Menu

Another would you eat this?

busymama7

Sorry, I don't extend beyond 4 hours at room temp.  Most bacteria will be killed if you boil them again for 10 minutes,  but they would be a thick mush by then so unless you want that, I would toss them.  Even with that, there are some toxins that can make a person sick that are not killed by heat.  Your body can tolerate a certain ratio, but if they are allowed to multiply over night, in a nutrient/carb rich environment, the ratio may tip in the favor of the toxins. 

I just noticed that you are postpartum and in that case, there is absolutely no way I would eat them.  No way I would chance getting me or anyone else sick with a body that is still healing and a new baby in the house to care for. 

I would throw them out under any circumstances, but in at one week post-partum? I would never take a chance.

Sorry to have to say that, because I'm sure you're already exhausted and even at the best of times, it's a real nuisance to go to the trouble of cooking something and then having to throw it away. :grouphug:

I wonder how sickness in the trenches of WWI can be pinpointed to the dubious rice?  The water, the vermin, the diseases.  I'm skeptical. 

I agree with you on that one, but rice can actually grow a scary number of bacteria very quickly. I try not to think about it.

I don't generally eat stuff like that, that's set out overnight.