Jayne Cob hat with matching mittens for one of my sons.

I've got a long project list that I need to hurry up on. LOL

I'm not on the OUAT group. Yet. I like the show so that could be fun. Off to add yet another group...

I do a Harry Potter house cup that is really fun. They make up class assignments for us to match completed projects to each month, there's house games to play in too (I'm in Hufflepuff.) It's quite fun and motivating and keeps my needles going.

Thanks for the button puff link. I have lots of fingering left overs so will try it. Same person has lots of great blanket ideas so I downloaded a whole bundle. Love free patterns. :)

The socks that I finished used toothpicks size one needles.  Size two needles do not bother me but ones drive me nuts.

Every time I use size one or zero needles, I think about the children in Victorian workhouses who knitted stockings for the well to do on size 000 needles.  I cannot imagine being in those dark holes doing that sort of fine work.

My mil knits at Old Sturbridge Village when she is working there, they use size 1 needles, I can't even deal!

I've ripped out grandson #2's toddler blanket twice because I didn't like the pattern. I finally settled on one. I wanted to make sure it had some texture, but not holes for his little hands and feet to get caught in.

Dh and ds think I'm crazy for frogging, but unless I have a deadline with a project it doesn't bother me a bit if I'm doing it because I want to. If I have to do it because of unfixable* mistakes, then I get frustrated.

*Probably not a real word. I'm getting the red squiggly underline. ;-)

That's so clever! Now I'm thinking about how one would do a Who-themed tree. Perhaps a little knitted fez for a tree-topper?

I bought a Weeping Angel Tree Topper, am making fake 3D glasses, have printouts to make a pandorica box.  I crocheted this little adipose the other day bfb77152-9d03-4575-bcd7-f940f33116e5_zps

and am going to make a few creepy snowmen out of styrofoam balls.  I have a tardis, cyberman head, and dalek glass ornament.  I'm sure my kids will help me come up with other items too.  

I bought a Weeping Angel Tree Topper, am making fake 3D glasses, have printouts to make a pandorica box.  I crocheted this little adipose the other day bfb77152-9d03-4575-bcd7-f940f33116e5_zps

and am going to make a few creepy snowmen out of styrofoam balls.  I have a tardis, cyberman head, and dalek glass ornament.  I'm sure my kids will help me come up with other items too.  

:thumbup: Too stinkin' cute! A Weeping Angel tree topper! Why didn't I think of that? You are going to have to post photos of this tree, you know!

Kel,

What sock pattern is this?

Thanks!

The red socks were just a Toe up stockinette stitch sock that I made up myself.  I follow the "recipe" from Knit Freedoms Toe up sock pattern. I figure out stitches around by measuring the foot and then multiplying by stitches per inch, then I subtract 10-15% depending on how snug I want them to fit.  I usually cast on 12-20 stitches depending on who I'm making the socks for.  I use the Fleegle heel for them.  

I'd be happy to answer any questions about how I do it.  Just PM me.

I am working on my 6th square of a 20-square afghan.  Kind of a sampler, so I'm enjoying the different stitches.  I am terribly slow and a klutzy knitter, but there is just something I like about it--

I went to ravelry and downloaded 2 hat patterns for my boys--they need something nicer than the $1 hats from Walmart we have lying around--

I have a small stash of random yarn so I'll find something to use.

I'm amazed to read all these posts from you knitters--I feel like something just hasn't "clicked" with me enough to know what kind of yarn and needles are beautiful and stashworthy; what projects are worth my time--I just plod along, but I do love seeing the project turn out once i get the motivation to START and to WORK ON IT.

I only knit while DH watch bits of shows or movies at night--so with 30-60 min of knitting a few days/week, projects last a long time!!

B--

The red socks were just a Toe up stockinette stitch sock that I made up myself. I follow the "recipe" from Knit Freedoms Toe up sock pattern. I figure out stitches around by measuring the foot and then multiplying by stitches per inch, then I subtract 10-15% depending on how snug I want them to fit. I usually cast on 12-20 stitches depending on who I'm making the socks for. I use the Fleegle heel for them.

I'd be happy to answer any questions about how I do it. Just PM me.

http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-neckwarmer-headband

Thinner makes more of a headband/earband. Thicker makes more of a circular scarf.

Thank you both!!!

Keep this thread going! It's encouraging me to keep on knitting! Since this thread started,  I finished the socks I mentioned earlier in the thread, knitted a bulky scarf and hat for dh to donate to the collection his office is doing, and cast on this scarf for a Christmas gift for my father. (Yikes! Moss stitch takes sooo much yarn, I don't think I have enough, and the yarn shop is probably out of my colorway by now!)

My 11 year old (boy) wanted to learn to knit so I'm making another neckwarmer for a friend beside him while he practices. The mitts are too fiddly to do and try to help him. I think I have the wrong kind of yarn. It's too splitty for a newb like me. I made 15 increases without realizing it. They yarn splits and looks like stitches and I'm tired of frogging it (7x already). When I'm done with this neckwarmer I'll try to make mitts out of the leftover orange yarn to send with the neckwarmer. We'll see it that works out better for me.

It's the pattern I linked above. It's pretty quick.  

I just finished a pair of socks. I would love ideas/links to free corchet or knit neck warmer pattern for dh. Now I am into it, I enjoy knitting a lot!

If you mean neckwarmers as in cowls here are a few I think might work: Ribby Neckwarmer, Mr Cowl, Mira's Cowl.

If you mean scarves: New York Scarf, Thermal Tweed Scarf, The Dudester Scarf.

Nukeswife, I love the scarf!

I found out a couple of days ago that my LYS is hosting a white elephant hat exchange. I just whipped up this hat in bright pink Red Heart acrylic. I'm going to knit a nice beret, and tuck it neatly inside the icky acrylic one. But isn't part of the fun of a white elephant seeing what awful items get passed around?

Nukeswife, I love the scarf!

I found out a couple of days ago that my LYS is hosting a white elephant hat exchange. I just whipped up this hat in bright pink Red Heart acrylic. I'm going to knit a nice beret, and tuck it neatly inside the icky acrylic one. But isn't part of the fun of a white elephant seeing what awful items get passed around?

This scarf is made of icky red heart because it's just going on the tree.  I have KnitPicks Wool of the Andes that I plan to use to make a full size one some day.

This scarf is made of icky red heart because it's just going on the tree.  I have KnitPicks Wool of the Andes that I plan to use to make a full size one some day.

I think it looks perfectly lovely, even if it is acrylic! My very first knitting project was a 13 foot scarf for dh, in Paton Classic Wool. Boy, howdy! Did I master the knit stitch on that one! :laugh:

I love the idea of a mystery KAL. Someday...

I have learned I don't like MKALs much. There's nothing worse than getting half or finishing a project and realizing you hate it. Bah. I like to know what I'm knitting. But I love to follow along on the KALs to see if it turns out to be something I want to make and I often do that.

What wooly wormhead hat and mitt MKAL came out really cute!

I don't have any pics of my most recent ones.  I'll upload some tomorrow. 

I finished: 

• Super bulky brioche  cowl
  • Drop stitch cowl (Blue Sky Alpacas Bulky with leftover Mal. Rasta).  I ran out of yarn before I wanted to, so at some point I'll try to get a matching skein and finish it, but it's good enough to wear for now.
  • Wolfie hat (minus the eyes I need to buy and sew on)
  • Owl mittens
  • Fox stole

Next up I need to make some hats, two hooded cowls for friends, and two birthday sweaters. :)  Knitpicks has a great sale today, too.  Super cheap prices for excellent yarns.  

Just dug out an unfinished girl baby sweater that I started for someone else last year. I seem to start gifts and end up finishing some previous project when it actually comes time to give the gift. Baby is due the right before Christmas so am hoping that casual knitting will finish it off in time.

"Flying by the seat of my pants" is apparently not a knitting style that works for me. I ordered some superwash wool from Knitpicks in order to make tri-color Papa, Mama and Toddler mittens for my nephew, his wife and son. I really did not have patterns in mind and honestly did not think through the quantity of yarn as I should have done. In fear that I needed one more skein I went off to the Knitpicks site where I found that the needed color was on sale.  Now would it make any sense to pay postage for just one skein?  Of course not!  So I ordered the one thing I needed and some other sale items--for which I don't have plans.  Which means I will be flying by the seat of my pants down the road.

I really need to be more deliberate--and put a dent in my stash.

"Flying by the seat of my pants" is apparently not a knitting style that works for me. I ordered some superwash wool from Knitpicks in order to make tri-color Papa, Mama and Toddler mittens for my nephew, his wife and son. I really did not have patterns in mind and honestly did not think through the quantity of yarn as I should have done. In fear that I needed one more skein I went off to the Knitpicks site where I found that the needed color was on sale.  Now would it make any sense to pay postage for just one skein?  Of course not!  So I ordered the one thing I needed and some other sale items--for which I don't have plans.  Which means I will be flying by the seat of my pants down the road.

I really need to be more deliberate--and put a dent in my stash.

:lol:   My kin!  I have all of these random balls of yarn.  None of them really match anything color or gauge wise.  I'm not sure what I was thinking other than "Oh! Pretty!"

:lol:   My kin!  I have all of these random balls of yarn.  None of them really match anything color or gauge wise.  I'm not sure what I was thinking other than "Oh! Pretty!"

It is nuts, isn't it?

I sorted through my yarn bins this morning and created a giveaway bag.  Not that I don't have plenty remaining!

I really want to knit myself some simple but pretty light cardigan with 3/4 sleeves. This will be my first project after 30 years of not knitting, except that recently I finished my first ever pair of socks and three simple neck warmers. Any suggestions?

I haven't knit this but about a zillion other people have: February Lady Sweater. A couple others I hear about often are Vitamin D and Featherweight Cardigan. A search on 3/4 sleeve brings up this. It's certainly not an exhaustive list--just patterns tagged with 3/4 sleeve--but it looks like a good start.

I haven't knit this but about a zillion other people have: February Lady Sweater. A couple others I hear about often are Vitamin D and Featherweight Cardigan. A search on 3/4 sleeve brings up this. It's certainly not an exhaustive list--just patterns tagged with 3/4 sleeve--but it looks like a good start.

Lovely pattern selection, I saved a few. If I am actually starting to figure out how Ravelry works! I still can't sem to sort very effectively.

I haven't knitted this pattern for the February Lady Sweater but I have made the Elizabeth Zimmerman child sized one that is what this pattern is based on. I remember it as knitting up pretty easily if that is any help, of course I did make a small one!