Menu

Who would move here? :)

Liz CA

149 members have voted

1. 1. Would you move here?

• I could spend a weekend / vacation here
    • Would NOT set foot in it
    • I could live here

You would have to set anchors twenty miles inland for me to even consider setting foot in it for a quick look. Drive my car in and ride down a car elevator? Swim in a suspended over crashing surf and craggily rocks pool? Sorry, not even this seasider is comfortable with the thought of spending much time in that house.

No way after seeing the effect of erosion on Pacifica leading to evacuations.

"According to city officials and workers at the apartments, as much as 40 feet of land has disappeared at the property in the past year. Early Thursday, the bluff starting falling away in alarmingly large chunks, and city officials red-tagged the apartments." (From SF Chronicles, Dec 2009)

We Bay area people understand.  ;)

I don't trust engineers that much unless I have to. And I don't have to in this case.  I would be willing to go in for an hour and do a tour or something, but I wouldn't buy it or live in it even if I could afford it.

No way. I am incredibly terrified of heights. That house is nothing short of my personal nightmare. :svengo:

Although cleaning it would be horrible (although I'm sure the owner can afford for someone else to do it!) I think the windows are beautiful! I definitely appreciate the architecture of it....just not the location! 

We Bay area people understand. ;)

I don't trust engineers that much unless I have to. And I don't have to in this case. I would be willing to go in for an hour and do a tour or something, but I wouldn't buy it or live in it even if I could afford it.

Oy, I hadn't heard about this. I am so glad that I hardly ever have to cross that bridge.

Uh, no...

Attached to the side of a cliff, above a very rough part of the sea, with iron rods. Hhhm, let me think.

And what part of the rock cycle did the designers not understand? Not a question of if, but when it would destabilize or fall! Maybe they are betting on a timescale.

And the view SOUNDS great, but reality much? You wouldn't see a thing. Water, salt, spray...sea birdsðŸ˜

Of course, our family rock climbs, so dh thought living on a crag sounded great:)

My first thought is that it would never pass any environmental evaluation. Cliffs need to be protected from further erosion, not drilled into etc.

My husband's aunt lost a vacation house build on a lakeside cliff when a water pipe burst and flooded the whole basement etc. The whole house just suddenly slid off the hill into a lake. No one was home, thank goodness. It didn't even take that much water and was in an area that is quite developed. 

In theory, sure.  Reality? I can't imagine it would ever be built.  

Well, I meant picture it as a real estate option...I am surprised that the poll revealed that - by a large margin - many people would not set foot in it. I'd at least want to walk through or spend a weekend there before the seagulls p*#p it shut. :lol:

Well, I meant picture it as a real estate option...I am surprised that the poll revealed that - by a large margin - many people would not set foot in it. I'd at least want to walk through or spend a weekend there before the seagulls p*#p it shut. :lol:

I might actually do a quick walk through because I would be very curious. But I could never feel restful there!

Where are the servants quarters and the main kitchen?  Because I doubt that little kitchenette is going to be able to serve meals to that giant dining table.

And where would you hang it?  In some country with little safety oversight is my guess.

This is reminding me of the Broadchurch crew being told to get the heck off that cliff they were filming on.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/broadchurch-crew-risk-lives-perching-3662738

We looked at a 29th stores condo a couple of years ago and that was more than enough for me. I need to be able to see ground with people on it. I was SHOCKED at how much it freaked me out.