Menu

Do you refrigerate blackberry cobbler?

TammyinTN

If it's a mock cobbler - the kind where you melt the butter, add the fruit, then add a milk of milk and flour and sugar, then yes.  I've had them be okay the next day, but I've also had the doughy part start to sour because of the milk.

If it's a "real" cobbler with the cobbler biscuits, then I think it's probably less necessary, though it wouldn't hurt and you can always heat it up again.

I wish you guys were all here...we could have cobbler, ice cream and wine together.  It probably won't last until tomorrow night...I'm sitting it on the dining room table.   In case it will go bad, I'll have cobbler with coffee for breakfast! ;)  I need to walk 10 miles right this very minute. 

I wish you guys were all here...we could have cobbler, ice cream and wine together. It probably won't last until tomorrow night...I'm sitting it on the dining room table. In case it will go bad, I'll have cobbler with coffee for breakfast! ;) I need to walk 10 miles right this very minute.

Now you're taunting us with wine and ice cream, too!!!

You're EVIL!!! :D

My mom never refrigerated it and I don't either.  If it were going to be exceptionally hot then maybe, but I find it stays good for a couple days and never last long enough for me to be concerned.

Now I want some cobbler.

The first thing that will happen with cobbler (besides the arrival of the late night cobbler gobbler AKA everyone in your home) is that the fat will go rancid. If my kitchen is cool enough to safely store butter and bacon grease on the counter or stove then it is cool enough to leave out left over desserts. If you can't keep your butter and grease out in the summer, I'd find some room in the fridge.